Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141014 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #440 on: June 28, 2018, 08:13:37 AM »

For those in the UK (and possibly abroad) HMV are selling this significantly cheaper than Amazon.......

Still out of my price range at present, but might be useful information for someone.

In the US, Amazon is selling it for $145.34 (the super deluxe version).  I got a small discount via Prime (not sure if they are doing it still) and bought it at 138.74.

HMV's site is listing it at 139.99 pounds or $183.17.

In the US, at least, Amazon US is still the way to go!

If you're looking at Amazon UK, though.....HMV looks like it will save you about 30 pounds!

Seems quite a bit cheaper in the US in general then- that's annoying!

HMV certainly looks the way to go in the UK......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #441 on: June 28, 2018, 09:23:13 AM »

So... What time, what time zones we might be looking at peace

Will there be some sort of an official notification it's out NOW.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #442 on: June 28, 2018, 09:36:12 AM »

Earlier on in this thread there was a discussion about One In A Million being excluded, which makes sense after Axl said somewhere in the late 90's/early2000's it would be excluded from future re-pressings. Seeing its lyrics are definitely not "2018 proof" they could not even do it even if they wanted to.

However, I just checked GnR's Spotify 'Artist's Pick' which contains the most streamed GnR songs. And One In A Million is in the list, doing pretty well it seems. I was surprised it's being streamed just as much as all of their most popular songs....

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Littlegunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #443 on: June 28, 2018, 09:39:03 AM »

The quality on the remastered Appetite is amazing.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #444 on: June 28, 2018, 09:45:57 AM »

Earlier on in this thread there was a discussion about One In A Million being excluded, which makes sense after Axl said somewhere in the late 90's/early2000's it would be excluded from future re-pressings. Seeing its lyrics are definitely not "2018 proof" they could not even do it even if they wanted to.

However, I just checked GnR's Spotify 'Artist's Pick' which contains the most streamed GnR songs. And One In A Million is in the list, doing pretty well it seems. I was surprised it's being streamed just as much as all of their most popular songs....

I expect that's a result of people hearing about it and doing the "I wonder what it sounds like" listen. Although I'm also sure that Spotify 'popularity' is entirely rigged, so I wouldn't base too much on it really.

I'm surprised their music is even on Spotify actually. I think the Axl of the past would have been really against it....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #445 on: June 28, 2018, 10:42:38 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Axl's decision about Spotify. Couldn't there be some signed contract somewhere, which he could even regret now.

The song. Surely, it gains popularity more because people are talking about it. For many it must sound like a familiar name but they don't know what is it about. Then it needs to be checked.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #446 on: June 28, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »

Of all the cool extras and extra tracks and bonus stuff.....I'm MOST interested in the remaster of the ACTUAL album.  I've never been happy with the CD version that the US got....the German vinyl and the Japanese remaster CD are BOTH better (IMHO) representations of the music than the (relatively) crappy US "stock" CD version.

I'm hoping the remaster does NOT end up being an entrant into the "loudness wars", and that it cleans up some of the rhythm guitar and "tinniness" that crept into the original CD version.  I wouldn't mind them tweaking the bass a little bit, too.

I WANT TO HEAR THIS SO BAD!!  My copy will hit my doorstep some time tomorrow.  I'm excited like it's Christmas Eve!!!

Anyone know if this will go up on Spotify at some some point? Maybe sooner rather than later?  I also have the digital version preordered from amazon, so I might get a crack at a bunch of the tracks VERY early tomorrow morning.  Not sure when they'll "go live".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #447 on: June 28, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »

New track!!! Piano version of November Rain.  This, I think, is a SUPER cleaned up (but still a little muddy/tinny) version that we had previously on the rarities/acoustics bootleg (with Dead Flowers). Yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOflIhelV8g

And OMG, this thing is just gorgeous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THL-6zLzFAc
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 11:44:51 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #448 on: June 28, 2018, 12:56:27 PM »

Of all the cool extras and extra tracks and bonus stuff.....I'm MOST interested in the remaster of the ACTUAL album.  I've never been happy with the CD version that the US got....the German vinyl and the Japanese remaster CD are BOTH better (IMHO) representations of the music than the (relatively) crappy US "stock" CD version.

I'm hoping the remaster does NOT end up being an entrant into the "loudness wars", and that it cleans up some of the rhythm guitar and "tinniness" that crept into the original CD version.  I wouldn't mind them tweaking the bass a little bit, too.

I WANT TO HEAR THIS SO BAD!!  My copy will hit my doorstep some time tomorrow.  I'm excited like it's Christmas Eve!!!

Anyone know if this will go up on Spotify at some some point? Maybe sooner rather than later?  I also have the digital version preordered from amazon, so I might get a crack at a bunch of the tracks VERY early tomorrow morning.  Not sure when they'll "go live".

Never knew there that there were any difference, very interesting
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »

Never knew there that there were any difference, very interesting

The differences are subtle, but there, for sure.

And I want to be clear: I'm not shitting on Diament's master.  He did a great job given the technology in his hands in 1986.  But AFD was RIGHT on the cusp of the big mass shift to CDs (Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" was the first album to sell more copies on CD than other media...and that was 1985).  Mastering directly from analog tapes to digital still had some issues (if you listen closely, you can hear some hiss, crackle and the odd pop on AFD).

The Japanese "32X" version maintains Diament's master, but does some clean up and upsampling to better differentiate the various instruments.  There's more detail (IMHO), esp with Duff's bass.

The German pressing/cut just has better grooves in the vinyl.  It's that simple.  AFD, on vinyl, was "oversized" in terms of content for the medium, and most of the US pressings suffer a bit from the grooves being cut a little too shallow, and a little too close together.  The German pressing just does a better job, IMHO.

I'm REALLY interested to see what they've done in a more official capacity.  Given today's tech.....I expect good things.

I'm also interested to hear the 5.1 blu ray mix.....I'm not sure I'll love that, but just for curiosity's sake, it's something I'm really interested in hearing (and the remastered videos!).

Together again,
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »

I expect the whole release on Spotify and I am superpsyched waiting for it!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2018, 05:58:42 PM »

Is anyone going to the London pop up shop over the weekend?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2018, 06:37:53 PM »

Super Deluxe available on Spotify now!

(for the countries that's past midnight to the 29th at least)

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2018, 07:14:35 PM »

So fucking awesome! Love Love Love! Heavens Door  from the Marquee and November Rain piano. The best versions of those songs ever!!! And now I want Illussions deluxe so We will  hear Just Another Sunday and Crash Diet  hihi

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2018, 07:21:08 PM »

So fucking awesome! Love Love Love! Heavens Door  from the Marquee and November Rain piano. The best versions of those songs ever!!! And now I want Illussions deluxe so We will  hear Just Another Sunday and Crash Diet  hihi

Also sooo happy with the quality of the Sound City Session, great stuff!

Sweetness is a virtue
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »

For those that bought the big box, don't forget to look for the hidden cassette!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2018, 08:00:35 PM »

For those that bought the big box, don't forget to look for the hidden cassette!

Go on.....more details?!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #457 on: June 28, 2018, 08:11:46 PM »

So jealous! Still not up in US! 4 hours or so, i guess!

Together again,
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #458 on: June 28, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »

The next album included as a hidden cassette?? That would've been a bold move!

I'm guessing an AFD cassette is included in the set, or other demos?

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #459 on: June 28, 2018, 08:20:09 PM »

So jealous! Still not up in US! 4 hours or so, i guess!

Something to look forward to! Haven't listened thru AFD yet, but the Sound City session and the new additions on the LLAS/Lies disc was all over great. You're Crazy is such a groovy song, love the acoustic version included here.

There are lyrics to The Plague, although a very short clip. New Work song is an instrumental.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: