Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227758 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash: New album and tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: New album and tour  (Read 30255 times)
Sillything
VIP

« on: March 22, 2018, 11:17:31 AM »

Slash is releasing a new album and touring this fall.

http://www.slashonline.com/slash-ft-myles-kennedy-the-conspirators-play-kaaboo-del-mar/

No new Guns record eh???

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:44:52 AM »

Depends on the situation they are in, we can only speculate.

We know Axl said he had shown stuff to Duff and Slash, that might indicate some reworking of already existing songs. If that's the case, I think Slash is capable of recording both GNR and SMKC songs.

If GNR plans on doing something totally from scratch, it definitely seems to be a more time-consuming project. Maybe something he wants to push back until he is totally free. Unfortunately (for us), that could mean there'll be some time until we see anything from GNR.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:45:27 PM »

For all of those holding out hope for new GnR music (myself included) I think it's time to make peace that it ain't happening.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »

I think seeing Slash and Angus write and record an album in a year might make him realize how much he's overthinking things. Might also inspire him.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 04:19:30 PM »

OOF.  Sad
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 04:43:52 PM »

Maybe we'll get an Axl guest spot.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 05:18:53 PM »

Not sure about the scope they're aiming for with this new album and potential tour. We know Alter Bridge has a plan for a new album in 2019, so maybe that's the year Slash and Axl will concentrate on GNR.

Sweetness is a virtue
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 09:37:43 PM »

Maybe we'll get an Axl guest spot.

And Slash on the Axl/DC album? Either one would be a dream come true for me.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 12:17:27 AM »

I think this is positive. It wouldn?t make sense for GN?R to release an album off the back of such a big tour it works the other way around.

If Axl is doing AC/DC I think we?ve got a couple of years to wait.

But I love AC/DC with Axl.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »

I think this is positive. It wouldn?t make sense for GN?R to release an album off the back of such a big tour it works the other way around.

I too loved AC/DC with Axl...was psyched that I got a chance to see them live.  I just don't see how Slash's new album, plus Axl's rumored involvement with Angus, in any way helps new GnR music.  All it does is create another reason why there won't be any.  Also, doesn't this sort of make the whole "GnR's not releasing an album because no one releases albums anymore" excuse total horseshit?  I never bought that excuse to begin with.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 02:55:36 PM »

I too loved AC/DC with Axl...was psyched that I got a chance to see them live.  I just don't see how Slash's new album, plus Axl's rumored involvement with Angus, in any way helps new GnR music.  All it does is create another reason why there won't be any.  Also, doesn't this sort of make the whole "GnR's not releasing an album because no one releases albums anymore" excuse total horseshit?  I never bought that excuse to begin with.

Wasn't that a Chris Pitman quote from some point?  I don't think that was ever Slash's attitude towards releasing albums.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »

Wasn't that a Chris Pitman quote from some point?  I don't think that was ever Slash's attitude towards releasing albums.

Pitman's words that's true.

I can see why one would be "frustrated" since there has been so long since their last release, though I choose to be optimistic at this point. I think Axl & co is interested in doing another tour close to the level of this one, and to do that I think they need something that puts them on the radar of even more people. That makes me think new music in some form will see the light of day.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 04:49:28 PM »

Pitman's words that's true.

I can see why one would be "frustrated" since there has been so long since their last release, though I choose to be optimistic at this point. I think Axl & co is interested in doing another tour close to the level of this one, and to do that I think they need something that puts them on the radar of even more people. That makes me think new music in some form will see the light of day.

Surely it will be years away now though, if it happens?

I don't know- I've actually never felt so sad about the future of the band as I have after finding out Slash is going back to SMKC. I'm struggling to be optimistic - and I've always been optimistic about the future of GNR.

It just feels like priorities lie elsewhere. The clock is ticking, for everyone.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »

I don't know- I've actually never felt so sad about the future of the band as I have after finding out Slash is going back to SMKC. I'm struggling to be optimistic - and I've always been optimistic about the future of GNR.

It just feels like priorities lie elsewhere. The clock is ticking, for everyone.

Slash is focusing on SMKC this fall, but I don't see a very long timeline for them this time around, maybe just downtime while Axl records with AC/DC.

Remember, Alter Bridge has planned a new album in 2019. They will probably embark on a bigger tour than what SMKC have planned this year.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »

Slash is focusing on SMKC this fall, but I don't see a very long timeline for them this time around, maybe just downtime while Axl records with AC/DC.

Remember, Alter Bridge has planned a new album in 2019. They will probably embark on a bigger tour than what SMKC have planned this year.

Possibly. This has been flagged up though - which seems to suggest 2018/19/20 will be taken up. I don't know- I just feel really deflated by it all, in terms of loss of momentum. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgoYoAzg2EV/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_profile_upsell_test

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »

Who's the poster?

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 06:26:21 PM »

Todd Kerns wife - the bassist in SMKC.

Could be reading too much into it - but it seems pretty specific to state those dates.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 08:43:24 PM »

I like the conspirators ....so sounds good to me...

I haven?t had any expectation for a GNR record in a really long time... so this changes nothing...

Hopefully Axl and slash tour together again in 2019... I?ll be happy with that..

The only thing that will annoy me is if AC/DC releases an album with Axl ...which sounds likely,  that would be a kick in the gut considering how long we waited for Chinese and now whatever comes next .. if anything .. and I?m sure I?ll like whatever they do ... but still..

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »

I choose to stay positive one last round here and agree that if we are ever going to see new GNR material, it will conincide with the next tour.  Considering they are wrapping up NITL this summer, one would not expect a new record until at least Nov 2019 with a tour 2020.  I would take AC/DC for now, while I'd expect them to be on break anyway. 

I will throw up my hands in defeat if they tour again, whenever that is, without a new record.  Then I think the only shot we got unfortunately would be posthumous. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 06:41:35 AM »

I choose to stay positive one last round here and agree that if we are ever going to see new GNR material, it will conincide with the next tour.  Considering they are wrapping up NITL this summer, one would not expect a new record until at least Nov 2019 with a tour 2020.  I would take AC/DC for now, while I'd expect them to be on break anyway. 

I will throw up my hands in defeat if they tour again, whenever that is, without a new record.  Then I think the only shot we got unfortunately would be posthumous. 

Unless it's written and recorded now that's juat not going to happen. Slash will be busyin 2019 for sure, and lribably 2020 too if that post is to be believed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: