Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:11:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 140810 times)
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #400 on: May 21, 2018, 01:03:22 PM »

A youtube link would be great.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #401 on: May 21, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »

A youtube link would be great.

its a apple exclusive video
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #402 on: May 21, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »

I know but can be ripper.  Wink
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #403 on: May 21, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »

I know but can be ripper.  Wink

copyright.already few taken down . one only lasted minutes lol
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #404 on: May 21, 2018, 07:45:09 PM »

Saw the preview of It's So Easy video on Apple. You can buy for $1.99. Not very good looking though. Concert footage with a shaky camera. I don't care much for it.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2018, 08:03:06 PM »

There you go. An old copy but basically this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXoewFenQ00

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »

Great video ! what a time to be alive.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #407 on: May 22, 2018, 12:26:19 AM »

not really, this "new" version is quite a lot different from the old bootleg version

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #408 on: May 22, 2018, 12:28:34 AM »

Yeah, we've all heard of Godwin's Law (which is just a meme, not the intellectual rule some think it is). Dismissing any reference to Hitler is just ignorant. Imagine a Fascist actually trying to recreate Hitler's reign and everyone is too afraid to call it what it is because of that stupid idea. Citing Godwin is just a way of dismissing any accusations of authoritarianism, racism, etc. It's no different than crying "PC police!" to try and turn it around on the person calling you out because you have no actual defense. They're both the Fallacy Fallacy; attacking the way something is argued instead of the point being made. Which is adjacent to tone policing as well.

Pretty sexist to read anything into the fact the person who wrote that article is a woman to be honest. It's not something I'd even considered let alone focused on. Why does it make any difference?
Don't you think it's a little patronising and judgmental to say women 'generally have atronger reactions' to lyrics? Like they are more easily offended? I find tjat pretty sexist to be honest.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, huh? Or are you just trying soo hard to paint me as a hypocrite that you're not concerned with any kind of logic? I even quoted the guy and you still manage to miss it; he was the one who pointed out the journalist was a woman: "a faaaar left female journalist". You're literally asking me what I asked him; "why does it matter?" IDK how you could even manage to get it that wrong...

No, it's not sexist because women are statistically FAR more likely to be raped. You are trying way too hard, bud.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:35:11 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #409 on: May 22, 2018, 06:43:46 AM »

Yeah, we've all heard of Godwin's Law (which is just a meme, not the intellectual rule some think it is). Dismissing any reference to Hitler is just ignorant. Imagine a Fascist actually trying to recreate Hitler's reign and everyone is too afraid to call it what it is because of that stupid idea. Citing Godwin is just a way of dismissing any accusations of authoritarianism, racism, etc. It's no different than crying "PC police!" to try and turn it around on the person calling you out because you have no actual defense. They're both the Fallacy Fallacy; attacking the way something is argued instead of the point being made. Which is adjacent to tone policing as well.

Pretty sexist to read anything into the fact the person who wrote that article is a woman to be honest. It's not something I'd even considered let alone focused on. Why does it make any difference?
Don't you think it's a little patronising and judgmental to say women 'generally have atronger reactions' to lyrics? Like they are more easily offended? I find tjat pretty sexist to be honest.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, huh? Or are you just trying soo hard to paint me as a hypocrite that you're not concerned with any kind of logic? I even quoted the guy and you still manage to miss it; he was the one who pointed out the journalist was a woman: "a faaaar left female journalist". You're literally asking me what I asked him; "why does it matter?" IDK how you could even manage to get it that wrong...

No, it's not sexist because women are statistically FAR more likely to be raped. You are trying way too hard, bud.

Let's look again at what you put. after quoting me....

"The disagreement wasn't the issue, it was that you dismissed her opinion as "crazy uptight". Maybe you should think about why women generally have stronger reactions to objectifying lyrics, instead of dismissing them as uptight or emotional."

Please point out where I said anything about the writer being a woman. reading comprehension really isn't a problem - you attributing comments and quoting comments to different people clearly is.

Secondly, as you've dragged me into a conversation about whether women should or shouldn't be offended by things..... you're saying it's OK for women to be more offended by lyrics because they're more likely to be raped?! Are you off your rocker? You do realise how offense you're being right? And how judgmental towards women that is?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #410 on: May 22, 2018, 07:22:26 AM »

Well it's more than a meme, it says that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1".
There's no dismissing here, in fact I'm not gonna get caught in this war of words, it was just to make a point... Godwin was right.  hihi That's all I wanted to say.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2018, 08:37:09 AM »

new video is very different
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2018, 12:03:28 PM »

You know how I view GNR lyrics, as an innocent description of crazy times in the 80's. Not Axl's or anyone's point of view.

You cannot deny the 80's was a crazy time to be alive. With the brewing of chaos that caused the LA Riots.

And in Axl we have a very humane witness, he honestly wants to get out from the chaos, but at the same time he feels tempted by it, and I think that is why we all felt related by it, because we all have temptations.

Point your finger when you are free from sin !

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:05:38 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #413 on: May 22, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »

Kinda doubt they?d promote the deluxe re release of AFD with the version that was used as trial evidence against Axl.

I've seen enough.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #414 on: May 22, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »

Yes indeed. The S&M scenes, were edited out Smiley. Which doesn't make it a new version, makes it a censored version, that kids can safely get from Apple.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/05/21/thirty-years-after-it-was-made-guns-n-roses-have-finally-released-the-its-so-easy-video-sort-of/
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2018, 10:42:26 PM »

Let's look again at what you put. after quoting me....

"The disagreement wasn't the issue, it was that you dismissed her opinion as "crazy uptight". Maybe you should think about why women generally have stronger reactions to objectifying lyrics, instead of dismissing them as uptight or emotional."

Please point out where I said anything about the writer being a woman. reading comprehension really isn't a problem - you attributing comments and quoting comments to different people clearly is.

Secondly, as you've dragged me into a conversation about whether women should or shouldn't be offended by things..... you're saying it's OK for women to be more offended by lyrics because they're more likely to be raped?! Are you off your rocker? You do realise how offense you're being right? And how judgmental towards women that is?

Apparently reading comprehension is a very big problem because you still aren't getting it even after I explained it for you. Go back to my post, I wasn't quoting you, I was quoting Bridge. If you can't figure out that I was quoting multiple people when it clearly says each poster's name over the quote, that's your issue. Christ...

You're not even making a coherent point with that second half... apparently you don't even know what the words "judgmental" and "offensive" mean. It's offensive to say that women are allowed to feel how they want and be offended about things that affect them? No, it would be offensive to say they don't have a right to feel how they want and be offended, or to dismiss their offense as being "overly emotional" (a classic misogynist trope, BTW) instead of trying to understand where they're coming from. You are bending over backwards to try and twist my words into something hypocritical, and you can't even see how obvious it is? You should have just cut your losses before you went and made a fool of yourself.

Well it's more than a meme, it says that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1".
There's no dismissing here, in fact I'm not gonna get caught in this war of words, it was just to make a point... Godwin was right.  hihi That's all I wanted to say.

It's really not more than a meme. From the wikipedia page for Godwin's law: "Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool"

People seem to think Godwin was a philosopher. No, he was just some random guy on a Usenet group in the '90s who coined it. And the very purpose of that memetic tool is to dismiss the argument of anyone who mentions Hitler. In fact, Godwin himself said "The best way to prevent future holocausts, I believe, is not to forbear from Holocaust comparisons". So even Godwin admits that the "law" is flawed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:52:24 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #416 on: May 23, 2018, 01:24:17 AM »

It's really not more than a meme. From the wikipedia page for Godwin's law: "Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool"

People seem to think Godwin was a philosopher. No, he was just some random guy on a Usenet group in the '90s who coined it. And the very purpose of that memetic tool is to dismiss the argument of anyone who mentions Hitler. In fact, Godwin himself said "The best way to prevent future holocausts, I believe, is not to forbear from Holocaust comparisons". So even Godwin admits that the "law" is flawed.

Nope, not gonna let you drag me into this.
Have fun trolling someone else.  ok
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #417 on: May 23, 2018, 05:14:49 AM »

Nope, not gonna let you drag me into this.
Have fun trolling someone else.  ok

Yeah I think that's the approach I'm taking. The guy is nuts, insanely aggressive, and can't even see that he's been wrongly attributing quotes to me. Life's too short.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #418 on: May 23, 2018, 12:43:26 PM »

Anyone can send me a PM link to the video if you have it?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #419 on: May 23, 2018, 02:50:13 PM »

Yes indeed. The S&M scenes, were edited out Smiley. Which doesn't make it a new version, makes it a censored version, that kids can safely get from Apple.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/05/21/thirty-years-after-it-was-made-guns-n-roses-have-finally-released-the-its-so-easy-video-sort-of/

but the kids can see Erins great ass
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: