Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 2018 set list
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 2018 set list  (Read 20459 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 02:22:08 AM »

It's pretty safe to say the band will continue in the line of playing the old classics, some covers, and 2 or maybe 3 ChiDem songs. Plus the 30 years old Godfather's Theme, and every single thing that has the capability to link the present to the ''glorious'' past (because you cant sellout stadiums with hardcore fans only). I remember in 2009, in Asia, when the band played 13 out of 14 songs from ChiDem in what it was the longest show ever at that point. Those times are long gone...

Im resigned, to be honest. If the latest ''big news'' was a 1000 bucks boxset with 30+ years old stuff and ''Shadow Of Your Love'' as the main dish, I think we need no more signs/indications of how the setlist it's going to be.

GNR played for different motivations along the years. They wanted to survive like animals doing the music they felt at the moment, in the middle eighties, they wanted to play the big leagues reaching 1990, they wanted to completely reinvent themselves and reach the status of the greatest and most succesful band in the world during 1991-1993, they wanted to create new music with new styles swimming into strange waters, with the main focus in the artistic facet between 1996 and 2008, and it all started to change when Bucket left firstly, and it all ended with Robin's departure. Between 2009 and 2014 there was a band that was very powerful and tight onstage but with no future artistically-wise, and now we have a band that is manly (or only) focused in making money.

I think -and im not making a judgement, i am not saying that its right or that it's wrong- the band is thinking too much in what the casual but MASSIVE fanbase wants, than what they really want as musicians and artists. I really cant imagine Axl being artistically satisfied playing the exact same 2hrs 30mins of every single show, with one or -with all the luck in the world- two ''rare'' songs at the end of them (and as ''rare'' im talking about songs like ''My Michelle'' or ''Madagascar''... not ''Seven'' or ''The General''...)

Currently, the money is the objective. And they have all the rights in the world to go for it.

At this point, all that i still care is Slash to learn to play the ChiDem songs or the band stop playing them. Any option would be great to me.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 03:04:54 AM »

Between 2009 and 2014 there was a band that was very powerful and tight onstage but with no future artistically-wise, and now we have a band that is manly (or only) focused in making money.
sad times. I remember before UYI, they were considering to name the album "BUY Product". maybe they could rename themselves like this now Smiley

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »

Considering it’s not an album tour, the set lists have been pretty great. A lot of the complaints come from, I think, this strange exercise where you can come here during each show and watch the show or, more likely, just scan through the nights set list. You get into this rut of just reading the titles and looking for a ‘wow’ each night. The actual show, with that base set list along with the handful of variables, is so much more satisfying than basically just reading a list of words. The only song that consistently disappoints me, in person as well as on video, is SCOM. Obviously that one isn’t going away.

I've seen enough.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »

Considering it’s not an album tour, the set lists have been pretty great.
indeed, but the last time GNR were doing a non-album tour was probably the small 2012 clubs tour and that was probably the first and only time since 1993 if I remember correctly? AFDem tour can be considered a tour in support of the live album.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2018, 05:28:51 AM »

No  one should be expecting any changes to the setlist if they havent released new music OR if there has been no leaks.

They're going to keep doing the same thing cause they dont have to do anything else. It's like the menu of a boarding school, you can complain if you want but its not going to change. Theres 800 kids who are going to be eating the same shit and will be backagain tomorrow because what is the alternative?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2018, 05:36:03 AM »

No  one should be expecting any changes to the setlist if they havent released new music OR if there has been no leaks.

They're going to keep doing the same thing cause they dont have to do anything else. It's like the menu of a boarding school, you can complain if you want but its not going to change. Theres 800 kids who are going to be eating the same shit and will be backagain tomorrow because what is the alternative?

You know the option to go and seee another band exists, right?! Peole talk like going to see GNR is some sortof chore they're obliged to get through, whether they like it or not.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2018, 02:11:36 AM »

a
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:10:36 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2018, 02:54:43 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9ZONwMcPY

Guns N Roses central claims "Slither" was just rehearsed with Axl.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2018, 04:53:10 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9ZONwMcPY

Guns N Roses central claims "Slither" was just rehearsed with Axl.

It's not really a claim when there's actual footage where you can hear it. So they DID rehearse it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jtvwUULJV4

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »

Slither I may fall over unconscious
Axl needs to open with My Favorite Pillow

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2018, 01:16:21 PM »

You know the option to go and seee another band exists, right?! Peole talk like going to see GNR is some sortof chore they're obliged to get through, whether they like it or not.

Where in my post did I say anything to the contrary? I'm saying that Gn'R don't have to mix up the setlist because there is no need to due to the fact that the reunion/nostalgia factor/classic songs and the high performance of the band is enough of a draw card. Obviously no one has to go to a show if they don't want to.

'Eatimg the same shit' suggests people are being forces to do so. Thwy really aren't.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2018, 07:00:48 AM »

I would like to hear them doing "This dont look like Vegas " from Dizzys record. With Axl on vocals.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2018, 02:30:54 AM »

Hi there gunners.

Can be the "Not in this lifetime" tour like the Chinese Democracy Tour? A never ending tour i mean.

I know... they are makin money i really understand that. But this is like a play that live record "again again again and again and again" (like the november rain demo song Tongue). I feel the band is playing safe and for the ppl who dont follow the band. Good or bad idk. A little boring? maybe. I listen GNR a lot, diary... maybe 360 days in a year but i listen all the bootlegs i had from 1985 to 1993. And that shit is STILL AWESOME and surprising. Every fkn show. I dont have any live show from this NITLT tour in my pocket player and i dont will buy a Bluray from this only IF Axl do the vocals on studio (like Live Era).

Other stuff... Axl still kick ass on studio, Shadow of your love is a perfect example of that.

Lov to GNR. Waiting for my Deluxe AFD shit and waiting for that UYIs fkn release in 2021 with some blurays from that fckn shows. And some Marc Canter restored-remastered gigs.

I know the vault was opened. The pandora box.

Long live GNR. Call izzy.

axlvai
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2018, 12:42:12 AM »

Hi there gunners.

Can be the "Not in this lifetime" tour like the Chinese Democracy Tour? A never ending tour i mean.

I know... they are makin money i really understand that. But this is like a play that live record "again again again and again and again" (like the november rain demo song Tongue). I feel the band is playing safe and for the ppl who dont follow the band. Good or bad idk. A little boring? maybe. I listen GNR a lot, diary... maybe 360 days in a year but i listen all the bootlegs i had from 1985 to 1993. And that shit is STILL AWESOME and surprising. Every fkn show. I dont have any live show from this NITLT tour in my pocket player and i dont will buy a Bluray from this only IF Axl do the vocals on studio (like Live Era).

Other stuff... Axl still kick ass on studio, Shadow of your love is a perfect example of that.

Lov to GNR. Waiting for my Deluxe AFD shit and waiting for that UYIs fkn release in 2021 with some blurays from that fckn shows. And some Marc Canter restored-remastered gigs.

I know the vault was opened. The pandora box.

Long live GNR. Call izzy.

Normal People
New Generations

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Welcome To The Reunion

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: