Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 2018 set list
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 2018 set list  (Read 20583 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »

The thing is, they changed the setlist nearly every damn night on the UYI tour and that was before we had Youtube videos of every show.

Were the shows 3.5-4 hours long every night?

For illustrative purposes, let's say you have 30 songs to choose from. If you play those 30 songs at each show, it's going to be the same. Now, if you play 15 songs each show, then suddenly that changes. Now you'll have people saying "They change the setlist!"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 08:18:13 AM »

Do you pay to eat the same food all night?

Do you go see every show?

Or do you just complain that the meal that is offered to others is similar day to day?

/jarmo

If one does go to every show by your rationale, does that entitle them to hope or even expect things to be changed up a little?

And no I don’t consider one song difference between a massive run of shows to be ‘changing’ things.

Axl himself has said he prefers the CD songs because they feel fresher. I suppose that’s a fair enough comment, given they are only roughly 20 years old, rather than 30, but his words are somewhat different to his actions as he then proceeds to play the exact same stale set night after night.

They do a fine job I know having seen it many times personally, but one has to wonder about a band that for years starts with the same song, plays them in the same order and finishes with the same song every single night, just how much creativity there really is...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 08:34:43 AM »

If one does go to every show by your rationale, does that entitle them to hope or even expect things to be changed up a little?

If you attend every single show, then you have a point. If you don't attend any shows but just read setlists online, it's a bit different....

I get it, if you attend one show and they don't play the one song that's your favorite, you obviously might feel like something was missing. I get that.

We're talking about personal preferences and opinions here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »

I missed the supposed new setlist. What did it have?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 12:34:12 AM »

The thing is, they changed the setlist nearly every damn night on the UYI tour and that was before we had Youtube videos of every show.

For illustrative purposes, let's say you have 30 songs to choose from. If you play those 30 songs at each show, it's going to be the same. Now, if you play 15 songs each show, then suddenly that changes. Now you'll have people saying "They change the setlist!"....

The average NITL show is not 3.5-4 hrs. And on the UYI tour, the longest show was 3.5 hrs, so that argument doesn't really fly.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 06:13:09 AM »

The average NITL show is not 3.5-4 hrs. And on the UYI tour, the longest show was 3.5 hrs, so that argument doesn't really fly.

I think the average was 3.5-4 at the end of the tour last year.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 06:15:11 AM by jarmo » Logged

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 07:29:26 AM »

Same old set list, but it’s not believed to be authentic, or at least recent for a number of reasons.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 09:53:27 AM »

Same old set list, but it’s not believed to be authentic, or at least recent for a number of reasons.

Why would it be even written yet.

That's a fake obviously.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »

That's a fake obviously.

I don't know how authentic it is, but to answer your question: If the band is rehearsing for a tour, it's nice to know the songs they play and the order....

/jarmo

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »

That's a fake obviously.

I don't know how authentic it is, but to answer your question: If the band is rehearsing for a tour, it's nice to know the songs they play and the order....

/jarmo

Sure but shouldn't rehearsing mean that things are still being decided and worked on how the final product will look like. Not that I would know but it would be weird if there was already something set to stone and printed out for someone to leak on the internet.

Also, don't they rehearse a number of songs that probably won't be played but just in case if they feel like it.

Or this could be a massive production with so little room to move around that it was actually decided ages ago.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »

Sure but shouldn't rehearsing mean that things are still being decided and worked on how the final product will look like. Not that I would know but it would be weird if there was already something set to stone and printed out for someone to leak on the internet.

Also, don't they rehearse a number of songs that probably won't be played but just in case if they feel like it.

Or this could be a massive production with so little room to move around that it was actually decided ages ago.

This is still the Not In This Lifetime tour. So it's safe to assume the core of the set will be what we saw on previous legs.

Yes, we don't know what/if they rehearsed songs that hasn't been performed live on previous legs.

The production is indeed huge, and that's something that needs to be considered when adding songs. But we know from past experiences that the band have added songs to the sets as the tours have gone along....

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2018, 03:38:21 PM »

Not long to find out now anyway.

I would imagine the band must be setting off for Europe anytime now, if they haven't already.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 01:13:31 AM »

I would imagine the band must be setting off for Europe anytime now, if they haven't already.

My guess is that the rest of the band is in Europe and Axl is just at home peace

We will know, soon.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »

My guess is that the rest of the band is in Europe and Axl is just at home peace

We will know, soon.

Hey, he's just catching a Nicks game!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
deep down inside
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »

My Setlist i want to hear in mannheim and Leipzig

Easy
Brownstone
LALD
Rocket Queen
Catcher in the Rye
Nice Boys
Estranged
Sorry
You could be Mine
Double Talkin Jive
Civil War
Attitude
Sweet Child
Coma
You`re Crazy
Shadow of your love
Knockin
Perfect Crime
Nightrain

Jungle
Patience
Chinese
Paradise City

siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2018, 08:41:05 AM »

If they add street of dreams and shadow of your love and take off the who cover it will be great.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2018, 05:44:11 AM »

in GNR case, is the sellist really the problem?

or the fact that they play these tracks the exact same way at every show since 30 years?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »

Would be cool to hear them have a go at Since I Dont Have You

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »

I go in every tour hoping to hear a new song. I’m not complaining and I will be there to cheer them on this Sunday but I always have that hope, the same as many.
It’ll be a great show regardless as was the LA Forum.
If they shave it down to 2 and a half hours that’s cool. I’m up for whatever helps them be great.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »

I go in every tour hoping to hear a new song. I’m not complaining and I will be there to cheer them on this Sunday but I always have that hope, the same as many.
It’ll be a great show regardless as was the LA Forum.
If they shave it down to 2 and a half hours that’s cool. I’m up for whatever helps them be great.
Same feelings here.

Allthought id love if they would play Prostitute. One of my alltime favorite tracks by anyone.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »