Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash: New album and tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: New album and tour  (Read 30368 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 05:42:22 AM »

@sofine11 I would.
To see Slash live would be a dream come true, and I've only seen him once with GN'R, this past tour.
Now I don't know about you, but when a favorite musician of mine is touring, I'd go; if I can do that more than once then I would fucking do it.
Myles is not a poor man's Axl, he's Myles - and the rest of the band are not GN'R either - and that's the beauty of it.

That's sort of proved his point though - "Myles is not a poor man's Axl, he's Myles - and the rest of the band are not GN'R either" - so why would people want to see them play 50 per cent GNR songs?

The interest in seeing them play GNR songs is seriously limited, now people can actually see him play those songs with GNR. In my view they'd be best off sticking to their own material now.

That was kind of a dick move, what you did there, quoting the whole sentence except for the last words, which were "AND THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF IT".
Then again it made me realize why people wouldn't want to spend their money on such a show.
Not me, I'd still go, even if it was Slash playing turkish folk songs on a broken Stratocaster. But that's just the kind of fan I am. Smiley

Why? Doesn't change the meaning of what you said at all. I can understand why people would want to hear smkc songs, but hearing them play gnr songs- that's lost it's pull, in the same way that a gnr without slash has loat its pull.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 06:01:56 AM »

Slash has been playing less Gnr songs every tour.
He will mostly play the stuff with Myles and co on the next tour with some Snakepit & VR.
I doubt he will do more than 4 Gnr songs.
Look at Black Star Riders, they mostly did all Thin Lizzy for years but on the last tour they only did one Lizzy song.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 06:27:19 AM »

He will mostly play the stuff with Myles and co on the next tour with some Snakepit & VR.
Look at Black Star Riders, they mostly did all Thin Lizzy for years but on the last tour they only did one Lizzy song.

Most of those years they were called 'Thin Lizzy' though to be fair!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 01:19:14 PM »

Exactly.

Here's the setlist from October 2015, last time I saw them. 7 GNR songs, not 10 like someone else said.

You're a Lie
Nightrain
(Guns N? Roses cover)
Avalon
Standing in the Sun
Back from Cali
Wicked Stone
Too Far Gone
You Could Be Mine
(Guns N? Roses cover)
Doctor Alibi
Welcome to the Jungle
(Guns N? Roses cover) (Todd Kerns on vocals)
Beneath the Savage Sun
Mr. Brownstone
(Guns N? Roses cover)
The Dissident
Rocket Queen
(Guns N? Roses cover)
Bent to Fly
World on Fire
Anastasia
Sweet Child O' Mine
(Guns N? Roses cover)
Slither
Encore:
Paradise City
(Guns N? Roses cover)

It was a kick ass show! Was my birthday and will never forget it. And what I really liked was that people were there to hear Slash songs. What I don't like about GNR crowds is that many people are there just to hear Appetite songs and everyone goes crazy for Sweet Child. I am so tired of Sweet Child. I wish they would delete it from the set list. But for Slash shows, people are not there to hear Sweet Child but rather for Anastasia, Slither, Cali, and all his other great songs.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »

No I?m talking about Black Star Riders not when they toured as Thin Lizzy.
They are on their third album tour, the same as Slash will be.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »

No I?m talking about Black Star Riders not when they toured as Thin Lizzy.
They are on their third album tour, the same as Slash will be.

Time flies! Doesn't seem that long since i saw them as thin lizzy supporting gnr.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »

I saw Slash during his last two tours, and his setlists easily were 50% old Guns tunes.  Point being, who in their right minds are going to shell out money to see him do that with Myles, a poor man's Axl, after seeing the real deal killing it for two and a half years? I don't get that thinking and don't see this tour being much of a trek.

hmmm... my favourite guitar player playing a bunch of solo material, new songs and iconic songs with a stripped down tight band in a more intimate venue at a much cheaper cost.  Sign me up please.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 07:34:56 AM »

Slash needed money for his divorce, Duff needed a gig, Axl needed some musicians to tour.

now you had it, the "reunion" thing.

they'll do some other shows and move to their respectives business, Slash with his band,
Duff will probably write another book about being a man, a dad, a grandfather and play with whatever,
and Axl has an exit strategy (difficult to do another Guns LP without Slash & Duff now) with AC/DC.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »

Axl should release the rest of Chinese as a solo album when Slash releases his.  ok
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:02:07 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 01:10:10 PM »

Slash and Myles Kennedy playing Aftershock in October

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2018, 08:36:47 AM »

Axl should release the rest of Chinese as solo album when Slash release his

If it?s the only way to hear the material, I agree. There is so much he could do. Not being held up in GNR.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 11:26:10 AM »

Axl should release the rest of Chinese as solo album when Slash release his

If it?s the only way to hear the material, I agree. There is so much he could do. Not being held up in GNR.

He will never do that. Doesnt need to either, he owns all rights. I just see the Record company being dicks as the main deterrent for Axl not to even want to move !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 09:17:16 PM »

Record company owns that material

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »

I am pretty sure that SMKC tours were more than 12 months. I think more like 18 months or more.

They have been 15 months, 8 months and 16 months, respectively. So it could easily be less than a year.

They have only released two albums so I bet the 8 month tour is the second part of the first tour after a break, which would make it 23 months. Just like NITL has taken breaks but is still considered one tour.

The second tour of 16 months was cut short by GNR's schedule and Slash rejoining the band. I say this because I saw him in October 2015 in Denver and he said something about being back early next year (2016) with Kennedy and the Conspirators, but instead the GNR tour began

No, the first tour was for his solo album. It was the same band.  Roll Eyes

I would like to see the source of the information that SMKC first album tour was only 8 months long. It is hard to believe. I don't remember exactly but it seems that I saw him twice on that tour and the times were more than 8 months apart.

http://www.slashparadise.com/bands/slash-solo.php

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2018, 09:54:52 AM »

I am pretty sure that SMKC tours were more than 12 months. I think more like 18 months or more.

They have been 15 months, 8 months and 16 months, respectively. So it could easily be less than a year.

They have only released two albums so I bet the 8 month tour is the second part of the first tour after a break, which would make it 23 months. Just like NITL has taken breaks but is still considered one tour.

The second tour of 16 months was cut short by GNR's schedule and Slash rejoining the band. I say this because I saw him in October 2015 in Denver and he said something about being back early next year (2016) with Kennedy and the Conspirators, but instead the GNR tour began

I would like to see the source of the information that SMKC first album tour was only 8 months long. It is hard to believe. I don't remember exactly but it seems that I saw him twice on that tour and the times were more than 8 months apart.

"We went out on the road and we wrote the album on the road."  Wait, what?  I thought you can't write an album when you're touring.   hihi

Also, it's interesting that his website notes that the NITL tour ends on 7/21/18.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:57:46 AM by Ginger King » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2018, 12:08:52 AM »

"We went out on the road and we wrote the album on the road."  Wait, what?  I thought you can't write an album when you're touring.   hihi

Also, it's interesting that his website notes that the NITL tour ends on 7/21/18.

Just to clarify, that's a fan site, but a well-trusted one.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »

Just to clarify, that's a fan site, but a well-trusted one.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out.  So I guess not officially announced (and probably never will be), but with Slash booking gigs and recording an album with Myles, it may as well be.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »

I Believe, After Of Guns N' Roses 2018:

AXL Work With AC/DC, New Album + Southamerican Tour 2019

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2018, 03:26:17 AM »

Yes, well, according to this website, there have been 3 Slash tours.

1. We're all gonna die, 10 April 2010-31 July 2011, or 15 months
2. Apocalyptic Love, 23 March 2012-25 July 2013, or 16 months
3. World on Fire, 9 July 2014-24 November 2015, or 16 months.

The data do not support the claim of an 8 month tour, just as I suspected.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »

Slash and Myles Kennedy playing Aftershock in October

With GNR In Novemebr

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »