Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141038 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #460 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:24 PM »

For those that bought the big box, don't forget to look for the hidden cassette!

Go on.....more details?!

1st GNR demo tape!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #461 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:54 PM »

For those that bought the big box, don't forget to look for the hidden cassette!

The next album included as a hidden cassette?? That would've been a bold move!

lol, that would have been rad!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #462 on: June 28, 2018, 11:33:12 PM »

Got my super deluxe today. The hardcover book is worth it alone. Wow!!
Love it

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2018, 05:21:34 AM »

Guys, the You’re Crazy Acoustic Sound Sessions doesn’t ring a bell here. It might’ve been on an old bootleg, but I can’t remember hearing this before (by heart)!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2018, 06:41:51 AM »

Guys, the You’re Crazy Acoustic Sound Sessions doesn’t ring a bell here. It might’ve been on an old bootleg, but I can’t remember hearing this before (by heart)!

Never heard of it before either.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »

About halfway through the remaster tracks on Spotify (which, admittedly, aren't going to be the truest representation due to compression) and I already can hear differences.

Much more detail and differentiation. The lower frequencies (bass, percussion) are really cleaned up and have more detail (you can hear Steven's "brush strokes" in some cases and the cymbal work is much more detailed).  There is much less tinnyness and I don't think they've entered the loudness wars.  They've cleaned the audio up a lot, and Axls vocals have been helped by that too...a lot of his "low growl" vocals that sometimes sounded garbled or mumbled are much clearer.

A great example, IMHO, is the 3 minute mark of Out to Get Me til about the 3:40 mark.  You get a LOT more detail on the guitars.

Ditto on the intro to Paradise City.  The melodic bits at the beginning are much clearer.  Axls "growly" vocals in PC are also much easier to understand because of the detail level.

The end to outro on PC, too.  With so much going on, with the previous master, some of it could get lost in the pure wall of sound.  This remaster really helps each instrument shine.

They didn't substantially fuck with the previous master, which is good. They didn't substantially, I don't think, mess with the track LEVELS (so they didn't pull guitars forward or vocals forward where they were previously not). These don't sound like different tracks or substantially different than what we've all grown to love.  They just feel like they've (very lovingly) obliterated the tech hurdles they had in 1986 getting the audio from analog tapes.  It still sounds warm, too, which is a feat a LOT of other remasters have not managed to do.

So far, through PC, I'm impressed with what they've done, even considering it's Spotify and compressed.  I can't wait to pop in my CD later today!

I would KILL (OK, maybe not kill) for the 192khz versions that come on that USB drive with the Locked and Loaded set!!

Edit: OK, finished the remaster. All I can say is...Holy shit, they did a good job.  Anything Goes, Think about you, SCOM...all with SO MUCH MORE DETAIL in the musicianship.  The last minute of SCOM, for instance, is like nirvana for me. Just so good.

My Michelle really benefits from the cleaning up of the low frequencies, especially the intro.  It still sounds dark and gothic and dirty, though.  Perfect balance.

Rocket queen....especially the sequences you think of Wink  Wink   Wink  .....sound even better than they did before. 

I'm just really impressed and it makes me want my physical version to hurry up and get delivered!!!

On to the bonus tracks!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:38:38 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2018, 08:37:23 AM »

jarmo or Fernando or anyone,

Do we know who did this remaster, specifically? Who worked on these tracks for this?

IMHO, they did a stellar fucking job.  I've just finished it, again, just on Spotify, and it's really well done.  They deserve a shout out.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:01:21 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »

They didn't substantially fuck with the previous master, which is good. They didn't substantially, I don't think, mess with the track LEVELS (so they didn't pull guitars forward or vocals forward where they were previously not). These don't sound like different tracks or substantially different than what we've all grown to love.  They just feel like they've (very lovingly) obliterated the tech hurdles they had in 1986 getting the audio from analog tapes.  It still sounds warm, too, which is a feat a LOT of other remasters have not managed to do.

It really sounds like a great enhancement. Contrary to other remastered records it actually still sounds a lot like the original, just a lot better in terms of volume, clarity and overall balance. Some remasters make it completely different and usually not for the best, but this one's done really well.

The only "complaint" I have -which is not about the re-mastering of AFD- is that the volume of the extra's differ quite a lot. On the last disc the November Rain -acoustic- is a lot lower in volume tan the song after it. That's a little annoying as in that I have to turn the volume up for NR and then down for JJF....Oh well

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »

About halfway through the remaster tracks on Spotify (which, admittedly, aren't going to be the truest representation due to compression) and I already can hear differences.

Much more detail and differentiation. The lower frequencies (bass, percussion) are really cleaned up and have more detail (you can hear Steven's "brush strokes" in some cases and the cymbal work is much more detailed).  There is much less tinnyness and I don't think they've entered the loudness wars.  They've cleaned the audio up a lot, and Axls vocals have been helped by that too...a lot of his "low growl" vocals that sometimes sounded garbled or mumbled are much clearer.

A great example, IMHO, is the 3 minute mark of Out to Get Me til about the 3:40 mark.  You get a LOT more detail on the guitars.

Ditto on the intro to Paradise City.  The melodic bits at the beginning are much clearer.  Axls "growly" vocals in PC are also much easier to understand because of the detail level.

The end to outro on PC, too.  With so much going on, with the previous master, some of it could get lost in the pure wall of sound.  This remaster really helps each instrument shine.

So far, through PC, I'm impressed with what they've done, even considering it's Spotify and compressed.  I can't wait to pop in my CD later today!

I would KILL (OK, maybe not kill) for the 192 bit versions that come on that USB drive with the Locked and Loaded set!!

Edit: OK, finished the remaster. All I can say is...Holy shit, they did a good job.  Anything Goes, Think about you, SCOM...all with SO MUCH MORE DETAIL in the musicianship.  The last minute of SCOM, for instance, is like nirvana for me. Just so good.

My Michelle really benefits from the cleaning up of the low frequencies, especially the intro.  It still sounds dark and gothic and dirty, though.  Perfect balance.

Rocket queen....especially the sequences you think of Wink  Wink   Wink  .....sound even better than they did before. 

I'm just really impressed and it makes me want my physical version to hurry up and get delivered!!!

On to the bonus tracks!!!

Ref the 24/192 version (and 24/96, they can be bought on hdtracks.com (i did, no time yet to download) and there is also a coupon for 20% discount. Should be killer version soundwise.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2018, 09:54:34 AM »

Ref the 24/192 version (and 24/96, they can be bought on hdtracks.com (i did, no time yet to download) and there is also a coupon for 20% discount. Should be killer version soundwise.

Grabbed, and downloading now.

I hate dl managers, but.....this one seems relatively innocuous for it's short stay on my PC.

Edit: They sound FANTASTIC using VLC through my tuner (I have a PC hooked up to our TV/home theater). Un-freaking-real!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:45:59 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #470 on: June 29, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »

You smile at many things online but not so often start outright laughing. Luckily I'm working from home today Cheesy smoking

Why no one ever does something unexpected even if it means a little less revenue. Just think about how mad the whole internet and the world would've gone. Isn't that kind of exposure something to consider as well.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #471 on: June 29, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »

You smile at many things online but not so often start outright laughing. Luckily I'm working from home today Cheesy smoking

Why no one ever does something unexpected even if it means a little less revenue. Just think about how mad the whole internet and the world would've gone. Isn't that kind of exposure something to consider as well.

It sounds cool.  And I agree: I'd love the music industry to do more spontaneous and fun things. But the dinosaur label system is the most conservative of the conservative...with every action usually plotted out like it was military strategy. Its one of the things that makes the system so unwieldy (and unneccessary) in today's world.

On top of that, I promise you, with no doubts in my mind, you would have had a HUGE outcry that the only way to get it was buying $1000 version of a collectors set.

Now, if they did some sort of a "preview edition"...and then announced a full release date sometime a few weeks from now (say, IDK, on the 21st of july)....probably less so. Wink

Together again,
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #472 on: June 29, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »

Nice improved kicks on Roquet Queen  beer
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #473 on: June 29, 2018, 01:07:47 PM »

Mine just arrived!

Tackling the Blu Ray first (the discs are out of order from the unboxing...the Blu Ray is in the first, solo, slot...the other 4 discs are on the last 2 pages) since I got to hear the remaster earlier. 

The 5.1 mix of Jungle is pretty freaking cool!

Together again,
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #474 on: June 29, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »

Welp, I’ve made the budget minded choice to buy the $11 single disc version, which is the version I’ve been waiting for since whenever. Since I bought from Amazon I get the free auto rip immediately. First thing I noticed while fixing the metadata for my own collection is that whoever was responsible for putting metadata in for the digital version has Saul Hudson or Duff McKagan as the composer for all 12 tracks. Not sure if someone was trolling Axl (and Izzy and Steven), or if there’s another explanation, but it’s weird not seeing ‘Axl’ or ‘Rose’ as composer of any of these songs. Otherwise, sounds pretty good even on mp3. It’s not super different, just a slight bit clearer between the different instruments and vocals. I’ve always loved the original production, mixing, and mastering—in fact it was really fun to read Slash’s thoughts about that mysterious ‘sound’ in his book, something he figures they could never reproduce. And thank god, they didn’t mess that up here. Someday I may bother to get the other discs, but I already have what I want so I’m in no hurry. Thanks to the boys for making it happen!

I've seen enough.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #475 on: June 29, 2018, 04:18:35 PM »

I Buy 1 Cassette With This Version Piano/Demo/Axl Of NOVEMBER RAIN In Chile In 1992 In One FAIR !!!

hihi hihi hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #476 on: June 29, 2018, 04:27:50 PM »

The alternate mix of Brownstone that was the b-side of It's so easy single is not included.
The Marquee tracks are really great, would be fun to hear that whole show. Is Out Ta Get Me on Live Era from that date?

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #477 on: June 29, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »

It is strange that the whole Marquee show isn't there, I agree. Would have been a great thing to include.

As far as I know Out Ta Get Me on Live Era is from the same gig yeah.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #478 on: June 29, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »

The 5.1 Blu Ray is amazing!  I really love hearing all the instruments and backing vocals clearly.  I am hearing things I don't think I've ever noticed in all the years listening to these songs!  My only gripe about the Super Deluxe is the lack of color on the slip case.  The design doesn't really stand out.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2018, 05:36:47 PM »

The 5.1 Blu Ray is amazing!  I really love hearing all the instruments and backing vocals clearly.  I am hearing things I don't think I've ever noticed in all the years listening to these songs!  My only gripe about the Super Deluxe is the lack of color on the slip case.  The design doesn't really stand out.

Agree! The 5.1 mix is awesome. Still prefer the remastered stereo, but its really cool to hear the 5.1. Def stuff you dont hear until its discrete.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: