Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:58:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 140926 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #480 on: June 29, 2018, 06:26:10 PM »

Regarding the hidden bonus cassette in the Locked 'N Loaded box:

"Tape does play the tracks and we pulled from the original analog tape and transferred at 192k 24-bit.

We will not be making these songs avail other than the cassette at the moment."

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #481 on: June 29, 2018, 06:30:12 PM »

"Tape does play the tracks and we pulled from the original analog tape and transferred at 192k 24-bit.

I'm not sure I understand what does this mean. What songs and in English, please, what is on the tape Smiley
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »

I'm not sure I understand what does this mean. What songs and in English, please, what is on the tape Smiley

WTTJ
Anything Goes
Don’t Cry
Back Off Bitch
Think About You

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2018, 09:29:49 PM »

Forgive the non tech savy one here but can someone explain the 5.1 blu ray I am familiar with it when it comes to dvds but what is the benefit of it in this case?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2018, 10:14:22 PM »

Forgive the non tech savy one here but can someone explain the 5.1 blu ray I am familiar with it when it comes to dvds but what is the benefit of it in this case?

Higher bitrate (resolution) 6 channel sound. On blu ray there is enough space for lossless audio, compared to more compressed sound on dvds.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2018, 10:21:16 PM »

Too bad they didn’t make it available on the USB at least, for the ones who bought the big box.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2018, 11:10:53 PM »

Too bad they didn’t make it available on the USB at least, for the ones who bought the big box.

The point here is to do the old times. The exact reason why I love this band is when a friend introduced a bootleg on a cassette about 30 years ago. I still remember that like Yesterdays.

Surely, new music would be nice but doing this on a USB, nah. Just no. There's enough of all that other stuff to enjoy.
SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #487 on: June 29, 2018, 11:35:32 PM »

someone send me their cassette, i have a cassette to digital converter! (Also just really wanna hear this haha)  beer

"Be Bitter, Stay Angry, and Blame Everyone" - W. Axl Rose 2/20/12

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #488 on: June 30, 2018, 07:34:13 AM »

The point here is to do the old times. The exact reason why I love this band is when a friend introduced a bootleg on a cassette about 30 years ago. I still remember that like Yesterdays.

Surely, new music would be nice but doing this on a USB, nah. Just no. There's enough of all that other stuff to enjoy.

The cassette was a cool thing. I’m not saying «ditch it», but for the ones without a cassette player, having the songs included on the usb (in addition to the cassette, not «instead of») would’ve helped.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #489 on: June 30, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »

The cassette was a cool thing. I’m not saying «ditch it», but for the ones without a cassette player, having the songs included on the usb (in addition to the cassette, not «instead of») would’ve helped.

Like 99.99999999% of the customers are those without a cassette player and they of course knew it Grin

I don't know if you drive a very old car do you have one then. And then of course there are some shops that sell whatever old stuff or ask your grandmother beer

Or go to Africa, surely they have many there ok

The point again here is that no one can really play it, they know it and they are laughing about it knowing people are frantically searching for a way. This is just so cool.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #490 on: July 01, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »

I just got it !!! Really happy with it ... great collectors item

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #491 on: July 01, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »

IMO, it sounds a bit less dynamic than the original digital/CD. Maybe less reverb in the bass drum and snare drum? Not sure, only gave it a lsiten on Spotify yesterday.

Granted, I listened in Spotify's highest quality possible (which is 320kbps Ogg Vorbis high-quality streaming), but I used a bluetooth headset (Sony MDR-XB950N1 - I love the bass on this one).

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #492 on: July 01, 2018, 08:47:16 PM »

Have a question about this for those who knows about audio.

"1 Blu-ray Audio Disc: New 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround Sound Mixes from Original Analog Multi-tracks", does it mean that if you rip Blu-ray audio and then you open the .wav file in, let's say, Audacity, will you have vocals, bass, guitars and drum tracks separately?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:54:58 PM by Ulises » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #493 on: July 01, 2018, 10:55:06 PM »

"1 Blu-ray Audio Disc: New 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround Sound Mixes from Original Analog Multi-tracks", does it mean that if you rip Blu-ray audio and then you open the .wav file in, let's say, Audacity, will you have vocals, bass, guitars and drum tracks separately?
Not ALL instruments, but it would be at least 6 channels separated. Not unlike the Rockband audio rip from the Chinese Democracy tracks. I don't have it and I dont know how it really is, but try to imagine it sounding like drums and bass in the middle channel, Izzy in the left/behind speaker, Slash in the right/behind speaker, and Axl and lead guitar in the left and right front speakers.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #494 on: July 02, 2018, 04:10:11 AM »

Not ALL instruments, but it would be at least 6 channels separated. Not unlike the Rockband audio rip from the Chinese Democracy tracks. I don't have it and I dont know how it really is, but try to imagine it sounding like drums and bass in the middle channel, Izzy in the left/behind speaker, Slash in the right/behind speaker, and Axl and lead guitar in the left and right front speakers.
I think it won't be like ChiDem isolated stems... in Rock Band, there were separate channels for each instrument, so you could get isolated stems for each instrument. here you will probably get separated channels, but each of them won't include separated instrument, but I'd say there will be some instrument dominating each channel and the others will be much less prominent. so I think here you won't get separated instrument stems for each channel, but like pseudo-stems.
I might be wrong though Smiley

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #495 on: July 02, 2018, 07:17:38 AM »

IMO, it sounds a bit less dynamic than the original digital/CD. Maybe less reverb in the bass drum and snare drum? Not sure, only gave it a lsiten on Spotify yesterday.

Granted, I listened in Spotify's highest quality possible (which is 320kbps Ogg Vorbis high-quality streaming), but I used a bluetooth headset (Sony MDR-XB950N1 - I love the bass on this one).

Throw the CD in.

I thought the Spotify streams were generally good representations of the final tracks.  But the CD does sound a bit better (warmer, even, and you get even more life in the lows and a tiny bit more reverb).

I'd LOVE to hear the vinyl, now.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #496 on: July 02, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »

I think it won't be like ChiDem isolated stems... in Rock Band, there were separate channels for each instrument, so you could get isolated stems for each instrument. here you will probably get separated channels, but each of them won't include separated instrument, but I'd say there will be some instrument dominating each channel and the others will be much less prominent. so I think here you won't get separated instrument stems for each channel, but like pseudo-stems.
Yeah, but I do think the guitars would be isolated. I really don't know, tho.

Throw the CD in.

I thought the Spotify streams were generally good representations of the final tracks.  But the CD does sound a bit better (warmer, even, and you get even more life in the lows and a tiny bit more reverb).

I would have to use my PS4 for that. A digital copy is way more convenient to me.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #497 on: July 02, 2018, 02:01:48 PM »

Yeah, but I do think the guitars would be isolated. I really don't know, tho.

Throw the CD in.

I would have to use my PS4 for that. A digital copy is way more convenient to me.

I do the same (use my PS4).  But the PS4, when connected to a tuner with HDMI, has a pretty beefy bit stream (it handles most of the Dolby and DTS tracks like a champ...and this is certainly less demanding!) and does audio VERY well, IMHO.

I did pick up the lossless version of the files mentioned previously in this thread and I played them via vlcplayer on a pc hooked directly to my AV tuner with HDMI.

They sound pretty much on par with the CD.  There might be some additional crispness, but if it's there it's VERY hard to tell.  The CD does a pretty damn good job, I think.

Any streaming method is going to introduce artifacts/compression issues and treble/reverb are among the most common.  I know they are lacking when I listen to the "non-remastered" tracks from AFD, or from the UYI albums, via Spotify. 

I'm just saying: The remastering might not be entirely the culprit here.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:05:27 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #498 on: July 03, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »

I do the same (use my PS4).  But the PS4, when connected to a tuner with HDMI, has a pretty beefy bit stream (it handles most of the Dolby and DTS tracks like a champ...and this is certainly less demanding!) and does audio VERY well, IMHO.

I did pick up the lossless version of the files mentioned previously in this thread and I played them via vlcplayer on a pc hooked directly to my AV tuner with HDMI.

They sound pretty much on par with the CD.  There might be some additional crispness, but if it's there it's VERY hard to tell.  The CD does a pretty damn good job, I think.

Any streaming method is going to introduce artifacts/compression issues and treble/reverb are among the most common.  I know they are lacking when I listen to the "non-remastered" tracks from AFD, or from the UYI albums, via Spotify. 

I'm just saying: The remastering might not be entirely the culprit here.
I dont have a 5.1 setup for my PS4, I only use a regular soundbar (JBL Cinema SB100 with 60 Watts, 80Hz ~ 18kHz) with no subwoofer attached. And I still prefer to use my headphones to listen to any music. Seems to me that the best option for me is to pick up the lossless version you mentioned.

GnRz
Headliner

« Reply #499 on: July 04, 2018, 12:50:54 AM »

dose anyone know what happened to the other 6 flyers advertised for this edition?

it seems they're only with the locked and loaded set now
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 01:26:24 AM by GnRz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: