Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:27:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl interview with Icelandic newspaper
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl interview with Icelandic newspaper  (Read 16850 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: July 24, 2018, 07:19:56 AM »

Axl has done a brief interview with an Icelandic newspaper here:

https://www.frettabladid.is/lifid/guns-nroses-leggja-allt-undir-fyrir-adaendurna

A bad 'Google translate' version of it is the best I can do. Maybe somebody could do a more accurate translation?

Guns N'Roses put everything under the attention of the fans

More than 7% of the Icelandic people gather at Laugardalsvellir tonight on a long-lasting Guns N'Roses concert. The rock dogs are no less excited, but the singler Axl Rose informs Fréttablad that he had long wanted to play for Icelandic fans.

Guns N 'Roses swept through the wonderful appetite for Destruction album for over 30 years, after which the world began to grow. They took the rock style, not least known for drugs and sex, all the while, have been controversial and similar to visitors on pages of gossip and popularity lists.

Something has calmed down over the years, but in the field, the old GNR is released, and they show that they have little forgotten when the guitar fights, Slash, runs the machine running off its magnificent fancy power.

Iceland is the finale of their long-term music event, Not in This Lifetime, which began in March 2016. Behind it is an amazing number of concerts and the drive on the band has been hard to focus on asking Axl, who answers one of the few interviews that the band has provided on the tour, how they keep on keeping their mythical fool on stage after a concert.

"We just want everyone to do our best for the fans, each other and our crew. Each one continues to encourage their solitude and achievement, "says Axl.

Have you experienced some particularly memorable highlights during this long tour?

"What concerts and every audience are unique. There is always something different and the memorable moments are as different as they are many. "

It's less than so given and no brains come to play in full for three and a half hours at each concert. What do you do to keep this concert out after a concert?

"We are different individuals and each has its own means to keep it in physical shape for it, but when it's done, you just have to do what you do to do what we do," says Axl. about the simple philosophy that keeps the band fresh.

Axl Rose simply does what it takes to rock like 1987.

Created for a long time along the way

With your concert in Reykjavík, decades ago, the dream of many of your Icelandic fans will be fulfilled. Have you ever thought about playing in Iceland, and did you usually know that the country existed when your popularity was at its absolute peak around 1990?

"Yes. We have long wanted to have a concert in Iceland and of course we knew that this country existed! "

Is there any special feeling to get to the stage in a new place after all this time in the business?

"We only think of giving everyone to meet the expectations of our fans so that they enjoy themselves and enjoy the concert. And maybe some new fans have got along the way from among those who could only see just how all the scenery and condition are. "

Is there any specific song on your program that is in a special favorite of you and always kicks you in the field when you play it in the field?

"I'm not sure" kissing us in the field "is the right wording, but at the moment I'm singing to Wichita Lineman," says Axl, but the band has taken his version of this famous song, Glens Campbell, who died last year. , during their tour of this tour.

"The currents from this song are so keen, especially after Glen dropped off and reminded me of the sound of our version very much on the old Guns song."

It's safe to say that both your fans and the industry have made your return to the Not in This Lifetime Tournament immensely successful. Has this enabled you to come up with new content in the near future?

"Accurate now, we only concentrate on the tour and the next concert but the atmosphere is good and it's been a good thing that it's never known."

Icelanders are a bit self-reliant and partly because of the feeling of the attitude of their world-famous visitors to the country and the nation so I have to ask you to respect me to ask you a few questions about Albanian.

Do you have something special that you want to do while you are in Iceland and are there any likelihood of stalling and relaxing here after the concerts that are the last of this long tour?

"It would be very nice, but the best thing to say, I have not thought so far."

Have you heard of any Icelandic musicians who have drawn your special attention?

"I think Björk is one of the best known and I'm her great fan."

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »

Albanian?

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 09:26:12 AM »

Albanian?

I had no idea either! Google Translate is pretty shit...so could be anything!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »

"Accurate now, we only concentrate on the tour and the next concert but the atmosphere is good and it's been a good thing that it's never known."

So basically "no, but there's no drama, so we'll see..."

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »

Perhaps this will finally convince those last clingers to stop thinking there is some super secret new music coming.

This is a touring band.  That's it.  Maybe they do this again in 3-4 years.  Best we are going to do.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 01:36:46 PM »

Perhaps this will finally convince those last clingers to stop thinking there is some super secret new music coming.

This is a touring band.  That's it.  Maybe they do this again in 3-4 years.  Best we are going to do.

I'm hoping some sort of archive clearing release might happen. Not altered, re-recorded, just all the leftover stuff from the CD era we know exists but have never heard, in whatever state it's in. I'm sure there's enough of us that want to hear it to make it commercially viable.

Other than that - I think you're right. I'm not sure it'll be in 3-4 years though - I'd anticipate sooner than that, but to smaller audiences. I have absolutely no idea what the demand for ongoing tours is though. Based on the people around me at the NITL shows there's no demand for anything that isn't AFD really....so I have not a clue about the bands popularity.

They can shift tickets at present to a certain demographic.....but it's blank faces all round even for the likes of Coma, let alone CD era tracks, so whether the people attending are in any way actual 'fans' of the band, as I would construe the word 'fan', I just don't know. Personally, I doubt they really give two damns beyond buying a AFD shirt, sticking on a bandanna, and playing along with the 'remember the 80s' act, until the next bands show rolls up........

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »

Well, you have the bucket list factor.  People that did it to check it off, and are good now. 

But, I think the band is popular enough to still do arenas in the most cities.  Just may have to get a little more realistic about ticket prices.  $300 is not going to fly next time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 02:40:07 AM »

Honestly it still amazes me people thought any new music would surface from this reunion,sad to say it was what it was a tour that while making lots of cash perhaps put to bed the resentment  between members,myself it makes me rather if not sad then melancholic at the missed opertunity that’s guns n roses,AFD is the best rock all since the sex pistols debut and sadly it’s what your casual punter is interested in sad as they made the more interesting music post appetite in my opinion.

So the future they carry on touring I hope so but I suspect it’ll be larger arenas next time perhaps,expanded back catalogue/from the vaults type affairs is there a commercial demand for it? I suspect the bean counters will be looking at sales of the AFD set before they decide that one,gut feeling the demand isn’t there,but I could be wrong.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 04:10:27 AM »

No new music coming ever and Axl's favourite song in the set is Wichita Lineman.

I love this band, always have peace beer
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 11:19:02 AM »

No new music coming ever and Axl's favourite song in the set is Wichita Lineman.

I love this band, always have peace beer

Nothing New, Only Funny moment

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »

I mean...maybe.

But that translation is so bad ("kissing us in the field"??) its hard to draw conclusions from it.

He could have easily said: "Things are great.  Right now, we're focused on getting through these last shows, but the energy is great, better than it's ever been, and we'll see what happens after we're done."

And the translation back and forth could have gotten you the above.

We'll see.....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:36:30 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 02:37:56 PM »

It's just a shame that Axl is seemingly artistically bankrupt.  It's awesome the tour has been as successful as it has, but I just don't get why one excludes the other.  Usually new music and tours go hand in hand.  I just don't get why he's so adverse to putting out finished music.  Slash certainly has that craving to create and share said creation.  Frustrating...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 04:16:46 PM »

LOL, I love how many of you are like "See? No new music ever!" when all he really said was that they aren't working on any now, but who knows in the future.

you just have to do what you do to do what we do

I'm not sure" kissing us in the field "is the right wording

rofl

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 03:57:11 AM »

http://icelandmag.is/article/interview-axl-rose-guns-nroses-reykjavik-concert-largest-icelandic-history

Interview with Axl Rose: Guns N'Roses' Reykjavík concert largest in Icelandic history

The US rock band Guns N'Roses held a concert in Reykjavík yesterday night, drawing a crowd of 25,000 fans (7% of the Icelandic nation), making it the largest rock concert ever held in Reykjavík. The band played for 3.5 hours, playing all of their most popular hits.

Axl Rose sat down for an interview with Þórarinn Þórarinsson, saying the band has been planning to play in Iceland for a long time.

Many of your Icelandic fans have been waiting and hoping to see you perform in Iceland. Have you ever considered playing in Iceland before? Did you even know that Iceland existed back in 1990?

"Yes we’ve wanted to play Iceland for a long time and of course we knew it existed!"

You´ve toured the world a few times over but how does it feel going on stage in a new place after being in the industry so long?

"We just want to do a good job for the fans, that after the show they leave feeling they had a good time and maybe make some new fans that just came to see what the fuss was about."

How do you keep on giving such showstopping performances every time and what’s been the highlight of the tour so far?

"Everyone just wants to do their best for the fans, each other and our crew. Everyone pushes each other with their performance and commitment. And with highlights, every show, every crowd is different with something to remember about each one."

It’s not so easy to perform for 3 ½ hours, consistently at every show. How to you guys pull this off concert after concert?

"Everyone’s different. Each of us have our own fitness preferences. Ultimately you gotta do what you gotta do to do what we do."

You´ve been on the Not in This Lifetime tour since April 2016 and you the response has been great, both from your fans and the industry. Have you considered following this through by bringing out some new stuff in the near future?

"Right now our focus is on touring and the shows but everyone seems to be getting along so you never know."

Since Iceland is a small nation and very self aware I must ask you to bear with me now, when I bring up a few classic “Icelandic questions” because people here somehow love to read about what our famous guests think of Iceland.

Is there any chance you’ll hang around and relax on our little island for a while since this will be your last concert on the tour?

"That’d be nice! But honestly I haven’t thought that far ahead."

Are there any Icelandic musicians that you have come across that stand out for you?

"I’d imagine Bjork’s the most well known and I’m a big fan."

Do you have a favorite song on your setlist that always gets you fired up playing while performing on stage?

"I don’t know if fired up’s the right phrase for this but for me right now I really enjoy singing Wichita Lineman. It has such a haunting vibe especially with Glen’s passing and our version feels a lot like old Guns acoustically to me."

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 05:08:00 AM »

^thanks Jarmo. That makes a lot more sense now. It's not like Axl's dismissing the possibility of making new GNR music outright, but he says right now the focus is on the tour. Slash's new album comes out in September and as far as I know the writing process of that started before the reunion was even announced, so really, who knows, if everyone's interested then maybe there'll be new GNR music sometime in the future, but I ain't holding my breath for it though.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 05:33:10 AM »

That makes a lot more sense now.

Not really, the translation was quite sufficient. If you read something in better English it could change the meaning a little but in this case it didn't.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 08:41:52 AM »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-interview-2018/
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 10:11:51 AM »

It's just a shame that Axl is seemingly artistically bankrupt.  It's awesome the tour has been as successful as it has, but I just don't get why one excludes the other.  Usually new music and tours go hand in hand.  I just don't get why he's so adverse to putting out finished music.  Slash certainly has that craving to create and share said creation.  Frustrating...

He wasn't exactly Johnny Ambition even in his prime though.

Think of it like exercise.  It gets harder to get up for as you get older.  And it gets easier to just give it a dismissive wave and say you're good with how things are.

I recall a quote from Brett Favre that said he still loves the game.  But hadn't had love for training camp in some time.  In Axl's terms, he still loves the game (live shows) but hasn't had love for training camp (creating new music) in some time.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »

Nice read. Dont think i have ever heard the original Wichita Lineman version. But loved the GnR version of it. Maybe i will check out the original someday

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »

He wasn't exactly Johnny Ambition even in his prime though.

Think of it like exercise.  It gets harder to get up for as you get older.  And it gets easier to just give it a dismissive wave and say you're good with how things are.

I recall a quote from Brett Favre that said he still loves the game.  But hadn't had love for training camp in some time.  In Axl's terms, he still loves the game (live shows) but hasn't had love for training camp (creating new music) in some time.

I think maybe he was traumatised with how CHidem was released. Basically creating music with the label saying its not good enough, just to release it and have fans say the same thing. What is ironic is that if the label had given them freedom, the music itself would've been free and thus more successful. 

So of course now, maybe they are still tied to the label (who knows) and going through that again is just to much pain to even start thinking about it.

They should create music at home and personal recording studios anyway though. Just for fun, without having the pressure to release anything.
Maybe Axl's thinking about the big picture though and that's why he can't start, he should just make baby steps, enjoy creating one day at a time. In no time you'll have a lot. BUt if you think about the big picture, you'll never get anything done.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: