Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Zakk Wylde mentions jamming with GN'R in 1995
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zakk Wylde mentions jamming with GN'R in 1995  (Read 1907 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: April 17, 2018, 06:30:25 PM »

---

Moving on, and something that is rarely talked about is your brief tenure with Guns ‘n’ Roses in 1995; how did that come about?
Axl was telling me that him and the other guys were talking about getting another guitar player. He said they were just talking about guys and this and that, and Axl just said; “Well what about Zakk?” I know all the guys, but I’d never met Axl before, but I knew Duff and I knew Slash, so it was just kind of just throwing it around as a joke, and then it was; “Why don’t we just ask Zakk what he’s doing and have him come down?” So, I just went down to jam with the guys. It’s not even like an audition at that point; Jimmy Page is not going to audition for The Rolling Stones, it’s just like; “Jimmy, do you want to come down and jam with us?” It’s just like; “Yeah, okay, no problem”. So, it was more that; just a bunch of clowns getting together and jamming.

How far did things go with those Guns ‘n’ Roses sessions?
We jammed a bunch of things, but nothing was happening at the time with the fellas. It was Slash, Axl, Duff, Matt, Dizzy was down there; so all the guys, and then I just came in, and it was jamming. We did demos and stuff over at Duff’s house in the studio. We just had a bunch of riffs and stuff like that, but nothing was going on; it was in limbo, it was just laying there, and I was like; “I’ve got such an outstanding booze bill, I’ve got to pay this debt off”, so I said; “Fellas, I’ve got to get back to work, and just let me know what’s going on”.

At this stage Ozzy was getting ready to work with another guitar player.
I remember Ozzy was just like; “Zakk, are you going to be jamming with the fellas, or are we going to do this?”, and I said; “Oz, I have no idea. I’ve got to ask the guys, and I’ll see if I can get you an answer”. Then it kept going, and then it prolonged, and Ozzy was like; “Zakk, I’m just going to get somebody else, dude. I can’t be sitting around, because I’m getting ready to tour”, and I was like; “I completely understand”. That’s when Father Joe [Holmes] came in and was playing with the boss. And then I’d got all these riffs laying around, and I thought; “To hell with it, I’ll just do it myself”, and that’s when Black Label was born, and here we are twenty years later.

---

https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/zakk-wylde-interview-april-2018.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »

"I wouldn?t have agreed for Zakk to come down if any of Slash?s or the media?s nonsense were real. And that
could?ve worked on some level but like Guns it would?ve been up to those two and their relationship. They talk
nice but it wasn?t pretty? but it was pretty awesome!!" Axl on message board

I always wondered what Axl wanted to say about Zakk & Slash, but Zakk didn't mention any problems...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: