Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:32:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 2018 set list
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 2018 set list  (Read 20461 times)
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 12:34:19 PM »

Do you pay to eat the same food all night?
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »

They release a single and will not play it on tour? do not understand
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »

Jarmo already told you they will sprinkle in different songs based on how they feel....why is this so difficult to understand?

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »

Paul westerberg the main songwriter from the Relacements told me one time “everybody has a song they wanna hear

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »

Do you go see every show?

Or do you just complain that the meal that is offered to others is similar day to day?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 04:15:24 PM »

Or do you just complain that the meal that is offered to others is similar day to day?

/jarmo

It's the equivalent of looking in a resturant window, banging on it, and shouting at the people inside "hey, I had the spaghetti last night, you shouldn't be enjoying it, you should be eating something different".

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »

You guys realize they already play SO MANY songs in one set -while they only have a handful of material - that it will NEVER look like they change it up a lot? If they would play 2 hour sets THEN there probably would be a lot more changes to the setlist. I think most songs have been played over the last 10 years, and I expect them to add some here and there, but there's not that much to choose from if you have five albums and play 3+hrs sets. They will never play One In A Million or songs from Spaghetti. From Chinese they already played a lot.

That being said: I would love to hear the current line up's take on Street of Dreams (I honestly miss the 'okay, never mind' part still  hihi) and Breakdown would be amazing too.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »

/jarmo

It's the equivalent of looking in a resturant window, banging on it, and shouting at the people inside "hey, I had the spaghetti last night, you shouldn't be enjoying it, you should be eating something different".

Exactly this! I mean, back in the day you would have NO CLUE what they played outside of the show YOU went to. I hate all the complaining about them playing the same each night. Just be grateful you can watch it online. Back in the day all I had was the Tokyo dvd's and no fucking clue what they played anywhere else in the world.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly this! I mean, back in the day you would have NO CLUE what they played outside of the show YOU went to. I hate all the complaining about them playing the same each night. Just be grateful you can watch it online. Back in the day all I had was the Tokyo dvd's and no fucking clue what they played anywhere else in the world.

I had them on vhs, and paris taped off the tv.Wore them all out.  I'd have killed to hear those sets played live- I had no damn idea what they were playing night after night. Nor did it matter one bit! If people are so damn rich they can go to every show- so what? Good luck to them, but I don't give a damn or hold them in any regard as a 'bigger fan'. The opposite maybe. I'd respect a kid struggling to go to one show who enjoys the hell out of it a lot more than some guy making a forune in his corporate job that wants to play rock and roll for a few nights, before gping back to being everything a 16 year old him tried to rebel against.

The tour will be great, I'll have a blast, and the only one to tell me I shouldn't be enjoying it will be myself.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »

/jarmo

I had them on vhs, and paris taped off the tv.Wore them all out.  I'd have killed to hear those sets played live- I had no damn idea what they were playing night after night. Nor did it matter one bit! If people are so damn rich they can go to every show- so what? Good luck to them, but I don't give a damn or hold them in any regard as a 'bigger fan'. The opposite maybe. I'd respect a kid struggling to go to one show who enjoys the hell out of it a lot more than some guy making a forune in his corporate job that wants to play rock and roll for a few nights, before gping back to being everything a 16 year old him tried to rebel against.

The tour will be great, I'll have a blast, and the only one to tell me I shouldn't be enjoying it will be myself.

Yes! The Paris tapes! I forgot about them. I had them before the Toky dvd's....those were good times.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2018, 01:09:51 AM »

You guys realize they already play SO MANY songs in one set -while they only have a handful of material - that it will NEVER look like they change it up a lot? If they would play 2 hour sets THEN there probably would be a lot more changes to the setlist. I think most songs have been played over the last 10 years, and I expect them to add some here and there, but there's not that much to choose from if you have five albums and play 3+hrs sets. They will never play One In A Million or songs from Spaghetti. From Chinese they already played a lot.

That being said: I would love to hear the current line up's take on Street of Dreams (I honestly miss the 'okay, never mind' part still  hihi) and Breakdown would be amazing too.

Haha - me too!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 03:02:07 AM »

/jarmo

Not sure now if we knew. There was a monthly music magazine that I never subscribed to but often bought when I saw a new edition.

Surely the band was mentioned sometimes but probably not setlists. I think you might be right. No, not setlists, we had no idea.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 07:00:32 AM »

/jarmo

Not sure now if we knew. There was a monthly music magazine that I never subscribed to but often bought when I saw a new edition.

Surely the band was mentioned sometimes but probably not setlists. I think you might be right. No, not setlists, we had no idea.

Ignorance was bliss.  Now, there's too much access to information.

It's unreasonable to expect major changes to the setlist, but a few songs here or there would be nice.  BHS, Wichita Lineman, and I feel Good would be the ones for me to go.  You would think they'd play SOYL, you know, the new song they just released.  That makes sense, but trying to make sense of things the band does is a waste of time. 
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »

But how unreasonable to do something new this time around. Don't they talk to each other (ahh, not in this lifetime) or do some training. Why not surprise the audience and let the social media go crazy. There was a time and they have had time to prepare.

Something like 170 hours to the start. I'm there and if something is so easy then it is Roll Eyes
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2018, 10:38:54 AM »

I'm all for a change in the setlist, but c'mon, they've been playing a THREE HOURS GIGS, they've played Coma, motherfucking Coma!
Isn't that enough for the "social media" to go crazy?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2018, 01:01:01 PM »

I'm all for a change in the setlist, but c'mon, they've been playing a THREE HOURS GIGS, they've played Coma, motherfucking Coma!

Social media would 'go crazy' if a gig went badly wrong. It's sad people even care about social media really.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »

At the last show of 2017, we got Coma. Plus Prostitute. Plus There Was A Time. Plus Catcher In The Rye.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2018, 02:35:23 PM »

They could shake it up on this tour especially as they are doing a few festival which allows them to be more spontaneous, if they are playing under a curfew or alloted time they may have to change things to allow for time restrictions ,I get they don't have a massive back catalogue to choose from but they should try playing less covers I think they were doing 8 or 9 on the last tour and throw out one or two new songs which Axl has locked up  in that massive vault he has in the basement. One thing for certain is that we should get a lot of pro footage from the Download festival gigs as most of them are shown on TV or even a DVD release from the  Donnington one as that will be one of their most high profile gigs of the year.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:44:45 PM by Executioner » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »

The thing is, they changed the setlist nearly every damn night on the UYI tour and that was before we had Youtube videos of every show.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 01:12:44 AM »

The thing is, they changed the setlist nearly every damn night on the UYI tour and that was before we had Youtube videos of every show.

True, but keep in mind they were touring in support of an album, actually two - so you'd expect that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: