Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shadow of your love video - tour edition
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shadow of your love video - tour edition  (Read 7520 times)
izzyjim
Rocker

« on: June 23, 2018, 06:54:25 AM »

Cool video, footage from the recent tour, audio is studio version

https://youtu.be/0RizLhYFpac
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 01:23:22 PM »

So who is playing on this? It doesn’t sound like a demo.

Has it been worked on??
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 01:22:41 AM »

Has it been worked on??

Steven Adler has claimed this new version is re-recorded, and that someone else is playing drums. 

Here's Steven's interview; it starts out with him talking about his next shows, and ends with him commenting on "Shadow of Your Love".

https://gnrcentral.com/2018/05/18/steven-adler-thinks-guns-n-roses-newly-released-version-of-shadow-of-your-love-is-re-recorded-audio/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:26:46 PM by Bridge » Logged
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 03:22:18 AM »

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 05:46:15 AM »

Steven Adler has claimed this new version is re-recorded, and that someone else is playing drums.  It definitely sounds like it's been re-recorded; the drums are missing Steven's swing, and Slash's guitar work is almost obviously redone.  I prefer the original demo, even if the new recording is "cleaner".

This was never released. Listen to any of the tracks released so far and they sound great compared to any of the bootlegs.

Sounds more like they took the time to actually properly transfer the tapes, mix and master the tracks to today's standards....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 06:55:15 AM »

i think him didnt noticed it cuz its triggered with samples i recongnize CLA samples from miles of distance great work as usually, hope he can work more with GN'R for the future.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:27:56 AM by imsorry » Logged

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 12:26:15 PM »

Steven Adler has claimed this new version is re-recorded, and that someone else is playing drums.  It definitely sounds like it's been re-recorded; the drums are missing Steven's swing, and Slash's guitar work is almost obviously redone.  I prefer the original demo, even if the new recording is "cleaner".

This was never released. Listen to any of the tracks released so far and they sound great compared to any of the bootlegs.

Sounds more like they took the time to actually properly transfer the tapes, mix and master the tracks to today's standards....

/jarmo

But the “Jungle” demo we’ve heard sounds nothing like this.
Why don’t you just ask Frank if it’s him playing drums Jarmo?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »

It's weird how absolutely adamant Steven is that it's not him playing. Could he simply be mistaken? Possible.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 11:27:22 AM »

To me it makes little sense to have Frank drumming on a track recorded in 1986.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »

To me it makes little sense to have Frank drumming on a track recorded in 1986.....

/jarmo

Only reason to re-record I think would be if the drums hadn't been recorded properly in the first place, or 'cleaning up' wasn't possible for some reason. I honestly think we'd know about though if Frank had recorded them.

I'm going for Steven's memory not being perhaps as good as it should be....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »

/jarmo

But the “Jungle” demo we’ve heard sounds nothing like this.
Why don’t you just ask Frank if it’s him playing drums Jarmo?

Different studios, different sessions.

Recording technique probably different.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 08:28:34 PM »

Has it been worked on??

Here's Steven's interview; it starts out with him talking about his next shows, and ends with him commenting on "Shadow of Your Love".

https://gnrcentral.com/2018/05/18/steven-adler-thinks-guns-n-roses-newly-released-version-of-shadow-of-your-love-is-re-recorded-audio/

Uh, Fernando already confirmed that nothing was re-recorded.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 03:13:33 AM »

Obviously nothing it's re-recorded: not needed, non sense. Adler doesn't sound "Adler" because the song doesn't suit his style, but if u listen to reckless life u hear  exactly the same drum and the same style (and drum fills too). No Frank Ferrer at all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:16:18 AM by ITARocker » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 09:07:19 AM »

Obviously nothing it's re-recorded: not needed, non sense. Adler doesn't sound "Adler" because the song doesn't suit his style, but if u listen to reckless life u hear  exactly the same drum and the same style (and drum fills too). No Frank Ferrer at all.

I just listened to the other 2 versions of SOYL ("Live"...which is certainly Steven...and the 86 Sound City version that was included as a B side for LALD...also pretty assuredly Steven).

Sounds like the same technique and timing to me.

I think Steven's mistaken.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 10:15:03 AM »

I just listened to the other 2 versions of SOYL ("Live"...which is certainly Steven...and the 86 Sound City version that was included as a B side for LALD...also pretty assuredly Steven).

So we've got SOYL 'live', the 86 sound city version- and this 'debated' one. Where is that one coming from? What are it's origins? A tidied up 86 Sound City?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »

So we've got SOYL 'live', the 86 sound city version- and this 'debated' one. Where is that one coming from? What are it's origins? A tidied up 86 Sound City?

The single is the one recorded with Mike Clink.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 12:04:09 PM »

And I want to clarify why 'live' is in quotes here.  I don't think its really a live recording.  I think it's a studio recording with overdubbed crowd noise added in.

I might be wrong....I'll leave it to the experts/jarmo to comment one way or the other. But I'd love to know the genesis of where it was recorded, if it's really live!

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »

I think Stevens problem in all this is that....honestly...he's never heard the audio sound so good from those sessions.

To me, listening to the 3 versions...the technique, cadence, beat....it's all the same "fingerprint".

But the drums on the single version SOUND 100x better...they're just cleaner and more distinct.  I think that's what's throwing him off, honestly.

"I never recorded that track" is, I think, coming from "I never heard my track sound that good before".

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »

The single is the one recorded with Mike Clink.

/jarmo

Great - thanks!

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: