Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 2018 set list
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 2018 set list  (Read 20571 times)
GNRMTL
Headliner

« on: May 23, 2018, 01:44:30 AM »

Less covers new covers more from the catalogue⁉️  I still wanna hear them play slither
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:44:13 AM by jarmo » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:11:39 AM »

Less covers new covers more from the catalogue⁉️  I still wanna hear them play slither

You do realise Slither would be a cover right?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:05:01 AM »

Shadow of your love needs to be in the setlist. Maybe the first song of the encore so Axl can reclaim his stamina to sing it.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:17:20 AM »

don't expect any major changes, they prob take out "black hole sun" add in Shadow.

would be cool to hear Breakdown or pretty tied up though

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »

Shadow of your love needs to be in the setlist. Maybe the first song of the encore so Axl can reclaim his stamina to sing it.

I don't think it's that strong really - I'd be surprised if it's in the setlist.

Personally I imagine the setlist will be broadly the same, with no changes other than the few they made through the tour last time. I don't anticipate anything being played that wasn't played at the last LA show. I'm fine with that too really - it's the same tour, and most people aren't sitting on forums monitoring setlists like people here might be, so won't even notice.

I think the setlists have been doing a great job really - all bases covered sort of thing.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »

Same basic setlist as 2016 & 2017.

Maybe lose things like 'Black Hole Sun' and 'Wichita Lineman'.  But I bet if they are swapped out, it's for other covers.  I think hoping they are going to instead re-instate some long since played UYI track is a fool's errand.

Also highly doubt they will play 'Shadow Of Your Love', ever.  That song, live, would not be Axl's friend in 2018.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 10:56:24 AM »

Maybe lose things like 'Black Hole Sun' and 'Wichita Lineman'.  But I bet if they are swapped out, it's for other covers.  I think hoping they are going to instead re-instate some long since played UYI track is a fool's errand.

Also highly doubt they will play 'Shadow Of Your Love', ever.  That song, live, would not be Axl's friend in 2018.

I don?t think he?d struggle. It?s a pretty straight forward. Rock song. If he can pull off AC/DC this will be easy.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »

add Jackie Chan!

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 12:08:55 PM »

I don?t think he?d struggle. It?s a pretty straight forward. Rock song. If he can pull off AC/DC this will be easy.

Agree.  He pulled off Coma pretty consistently last year...and people thought he would never be able to sing that live again.  Shadow can't be harder than that.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 02:29:25 PM »

Locomotive and/or Street of Dreams. I doubt that any major changes will occur.That's because the setlist is complete and covers every taste.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 05:19:54 PM »

There's a photo of a 'leaked' setlist doing the rounds. How genuine it is- I don't know (I barely believe 5 per cent of what I read online now if it doesn't come from a reputable news source), but it's the same set as previous dates. No changes or additions.

Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 06:33:54 PM »

That's...disappointing

old setlist, no news
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 06:45:39 PM »

Breakdown love would be cool if they played it yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »

Is somebody expecting them to completely change the setlist?

The core of the set has been the same for the tour, with some songs added during the legs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 08:22:14 PM »

Too many staples that aren't going anywhere... Shadow might be an addition, maybe drop some of the "tribute" covers they did like BHS when Cornell passed, etc... Maybe add in some of the typical "option" songs more regularly like Michelle/Crazy/Used to Love Her. Would not expect anything major, major... but honestly never expected Coma either, so you never know.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 06:23:48 AM »

Is somebody expecting them to completely change the setlist?

The core of the set has been the same for the tour, with some songs added during the legs.

/jarmo

I think that's been true of every tour they've ever done, right?

There are very very few bands who change setlists drastically from night to night. In the past it wasn't even noted on- now the internet has meant constant complaining about it from people who aren't even attending the shows!

I'm not sure people realise how difficult it is in terms of production for a band to alter things all the time. Sure, it's doable if the band are just up there playing instruments - but lights, videos, pyro etc all have to be ready, and crew need to know what's going on and when things happen, for safety reasons as much as anything.

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 02:34:49 PM »

I hope for some more songs from the catalouge; Pretty Tied Up, So Fine, Perfect Crime, Dead Horse, Street of Dreams, Shadow of Your Love, Move to the City (acoustic). I haven't heard Madagascar, Twat and Catcher live myself with this band so I'd like that. For the covers I'd like to hear Jumpin Jack Flash.

Of course Dust n Bones would do if Izzy ever dropped by.

They have had Mr. Brownstone as the second song almost every show theyvé done and thats  a sort of cool tradition. But it feels kinda stale to open with It's so Easy every show for two years. Don't drop that song, just change up the opener a little bit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:38:26 PM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 06:07:10 AM »

don't expect any major changes, they prob take out "black hole sun" add in Shadow.

That is my line of thinking and I hope it happens. Black Hole Sun is fine as a song but I just don't want to hear it in a GNR gig that I paid 100 euros to get in. But then of course if and when beer is available a toilet break is handy.

Personally I imagine the setlist will be broadly the same, with no changes other than the few they made through the tour last time. I don't anticipate anything being played that wasn't played at the last LA show. I'm fine with that too really - it's the same tour, and most people aren't sitting on forums monitoring setlists like people here might be, so won't even notice.

This has been discussed before but people on this board are overanalysing what a normal fan thinks about the setlist. I just found out that my childhood friend's (who we grew up with listening to the band) 19-year-old son has a GNR tattoo. The father has been to three gigs and the son, I think, to only one.

They have listened to the band all their lives but most certainly wouldn't complain about the setlist.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 11:14:24 AM »

Was Garden of Eden ever played live? Wantz to hear it! drool

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 12:15:34 PM »

Was Garden of Eden ever played live? Wantz to hear it! drool

It was played a couple of times in 1993.
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 12:34:19 PM »

Do you pay to eat the same food all night?
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »

They release a single and will not play it on tour? do not understand
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »

Jarmo already told you they will sprinkle in different songs based on how they feel....why is this so difficult to understand?

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »

Paul westerberg the main songwriter from the Relacements told me one time “everybody has a song they wanna hear

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »

Do you go see every show?

Or do you just complain that the meal that is offered to others is similar day to day?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 04:15:24 PM »

Or do you just complain that the meal that is offered to others is similar day to day?

/jarmo

It's the equivalent of looking in a resturant window, banging on it, and shouting at the people inside "hey, I had the spaghetti last night, you shouldn't be enjoying it, you should be eating something different".

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »

You guys realize they already play SO MANY songs in one set -while they only have a handful of material - that it will NEVER look like they change it up a lot? If they would play 2 hour sets THEN there probably would be a lot more changes to the setlist. I think most songs have been played over the last 10 years, and I expect them to add some here and there, but there's not that much to choose from if you have five albums and play 3+hrs sets. They will never play One In A Million or songs from Spaghetti. From Chinese they already played a lot.

That being said: I would love to hear the current line up's take on Street of Dreams (I honestly miss the 'okay, never mind' part still  hihi) and Breakdown would be amazing too.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »

/jarmo

It's the equivalent of looking in a resturant window, banging on it, and shouting at the people inside "hey, I had the spaghetti last night, you shouldn't be enjoying it, you should be eating something different".

Exactly this! I mean, back in the day you would have NO CLUE what they played outside of the show YOU went to. I hate all the complaining about them playing the same each night. Just be grateful you can watch it online. Back in the day all I had was the Tokyo dvd's and no fucking clue what they played anywhere else in the world.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly this! I mean, back in the day you would have NO CLUE what they played outside of the show YOU went to. I hate all the complaining about them playing the same each night. Just be grateful you can watch it online. Back in the day all I had was the Tokyo dvd's and no fucking clue what they played anywhere else in the world.

I had them on vhs, and paris taped off the tv.Wore them all out.  I'd have killed to hear those sets played live- I had no damn idea what they were playing night after night. Nor did it matter one bit! If people are so damn rich they can go to every show- so what? Good luck to them, but I don't give a damn or hold them in any regard as a 'bigger fan'. The opposite maybe. I'd respect a kid struggling to go to one show who enjoys the hell out of it a lot more than some guy making a forune in his corporate job that wants to play rock and roll for a few nights, before gping back to being everything a 16 year old him tried to rebel against.

The tour will be great, I'll have a blast, and the only one to tell me I shouldn't be enjoying it will be myself.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »

/jarmo

I had them on vhs, and paris taped off the tv.Wore them all out.  I'd have killed to hear those sets played live- I had no damn idea what they were playing night after night. Nor did it matter one bit! If people are so damn rich they can go to every show- so what? Good luck to them, but I don't give a damn or hold them in any regard as a 'bigger fan'. The opposite maybe. I'd respect a kid struggling to go to one show who enjoys the hell out of it a lot more than some guy making a forune in his corporate job that wants to play rock and roll for a few nights, before gping back to being everything a 16 year old him tried to rebel against.

The tour will be great, I'll have a blast, and the only one to tell me I shouldn't be enjoying it will be myself.

Yes! The Paris tapes! I forgot about them. I had them before the Toky dvd's....those were good times.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2018, 01:09:51 AM »

You guys realize they already play SO MANY songs in one set -while they only have a handful of material - that it will NEVER look like they change it up a lot? If they would play 2 hour sets THEN there probably would be a lot more changes to the setlist. I think most songs have been played over the last 10 years, and I expect them to add some here and there, but there's not that much to choose from if you have five albums and play 3+hrs sets. They will never play One In A Million or songs from Spaghetti. From Chinese they already played a lot.

That being said: I would love to hear the current line up's take on Street of Dreams (I honestly miss the 'okay, never mind' part still  hihi) and Breakdown would be amazing too.

Haha - me too!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 03:02:07 AM »

/jarmo

Not sure now if we knew. There was a monthly music magazine that I never subscribed to but often bought when I saw a new edition.

Surely the band was mentioned sometimes but probably not setlists. I think you might be right. No, not setlists, we had no idea.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 07:00:32 AM »

/jarmo

Not sure now if we knew. There was a monthly music magazine that I never subscribed to but often bought when I saw a new edition.

Surely the band was mentioned sometimes but probably not setlists. I think you might be right. No, not setlists, we had no idea.

Ignorance was bliss.  Now, there's too much access to information.

It's unreasonable to expect major changes to the setlist, but a few songs here or there would be nice.  BHS, Wichita Lineman, and I feel Good would be the ones for me to go.  You would think they'd play SOYL, you know, the new song they just released.  That makes sense, but trying to make sense of things the band does is a waste of time. 
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »

But how unreasonable to do something new this time around. Don't they talk to each other (ahh, not in this lifetime) or do some training. Why not surprise the audience and let the social media go crazy. There was a time and they have had time to prepare.

Something like 170 hours to the start. I'm there and if something is so easy then it is Roll Eyes
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2018, 10:38:54 AM »

I'm all for a change in the setlist, but c'mon, they've been playing a THREE HOURS GIGS, they've played Coma, motherfucking Coma!
Isn't that enough for the "social media" to go crazy?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2018, 01:01:01 PM »

I'm all for a change in the setlist, but c'mon, they've been playing a THREE HOURS GIGS, they've played Coma, motherfucking Coma!

Social media would 'go crazy' if a gig went badly wrong. It's sad people even care about social media really.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »

At the last show of 2017, we got Coma. Plus Prostitute. Plus There Was A Time. Plus Catcher In The Rye.....

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2018, 02:35:23 PM »

They could shake it up on this tour especially as they are doing a few festival which allows them to be more spontaneous, if they are playing under a curfew or alloted time they may have to change things to allow for time restrictions ,I get they don't have a massive back catalogue to choose from but they should try playing less covers I think they were doing 8 or 9 on the last tour and throw out one or two new songs which Axl has locked up  in that massive vault he has in the basement. One thing for certain is that we should get a lot of pro footage from the Download festival gigs as most of them are shown on TV or even a DVD release from the  Donnington one as that will be one of their most high profile gigs of the year.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:44:45 PM by Executioner » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »

The thing is, they changed the setlist nearly every damn night on the UYI tour and that was before we had Youtube videos of every show.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 01:12:44 AM »

The thing is, they changed the setlist nearly every damn night on the UYI tour and that was before we had Youtube videos of every show.

True, but keep in mind they were touring in support of an album, actually two - so you'd expect that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »

Were the shows 3.5-4 hours long every night?

For illustrative purposes, let's say you have 30 songs to choose from. If you play those 30 songs at each show, it's going to be the same. Now, if you play 15 songs each show, then suddenly that changes. Now you'll have people saying "They change the setlist!"....

/jarmo

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 08:18:13 AM »

/jarmo

If one does go to every show by your rationale, does that entitle them to hope or even expect things to be changed up a little?

And no I don’t consider one song difference between a massive run of shows to be ‘changing’ things.

Axl himself has said he prefers the CD songs because they feel fresher. I suppose that’s a fair enough comment, given they are only roughly 20 years old, rather than 30, but his words are somewhat different to his actions as he then proceeds to play the exact same stale set night after night.

They do a fine job I know having seen it many times personally, but one has to wonder about a band that for years starts with the same song, plays them in the same order and finishes with the same song every single night, just how much creativity there really is...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 08:34:43 AM »

If one does go to every show by your rationale, does that entitle them to hope or even expect things to be changed up a little?

If you attend every single show, then you have a point. If you don't attend any shows but just read setlists online, it's a bit different....

I get it, if you attend one show and they don't play the one song that's your favorite, you obviously might feel like something was missing. I get that.

We're talking about personal preferences and opinions here.

/jarmo

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »

I missed the supposed new setlist. What did it have?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 12:34:12 AM »

For illustrative purposes, let's say you have 30 songs to choose from. If you play those 30 songs at each show, it's going to be the same. Now, if you play 15 songs each show, then suddenly that changes. Now you'll have people saying "They change the setlist!"....

The average NITL show is not 3.5-4 hrs. And on the UYI tour, the longest show was 3.5 hrs, so that argument doesn't really fly.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 06:13:09 AM »

The average NITL show is not 3.5-4 hrs. And on the UYI tour, the longest show was 3.5 hrs, so that argument doesn't really fly.

I think the average was 3.5-4 at the end of the tour last year.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 06:15:11 AM by jarmo » Logged

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 07:29:26 AM »

Same old set list, but it’s not believed to be authentic, or at least recent for a number of reasons.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 09:53:27 AM »

Same old set list, but it’s not believed to be authentic, or at least recent for a number of reasons.

Why would it be even written yet.

That's a fake obviously.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »

That's a fake obviously.

I don't know how authentic it is, but to answer your question: If the band is rehearsing for a tour, it's nice to know the songs they play and the order....

/jarmo

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »

That's a fake obviously.

I don't know how authentic it is, but to answer your question: If the band is rehearsing for a tour, it's nice to know the songs they play and the order....

/jarmo

Sure but shouldn't rehearsing mean that things are still being decided and worked on how the final product will look like. Not that I would know but it would be weird if there was already something set to stone and printed out for someone to leak on the internet.

Also, don't they rehearse a number of songs that probably won't be played but just in case if they feel like it.

Or this could be a massive production with so little room to move around that it was actually decided ages ago.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »

Sure but shouldn't rehearsing mean that things are still being decided and worked on how the final product will look like. Not that I would know but it would be weird if there was already something set to stone and printed out for someone to leak on the internet.

Also, don't they rehearse a number of songs that probably won't be played but just in case if they feel like it.

Or this could be a massive production with so little room to move around that it was actually decided ages ago.

This is still the Not In This Lifetime tour. So it's safe to assume the core of the set will be what we saw on previous legs.

Yes, we don't know what/if they rehearsed songs that hasn't been performed live on previous legs.

The production is indeed huge, and that's something that needs to be considered when adding songs. But we know from past experiences that the band have added songs to the sets as the tours have gone along....

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2018, 03:38:21 PM »

Not long to find out now anyway.

I would imagine the band must be setting off for Europe anytime now, if they haven't already.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 01:13:31 AM »

I would imagine the band must be setting off for Europe anytime now, if they haven't already.

My guess is that the rest of the band is in Europe and Axl is just at home peace

We will know, soon.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »

My guess is that the rest of the band is in Europe and Axl is just at home peace

We will know, soon.

Hey, he's just catching a Nicks game!

deep down inside
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »

My Setlist i want to hear in mannheim and Leipzig

Easy
Brownstone
LALD
Rocket Queen
Catcher in the Rye
Nice Boys
Estranged
Sorry
You could be Mine
Double Talkin Jive
Civil War
Attitude
Sweet Child
Coma
You`re Crazy
Shadow of your love
Knockin
Perfect Crime
Nightrain

Jungle
Patience
Chinese
Paradise City

siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2018, 08:41:05 AM »

If they add street of dreams and shadow of your love and take off the who cover it will be great.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2018, 05:44:11 AM »

in GNR case, is the sellist really the problem?

or the fact that they play these tracks the exact same way at every show since 30 years?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »

Would be cool to hear them have a go at Since I Dont Have You

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »

I go in every tour hoping to hear a new song. I’m not complaining and I will be there to cheer them on this Sunday but I always have that hope, the same as many.
It’ll be a great show regardless as was the LA Forum.
If they shave it down to 2 and a half hours that’s cool. I’m up for whatever helps them be great.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »

I go in every tour hoping to hear a new song. I’m not complaining and I will be there to cheer them on this Sunday but I always have that hope, the same as many.
It’ll be a great show regardless as was the LA Forum.
If they shave it down to 2 and a half hours that’s cool. I’m up for whatever helps them be great.
Same feelings here.

Allthought id love if they would play Prostitute. One of my alltime favorite tracks by anyone.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 02:22:08 AM »

It's pretty safe to say the band will continue in the line of playing the old classics, some covers, and 2 or maybe 3 ChiDem songs. Plus the 30 years old Godfather's Theme, and every single thing that has the capability to link the present to the ''glorious'' past (because you cant sellout stadiums with hardcore fans only). I remember in 2009, in Asia, when the band played 13 out of 14 songs from ChiDem in what it was the longest show ever at that point. Those times are long gone...

Im resigned, to be honest. If the latest ''big news'' was a 1000 bucks boxset with 30+ years old stuff and ''Shadow Of Your Love'' as the main dish, I think we need no more signs/indications of how the setlist it's going to be.

GNR played for different motivations along the years. They wanted to survive like animals doing the music they felt at the moment, in the middle eighties, they wanted to play the big leagues reaching 1990, they wanted to completely reinvent themselves and reach the status of the greatest and most succesful band in the world during 1991-1993, they wanted to create new music with new styles swimming into strange waters, with the main focus in the artistic facet between 1996 and 2008, and it all started to change when Bucket left firstly, and it all ended with Robin's departure. Between 2009 and 2014 there was a band that was very powerful and tight onstage but with no future artistically-wise, and now we have a band that is manly (or only) focused in making money.

I think -and im not making a judgement, i am not saying that its right or that it's wrong- the band is thinking too much in what the casual but MASSIVE fanbase wants, than what they really want as musicians and artists. I really cant imagine Axl being artistically satisfied playing the exact same 2hrs 30mins of every single show, with one or -with all the luck in the world- two ''rare'' songs at the end of them (and as ''rare'' im talking about songs like ''My Michelle'' or ''Madagascar''... not ''Seven'' or ''The General''...)

Currently, the money is the objective. And they have all the rights in the world to go for it.

At this point, all that i still care is Slash to learn to play the ChiDem songs or the band stop playing them. Any option would be great to me.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 03:04:54 AM »

Between 2009 and 2014 there was a band that was very powerful and tight onstage but with no future artistically-wise, and now we have a band that is manly (or only) focused in making money.
sad times. I remember before UYI, they were considering to name the album "BUY Product". maybe they could rename themselves like this now Smiley

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »

Considering it’s not an album tour, the set lists have been pretty great. A lot of the complaints come from, I think, this strange exercise where you can come here during each show and watch the show or, more likely, just scan through the nights set list. You get into this rut of just reading the titles and looking for a ‘wow’ each night. The actual show, with that base set list along with the handful of variables, is so much more satisfying than basically just reading a list of words. The only song that consistently disappoints me, in person as well as on video, is SCOM. Obviously that one isn’t going away.

I've seen enough.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »

Considering it’s not an album tour, the set lists have been pretty great.
indeed, but the last time GNR were doing a non-album tour was probably the small 2012 clubs tour and that was probably the first and only time since 1993 if I remember correctly? AFDem tour can be considered a tour in support of the live album.

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2018, 05:28:51 AM »

No  one should be expecting any changes to the setlist if they havent released new music OR if there has been no leaks.

They're going to keep doing the same thing cause they dont have to do anything else. It's like the menu of a boarding school, you can complain if you want but its not going to change. Theres 800 kids who are going to be eating the same shit and will be backagain tomorrow because what is the alternative?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2018, 05:36:03 AM »

No  one should be expecting any changes to the setlist if they havent released new music OR if there has been no leaks.

They're going to keep doing the same thing cause they dont have to do anything else. It's like the menu of a boarding school, you can complain if you want but its not going to change. Theres 800 kids who are going to be eating the same shit and will be backagain tomorrow because what is the alternative?

You know the option to go and seee another band exists, right?! Peole talk like going to see GNR is some sortof chore they're obliged to get through, whether they like it or not.

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2018, 02:11:36 AM »

a
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:10:36 AM by gunns1 » Logged

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2018, 02:54:43 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9ZONwMcPY

Guns N Roses central claims "Slither" was just rehearsed with Axl.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2018, 04:53:10 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9ZONwMcPY

Guns N Roses central claims "Slither" was just rehearsed with Axl.

It's not really a claim when there's actual footage where you can hear it. So they DID rehearse it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jtvwUULJV4

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »

Slither I may fall over unconscious
Axl needs to open with My Favorite Pillow

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2018, 01:16:21 PM »

You know the option to go and seee another band exists, right?! Peole talk like going to see GNR is some sortof chore they're obliged to get through, whether they like it or not.

Where in my post did I say anything to the contrary? I'm saying that Gn'R don't have to mix up the setlist because there is no need to due to the fact that the reunion/nostalgia factor/classic songs and the high performance of the band is enough of a draw card. Obviously no one has to go to a show if they don't want to.

'Eatimg the same shit' suggests people are being forces to do so. Thwy really aren't.

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2018, 07:00:48 AM »

I would like to hear them doing "This dont look like Vegas " from Dizzys record. With Axl on vocals.

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2018, 02:30:54 AM »

Hi there gunners.

Can be the "Not in this lifetime" tour like the Chinese Democracy Tour? A never ending tour i mean.

I know... they are makin money i really understand that. But this is like a play that live record "again again again and again and again" (like the november rain demo song Tongue). I feel the band is playing safe and for the ppl who dont follow the band. Good or bad idk. A little boring? maybe. I listen GNR a lot, diary... maybe 360 days in a year but i listen all the bootlegs i had from 1985 to 1993. And that shit is STILL AWESOME and surprising. Every fkn show. I dont have any live show from this NITLT tour in my pocket player and i dont will buy a Bluray from this only IF Axl do the vocals on studio (like Live Era).

Other stuff... Axl still kick ass on studio, Shadow of your love is a perfect example of that.

Lov to GNR. Waiting for my Deluxe AFD shit and waiting for that UYIs fkn release in 2021 with some blurays from that fckn shows. And some Marc Canter restored-remastered gigs.

I know the vault was opened. The pandora box.

Long live GNR. Call izzy.

axlvai
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2018, 12:42:12 AM »

Hi there gunners.

Can be the "Not in this lifetime" tour like the Chinese Democracy Tour? A never ending tour i mean.

I know... they are makin money i really understand that. But this is like a play that live record "again again again and again and again" (like the november rain demo song Tongue). I feel the band is playing safe and for the ppl who dont follow the band. Good or bad idk. A little boring? maybe. I listen GNR a lot, diary... maybe 360 days in a year but i listen all the bootlegs i had from 1985 to 1993. And that shit is STILL AWESOME and surprising. Every fkn show. I dont have any live show from this NITLT tour in my pocket player and i dont will buy a Bluray from this only IF Axl do the vocals on studio (like Live Era).

Other stuff... Axl still kick ass on studio, Shadow of your love is a perfect example of that.

Lov to GNR. Waiting for my Deluxe AFD shit and waiting for that UYIs fkn release in 2021 with some blurays from that fckn shows. And some Marc Canter restored-remastered gigs.

I know the vault was opened. The pandora box.

Long live GNR. Call izzy.

Normal People
New Generations

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Welcome To The Reunion

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: