Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash: New album and tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: New album and tour  (Read 30142 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 08:53:53 AM »

This is great news. I am happy.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »

Not much has changed.
After the Illusions tour Slash made the Snakepit album. Now its pretty much the same.

I dont see how so many of you are so surprised. We were close to having new GNR music in 2014 before Slash rejoined. Now its more complicated, releasing songs written by Paul Tobias and Robin Finck wont make much sense today. No matter how much i would love to hear those songs in their Chinese era form.

Are they interested in writing a new album starting from scratch, i really dont know. Trying to do that in the mid 90s didnt seem to work so well.

Im extremely happy to hear that theres gonna be new AC/DC with Axl. Apart from that i hope to hear the leftovers of Chinese someday soon.

Theres still one leg left of this tour, lets try to enjoy it as much as we can.

Who knows whats gonna happen in the next chapter of the wonderful and surprising world of GNR.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »

Not much has changed.
After the Illusions tour Slash made the Snakepit album. Now its pretty much the same.

I dont see how so many of you are so surprised. We were close to having new GNR music in 2014 before Slash rejoined. Now its more complicated, releasing songs written by Paul Tobias and Robin Finck wont make much sense today. No matter how much i would love to hear those songs in their Chinese era form.

Are they interested in writing a new album starting from scratch, i really dont know. Trying to do that in the mid 90s didnt seem to work so well.

Im extremely happy to hear that theres gonna be new AC/DC with Axl. Apart from that i hope to hear the leftovers of Chinese someday soon.

Theres still one leg left of this tour, lets try to enjoy it as much as we can.

Who knows whats gonna happen in the next chapter of the wonderful and surprising world of GNR.

PAul tobias was not in GNR in 2008 when Chidem was released. Neither was buckethead.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 01:41:31 AM »

Todd Kerns wife - the bassist in SMKC.

Could be reading too much into it - but it seems pretty specific to state those dates.

It is weirdly specific, but 3 years would be a pretty long tour for such a relatively small band, especially when the two main members have other commitments. And keep in mind, every other SMKC tour was only one year long. If Alter Bridge wants to do an album in 2019, I would expect a short tour from late '18 to early or mid '19 and that's it. And maybe Axl/DC's album/tour follows the same timeline as SMKC? So optimistically, they could be back to Guns by mid 2019.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:43:02 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »

I am pretty sure that SMKC tours were more than 12 months. I think more like 18 months or more.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »

I am pretty sure that SMKC tours were more than 12 months. I think more like 18 months or more.

So, if they start that in the Autumn/Winter of 2018, that would wrap up sometime in the first half of 2020. That doesn't fill me with hope.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 01:37:04 PM »

You guys seriously expecting new Guns N' Roses music really redefine the term "glutton for punishment".

Our best bet is to hope for another tour in 5 years.  Focus on that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »

You guys seriously expecting new Guns N' Roses music really redefine the term "glutton for punishment".

Ah...a live album...a few outtakes/demos, that sort of thing...come on, got to hope!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 10:09:04 PM »

Ah...a live album...a few outtakes/demos, that sort of thing...come on, got to hope!

Maybe when/if things quiet down on the reunion front we can start talking about the post-ChiDem albums again. Tongue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 06:42:14 AM »

Maybe when/if things quiet down on the reunion front we can start talking about the post-ChiDem albums again. Tongue

If/when? It'll be pretty quiet when Slash tours with SMKC.....

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 03:20:22 PM »

If/when? It'll be pretty quiet when Slash tours with SMKC.....

Well, I'm thinking quiet like they leave things ambiguous during the down time and we don't know who's in the band. If they announce that the Slash/Duff lineup will be back in some capacity, there's probably not as much fuel for CD session speculation.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »

Pure speculation on my part, but I would have thought that during their 2 years+ touring the topic of "shall we do another album together" had to have been raised. It would be pretty strange if they never even tried to have that conversation. If that hypothesis is accurate, it suggests that there was not much interest, whether due to Axl's desire to work with Angus or Slash's interest in working with Myles and the Conspirators.

Further, given the fact that Slash is so prolific, I would have thought that had there been interest in another GNR album with the Big Three, Slash could have/would have come up with at least a few songs toward the new album. He says he is always working on new songs and even uses time on the road to compose.

I can only conclude that there is little interest and little prospect for new music from GNR anytime soon. I would not rule out a new live album, however.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 11:35:39 PM »

They have been 15 months, 8 months and 16 months, respectively. So it could easily be less than a year.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »

They have been 15 months, 8 months and 16 months, respectively. So it could easily be less than a year.

They have only released two albums so I bet the 8 month tour is the second part of the first tour after a break, which would make it 23 months. Just like NITL has taken breaks but is still considered one tour.

The second tour of 16 months was cut short by GNR's schedule and Slash rejoining the band. I say this because I saw him in October 2015 in Denver and he said something about being back early next year (2016) with Kennedy and the Conspirators, but instead the GNR tour began

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 03:55:51 PM »

I saw Slash during his last two tours, and his setlists easily were 50% old Guns tunes.  Point being, who in their right minds are going to shell out money to see him do that with Myles, a poor man's Axl, after seeing the real deal killing it for two and a half years? I don't get that thinking and don't see this tour being much of a trek.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2018, 01:22:56 AM »

They have only released two albums so I bet the 8 month tour is the second part of the first tour after a break, which would make it 23 months. Just like NITL has taken breaks but is still considered one tour.

The second tour of 16 months was cut short by GNR's schedule and Slash rejoining the band. I say this because I saw him in October 2015 in Denver and he said something about being back early next year (2016) with Kennedy and the Conspirators, but instead the GNR tour began

No, the first tour was for his solo album. It was the same band.  Roll Eyes

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 01:35:10 AM »

@sofine11 I would.
To see Slash live would be a dream come true, and I've only seen him once with GN'R, this past tour.
Now I don't know about you, but when a favorite musician of mine is touring, I'd go; if I can do that more than once then I would fucking do it.
Myles is not a poor man's Axl, he's Myles - and the rest of the band are not GN'R either - and that's the beauty of it.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 10:54:54 AM »

@sofine11 I would.
To see Slash live would be a dream come true, and I've only seen him once with GN'R, this past tour.
Now I don't know about you, but when a favorite musician of mine is touring, I'd go; if I can do that more than once then I would fucking do it.
Myles is not a poor man's Axl, he's Myles - and the rest of the band are not GN'R either - and that's the beauty of it.

That's sort of proved his point though - "Myles is not a poor man's Axl, he's Myles - and the rest of the band are not GN'R either" - so why would people want to see them play 50 per cent GNR songs?

The interest in seeing them play GNR songs is seriously limited, now people can actually see him play those songs with GNR. In my view they'd be best off sticking to their own material now.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 12:24:17 PM »

No, the first tour was for his solo album. It was the same band.  Roll Eyes

I would like to see the source of the information that SMKC first album tour was only 8 months long. It is hard to believe. I don't remember exactly but it seems that I saw him twice on that tour and the times were more than 8 months apart.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 01:25:46 AM »

@sofine11 I would.

That's sort of proved his point though - "Myles is not a poor man's Axl, he's Myles - and the rest of the band are not GN'R either" - so why would people want to see them play 50 per cent GNR songs?

The interest in seeing them play GNR songs is seriously limited, now people can actually see him play those songs with GNR. In my view they'd be best off sticking to their own material now.

That was kind of a dick move, what you did there, quoting the whole sentence except for the last words, which were "AND THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF IT".
Then again it made me realize why people wouldn't want to spend their money on such a show.
Not me, I'd still go, even if it was Slash playing turkish folk songs on a broken Stratocaster. But that's just the kind of fan I am. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: