Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:13:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash interview comments on new material
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash interview comments on new material  (Read 15901 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2019, 02:28:04 PM »

This makes me happy. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2019, 03:17:45 PM »

https://wrif.com/episodes/talkin-rock-with-slash/

May 28, 2019
Talkin' Rock with Slash

"And then coming September October we turn on the Guns thing, and then that goes from there. After those Guns dates, the festival dates, we'll be working on the record, and doing [call drops]"

Call gets reconnected:

"When we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence working on what will end up being the next Guns record."

The interviewer points out last time they spoke, Slash was kinda saying "never say never" regarding new GN'R material...

"Yeah, the thing is...We hadn’t really done anything yet. And I don’t like to say anything like "Oh yeah!". You know how people promote shit and lie through their teeth? So I just wanted to be honest about it, so there really was no telling what we were gonna do at that point. But at this point, I do know we are going to do this one, and we’ve already started working on stuff. So, there you go."

The interviewer asks about rumors that he was at Axl's house recently.

"Oh yeah. It’s funny, because there was a rumor I was over there, yeah. It was before I had even been there. So I was like Jesus Christ, that’s a pain in the ass and annoying. But I am excited about what we’ve got going on, and everything, so, it’s gonna be cool. It’s awesome."

/jarmo

He doesn't actually deny that he was at Axl's place to record. Just that the rumor came out before he had been there.  hihi

Ali
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2019, 06:14:13 PM »

Bring it on!!   Cool
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »

Well, this is something. Slash in the boss house.

axlvai
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2019, 01:22:43 AM »

May 28, 2019
Talkin' Rock with Slash

"And then coming September October we turn on the Guns thing, and then that goes from there. After those Guns dates, the festival dates, we'll be working on the record, and doing [call drops]"

Call gets reconnected:

"When we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence working on what will end up being the next Guns record."

The interviewer points out last time they spoke, Slash was kinda saying "never say never" regarding new GN'R material...

"Yeah, the thing is...We hadn’t really done anything yet. And I don’t like to say anything like "Oh yeah!". You know how people promote shit and lie through their teeth? So I just wanted to be honest about it, so there really was no telling what we were gonna do at that point. But at this point, I do know we are going to do this one, and we’ve already started working on stuff. So, there you go."

"Oh yeah. It’s funny, because there was a rumor I was over there, yeah. It was before I had even been there. So I was like Jesus Christ, that’s a pain in the ass and annoying. But I am excited about what we’ve got going on, and everything, so, it’s gonna be cool. It’s awesome."

/jarmo

He doesn't actually deny that he was at Axl's place to record. Just that the rumor came out before he had been there.  hihi

Ali

That and saying "we've already started working on stuff" totally confirms it.  beer

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 04:33:27 PM »

May 28, 2019
Talkin' Rock with Slash

Call gets reconnected:

/jarmo

Ali

That and saying "we've already started working on stuff" totally confirms it.  beer

Yuuup.  Seems they've already begun the recording process, but the bulk will be done this fall after the festivals. That's amazing news.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 05:37:17 AM »

Rock Cellar: You recently made news. You said in an interview a month or so ago, there’s probably enough songs for a new Guns N’ Roses album, is that true?

Slash: No, you know, by the time it gets to the place where anybody’s read it, it’s morphed into something more than what I directly said. There is material that Axl’s been working on for a while. It could be enough for a record if we put it all together

The whole thing of Guns N’ Roses getting in the studio and getting this record done — with myself and with Duff (McKagan) and all that — it’s really just getting started. So it’s really hard to say.

Everybody’s got demos, and everybody’s got material, and this that and the other, for whatever it could be. It’s just a matter of us focusing on it.

So it’s really hard to answer questions on the next Guns thing.

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/slash-interview-guns-n-roses-future-guitars/

As for new GNR music, for which there is always an appetite, McKagan says it’s in the pipeline. “There’s a lot of songs bouncing around, I’ll tell you that. These 11 songs that are on this record were in a group of, I’m not even s—ing you, like 70 that I wrote. Axl has some really kick ass s–t that he had coming into it. We’ve never been at a loss for material. So the next step on that, as far as just everything Guns N’ Roses goes, I’ll just say we’re in a really f—ing positive place. It’ll come when it comes.”

https://ew.com/music/2019/06/13/duff-mckagan-shooter-jennings-interview-tenderness/

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:48:44 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 10:53:11 PM »

Rock Cellar: You recently made news. You said in an interview a month or so ago, there’s probably enough songs for a new Guns N’ Roses album, is that true?

Slash: No, you know, by the time it gets to the place where anybody’s read it, it’s morphed into something more than what I directly said. There is material that Axl’s been working on for a while. It could be enough for a record if we put it all together

The whole thing of Guns N’ Roses getting in the studio and getting this record done — with myself and with Duff (McKagan) and all that — it’s really just getting started. So it’s really hard to say.

Everybody’s got demos, and everybody’s got material, and this that and the other, for whatever it could be. It’s just a matter of us focusing on it.

So it’s really hard to answer questions on the next Guns thing.

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/slash-interview-guns-n-roses-future-guitars/

As for new GNR music, for which there is always an appetite, McKagan says it’s in the pipeline. “There’s a lot of songs bouncing around, I’ll tell you that. These 11 songs that are on this record were in a group of, I’m not even s—ing you, like 70 that I wrote. Axl has some really kick ass s–t that he had coming into it. We’ve never been at a loss for material. So the next step on that, as far as just everything Guns N’ Roses goes, I’ll just say we’re in a really f—ing positive place. It’ll come when it comes.”

https://ew.com/music/2019/06/13/duff-mckagan-shooter-jennings-interview-tenderness/

/jarmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2019, 11:15:00 PM »

hihi

So.... they just recorded SOYL?

axlvai
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: