Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:33:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 3rd, 2018 - Monterrey, Mexico
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 3rd, 2018 - Monterrey, Mexico  (Read 14613 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 05:21:25 AM »

Seems like they have a new stage.
Or is it just rhe festival setup?
Looks great.

Think it’s probably a case of “Welcome to the Budget”. The set up has been reduced each year.
Has it?
I didnt see any difference between 2017 and 2018 euro shows

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 11:11:20 AM »

For first video I've seen (except TIL) ,Axl was very goo on first show...

In past he had bad days on first shows (RIR,Berlin...)...
Now he was in fire...
as much as i like him, his voice is clearly shot. Hope he will rest a little
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »

Seems like they have a new stage.
Or is it just rhe festival setup?
Looks great.

Think it’s probably a case of “Welcome to the Budget”. The set up has been reduced each year.
Has it?
I didnt see any difference between 2017 and 2018 euro shows

Perhaps not- definitely changed from the original 2016 US run.
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »

Could be lack of cardio? I know he seemed like he was in better shape at the start of the NITL tour which would def make his vocals stronger.
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »

Could be lack of cardio? I know he seemed like he was in better shape at the start of the NITL tour which would def make his vocals stronger.

Naa...he clearly has vocal chords issues. He can't sustain his head/clean voice and when he tries to add some rasp he loses control and u can hear cracks everywhere.  Even those few ghosts tracks he uses couldn't help him at all. Worst concert since Rio but overall it's in the same league of those 2018 shows: more miss than hit. I think this last leg of the tour will be a nightmare, we've been there already  nervous 2016 was very good (fantastic thinking about ac dc), 2017 still decent, 2018 really bad and it can only get worse at this point.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »

Naa...he clearly has vocal chords issues. He can't sustain his head/clean voice and when he tries to add some rasp he loses control and u can hear cracks everywhere.  Even those few ghosts tracks he uses couldn't help him at all. Worst concert since Rio but overall it's in the same league of those 2018 shows: more miss than hit. I think this last leg of the tour will be a nightmare, we've been there already  nervous 2016 was very good (fantastic thinking about ac dc), 2017 still decent, 2018 really bad and it can only get worse at this point.

But doesn't history show the opposite???  That he actually gets better vocally as the tour goes on?  The beginning of each leg of the tour he doesn't sound as good/powerful but then, once he gets a few under his belt, it all (or a lot of it) comes back.  If he sounds like this at the end of this tour, then yes, something's up.  Otherwise, it's business as usual so far.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 10:33:39 PM »

No, just no. This is ridiculously off base.

Ali
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 06:56:08 AM »

Too bad they havent got you as aback up singer to save the shows

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Ali
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 11:56:25 AM »

Lol.

I went to shows in 2016 and 2017, and honestly heard/saw no appreciable difference. I watched 5 videos from this Mexico show. The only thing I heard was that Axl was not holding his notes as long. That could be due to something as innocuous as a cold. There was no significant tonal difference. Of course, he will only settle in more and more into a groove as the tour progresses.

Ali
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 04:36:51 PM »

I watched a couple of videos and it did sound like Axl was consciously singing a little differently. A lot of clean-low voice on Nightrain which actually sounds pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36iuxmnhio
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2018, 06:29:50 AM »

They don't need me,  they (he) just need to rest.

Lol.

I went to shows in 2016 and 2017, and honestly heard/saw no appreciable difference. I watched 5 videos from this Mexico show. The only thing I heard was that Axl was not holding his notes as long. That could be due to something as innocuous as a cold. There was no significant tonal difference. Of course, he will only settle in more and more into a groove as the tour progresses.

Ali

no way dude...in 2016 the texture of his voice was very different... You can listen almost every 2016 concert without saying "WTF!?" ... 2018 he sings full falsetto and he's mainly out of breath and tune and you can hear cracks everywhere, it's a mess, if you can't (or don't want) hear it i don't know what  to say. If you are telling me that he's singin coma like the first shows  while he was sitting on his behind i think you have to change your ears. His voice is shot, and sometimes i hope people surrounding him would tell him to stop at the right time. Stressing already stressed vocal cords is not a very intelligent thing to do.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »

Lol.

Ali

no way dude...in 2016 the texture of his voice was very different... You can listen almost every 2016 concert without saying "WTF!?" ... 2018 he sings full falsetto and he's mainly out of breath and tune and you can hear cracks everywhere, it's a mess, if you can't (or don't want) hear it i don't know what  to say. If you are telling me that he's singin coma like the first shows  while he was sitting on his behind i think you have to change your ears. His voice is shot, and sometimes i hope people surrounding him would tell him to stop at the right time. Stressing already stressed vocal cords is not a very intelligent thing to do.
I completely disagree and think you are completely off base.

Ali
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2018, 09:34:43 AM »

I absolutely can't be fucked to trawl through rubbish camera phone footage (in my view, people who stand and film the concert on their phone absolutely kill the atmosphere and I don't really want to encourage it too much), so maybe I'm speaking out of turn.....but I don't see that his voice can possibly be that bad.

The 2018 show I saw I thought he sounded absolutely great on. Maybe it's the 'being in the moment' thing (you know, actually recognising I'm actually at a live gig and not wanting to stand there stock still looking at a mobile phone) or perhaps I got 'lucky' on the night I went, but I just didn't see anything to complain about vocally.

Have things deteriorated massively from then to now? Really? I doubt it.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ali
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »

I absolutely can't be fucked to trawl through rubbish camera phone footage (in my view, people who stand and film the concert on their phone absolutely kill the atmosphere and I don't really want to encourage it too much), so maybe I'm speaking out of turn.....but I don't see that his voice can possibly be that bad.

The 2018 show I saw I thought he sounded absolutely great on. Maybe it's the 'being in the moment' thing (you know, actually recognising I'm actually at a live gig and not wanting to stand there stock still looking at a mobile phone) or perhaps I got 'lucky' on the night I went, but I just didn't see anything to complain about vocally.

Have things deteriorated massively from then to now? Really? I doubt it.
No. I wasn't at any shows this summer, but I also doubt it. Of course, there will be some nights, and some songs, that vary in performance. But, welcome to the world of live music. Overall, he was very consistent from 2016-2017 from when I saw him.

Ali
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 04:43:04 AM »

I was in Wrehter 2017 and Downloads Madrid 2018. I was with the same 4 people in both concerts and all of them were saying that Axl was actually better in Madrid than in Brussels. How about that? Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2018, 04:29:08 PM »

"The rehearsals… it's been really, really cool. It's like now I know the benefits of rehearsals for the first time in my life."

and then he forgot.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2018, 07:10:36 PM »

But doesn't history show the opposite???  That he actually gets better vocally as the tour goes on?  The beginning of each leg of the tour he doesn't sound as good/powerful but then, once he gets a few under his belt, it all (or a lot of it) comes back.  If he sounds like this at the end of this tour, then yes, something's up.  Otherwise, it's business as usual so far.

Um, no? The only time that may have been true was the UYI tour when his voice was still young. He sounded bad in '91 and excellent in '92, but even still started getting rough by '93. The next long tour he did was after CD came out and he sounded great in 2009-2010, and after that only got worse. 2016 sounded like classic Axl almost, then he progressively lost power and rasp through 2017. That's his problem, he's never known when to stop and rest his voice.

IDK where you people get the idea that the vocal chords are like a muscle; getting stronger with use. No, they wear out with use. This is a well established biological fact.

Lol.

Ali

Yeah the cracks are especially obvious. Just listen to the bridge of Better. People are just being willfully ignorant about this.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:18 PM »

"The rehearsals… it's been really, really cool. It's like now I know the benefits of rehearsals for the first time in my life."

and then he forgot.

He didn't forget.  He just realized he was mistaken when he made that comment.
Think about it.  Before Slash and Duff rejoined, no rehearsals and start times were 3, 4 or more hours later than they are now so there was plenty of vocal cord rest n' prep time.  IT'S ALL SLASH N' DUFF'S FAULT!!!  crying

Tongue

TBH, I have more concerns with Slash.  I hope it's just his style of playing but he seems to be deep in concentration when he plays. How is it possible for someone to be just standing there while playing Johnny B. Goode??  Not saying that Slash doesn't do Chuck Berry proud with his rendition but even Marty McFly moved with the groove!!!

Note to Slash:  Forget the handstands.....  DUCKWALK!!!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2018, 09:30:16 PM »

I think basically all criticisms of anything could be covered under 'natural fatigue'. They've been tpuring a long time now- after these dates, recharging and looking at the next move is vital.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ali
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2018, 07:06:19 AM »

I was in Wrehter 2017 and Downloads Madrid 2018. I was with the same 4 people in both concerts and all of them were saying that Axl was actually better in Madrid than in Brussels. How about that? Cheesy
That will be ignored, unfortunately, by some because those of us who disagree with their point are being "willfully ignorant".

Ali
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: