Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:57:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shadow Of Your Love - reactions
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shadow Of Your Love - reactions  (Read 28598 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2018, 09:49:45 PM »

Would be good to find out if any new additions were made to this track *cough fernando*

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »

Would be good to find out if any new additions were made to this track *cough fernando*

Ha!  Good luck...I think this entire thread is a (not so) subtle plea for us to be thrown a bone...
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2018, 12:56:11 PM »

Ha!  Good luck...I think this entire thread is a (not so) subtle plea for us to be thrown a bone...

Haha... please take care of that cough.   Grin

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »

Go on....give us a hint! I'll buy you a pint!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2018, 01:19:18 PM »

Why don't I buy us both a pint and we just chat about other things?

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2018, 01:22:42 PM »

Why don't I buy us both a pint and we just chat about other things?

Haha! Well that sounds alright to me! If you genuinely fancy it, drop me a DM and we'll sort it out when you're in Europe.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »

Been listening to this song almost every day dince its release. Maybe we will get one more Single before the tour? Who knows!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2018, 05:28:05 PM »

Been listening to this song almost every day dince its release. Maybe we will get one more Single before the tour? Who knows!

I can imagine at least the acoustic Move To The City has the same production quality.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »

I do like Shadow of YouR Love. Great tune and congrats to the GNR for the song rising up in the charts!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2018, 08:48:01 PM »

Haha... please take care of that cough.   Grin

My cough needs a remedy, and that remedy is you Wink

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2018, 09:14:48 PM »

Yeah.

They recorded the song with Mike Clink, but since it was never released, maybe it wasn't properly mixed and/or mastered until now.

Maybe that's why it sounds so amazing? Compared to if it had been released in the 1980s, it might have a different sound....

Exactly this.

The more I listen to this song, the better it gets. It grows. And grows. And grows. The song was instantly good, but then it keeps growing. Usually "growers" don't impress at first listen. They seem "meh" at first listen and then grow. However, SOYL seemed pretty damn awesome at first listen, but with each listen it seems to get better and better. It went from "pretty damn great" to a "hard rock masterpiece"?? The more I hear the opening riff and drums and those harmonies during the chorus, it's just starting to sound and feel like a masterpiece and instant classic. This could easily become a "radio staple" of mainstream active rock radio.

Hard Rock masterpiece? rofl

Sorry, but it was a leftover they didn't even want to put on UYI like Back off Bitch, which was barely good enough to make the cut. The whole chorus is just chugging one chord. I will say, I've come to appreciate it more than I had thanks to this excellent recording, but let's not fool ourselves.

Finally got around to listening to this new version. As far as my ears are concerned this is a new recording. Axls vocals are definitely not mid-80s. They?re excellent but more reminiscent of what he showed on the NITL and AC/DC tours. The recording and mixing sound completely new. Guitar sounds like mature Slash. The guy who counts out the start of the song is not Steven, although I suppose it could be Rob Gardner or one of those early drummers. But I?ve listened to the b-side version and several live versions and this really doesn?t sound like any of them. Pretty cool, I think this is the first new studio recording since CD.

Maybe you've forgotten how Axl's vocals were actually cleaner in the early days. This very much fits his sound in that time.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2018, 12:20:36 PM »

The refusal to say whether it is new vocals or not leads me to understand that they are old. It is better commercially for people to think such amazing vocals are new.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2018, 01:29:30 PM »

Are you guys flerting with Fernando?  confused

The refusal to say whether it is new vocals or not leads me to understand that they are old. It is better commercially for people to think such amazing vocals are new.
Does it matter outside the message boards?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »

Are you guys flerting with Fernando?  confused

Does it matter outside the message boards?

I would say it only matters outside of message boards.  On the youtube comments on the first day I saw a lot of people thinking it was a new song and were all excited.
Then the deeper level fans started to comment saying its actually an old song...

and then there's the deeper deep level fans discussing on HTGTH messageboards whether its a remastered demo, a remastered demo with new parts or a whole new recording of an old song  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »

Finally got around to listening to this new version. As far as my ears are concerned this is a new recording. Axls vocals are definitely not mid-80s. They?re excellent but more reminiscent of what he showed on the NITL and AC/DC tours. The recording and mixing sound completely new. Guitar sounds like mature Slash. The guy who counts out the start of the song is not Steven, although I suppose it could be Rob Gardner or one of those early drummers. But I?ve listened to the b-side version and several live versions and this really doesn?t sound like any of them. Pretty cool, I think this is the first new studio recording since CD.

Maybe you've forgotten how Axl's vocals were actually cleaner in the early days. This very much fits his sound in that time.

I definitely haven't forgotten. I'm talking about very detailed subtleties that I hear when I listen to the new release on headphones. I have the same sense of these vocals as I did when Live Era came out, and new vocals were obviously dubbed into certain parts of WTTJ (the single from that release) and a couple other tracks. This is not a 'line in the sand' by me... basically I just really like the track. But there's just something really really interesting about the vocals. Maybe it's the modern mastering technology revealing stuff we couldn't hear back then, or maybe my ears are really hearing what I think I'm hearing. To me, either is fine. 

beer

I've seen enough.
mikvilja
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »

Live Era was clearly put together from different parts, very little effort was spent to try and mask that.
This SOYL if different case. Personally I hear the vocals are original but to me the middle and solo guitars are fresh.
Sounds resembles Slash?s later sound and style.
That doesn?t bother me at all. On the contrary, I think it?s really cool he?s been listening the old recordings and decided to re-record wanting it sound best possible.
Axl?s part is perfect, there is no reason he would have wanted to redo those.

This is cool song, I want to hear this live at summer. Other wish from me: please do Jumpin? Jack Flash, maybe replace some other cover with that one!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2018, 11:02:43 PM »

Apparently Fernando confirmed it?s not a re-record, so I was way off, but again it does t matter, the song just plum rocks.

I've seen enough.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2018, 03:35:19 AM »

Apparently Fernando confirmed it?s not a re-record, so I was way off, but again it does t matter, the song just plum rocks.

However, I do think it's possible, even likely, that it's an amalgamation of different takes or even different sessions in order to create the ultimate version of the song, and that's why it doesn't have any particular session attached to it.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2018, 11:08:22 AM »

Fair enough. Then again, there was never a confirmation about Live Era.

SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-mainstream-rock-tracks

#9 this week . . .  still gaining fast, a top 10 rock song now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: