Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl interview with Icelandic newspaper
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl interview with Icelandic newspaper  (Read 16851 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2018, 09:24:22 AM »

Guns N'Roses, Focusing on Touring Since 2008

They put out a new release a month ago.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2018, 10:46:44 AM »

/jarmo

Who knows who put it out. If you ask the band members, have they even heard of the new release ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2018, 12:27:24 PM »

/jarmo

Who knows who put it out. If you ask the band members, have they even heard of the new release ok

Are you implying that the band didn't know about it?

The fact that they posted about it on social media and the fact that it includes photos from Axl's personal archive would say otherwise.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 01:38:35 PM »

/jarmo

you're right, and it's a fact I can't honestly deny. Cheesy

concerning that particular band, and I don't really know why, we all (almost) have the fantasy of being the manager,
and we all wish different things at different times. I suppose it's some kind of fan frustration, and there's a ton of legit reasons to explain it.
the inaptitude of the guys to stay together to build a dense and wide discography a la Stones, Zeppelin or even Aerosmith, mainly.

about new music, I'm all for it if it's a punch in my face. I don't want Appetite 2, but I want something nasty, vicious, which sets the record straight.
and bring Izzy back for the writing process...maybe not the easiest thing to do since he's not part of the reunion tour, but I think it's essential to feel
the essence of GNR.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 02:41:50 PM »

Would I love nothing more then to hear New GNR music of course I would. But lets look at this realistically Axl i think might be approaching this like Billy Joel has who hasn't made a new record since the 90s and still sells out any where he goes. If you can continue to go out and tour and enjoy playing the music that you have created that millions love why not just enjoy that. 

You want these guys out their having fun on the road and enjoying what they do not just making an album because public opinion says they should if it happens great if not find another band to get into because their seems to be no rush to get new music out their and im willing to bet you get a release of old UYI stuff like they did with appetite before any new material might show.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2018, 05:42:06 PM »

concerning that particular band, and I don't really know why, we all (almost) have the fantasy of being the manager,
and we all wish different things at different times. I suppose it's some kind of fan frustration, and there's a ton of legit reasons to explain it.
the inaptitude of the guys to stay together to build a dense and wide discography a la Stones, Zeppelin or even Aerosmith, mainly.

It's the same with sports fans. A bunch of them think they could do a better job than the manager(s) of their favorite teams....

I've yet to see any evidence that there's zero interest in ever putting out any new GN'R music. That's my opinion. I think when the time is right, things will happen.

After all, this tour is called Not In This Lifetime. Many didn't think they'd ever see this happen and here we are.....  hihi

/jarmo

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 07:10:40 PM »

The way I see it, GNR will make one or two albums, tour, and possibly retire afterwards. I just don't see Axl, Slash, and Duff  letting TSI be the last album that they worked on.  With that being said, I'm going to support their efforts on either their solo projects or Axl/DC  project.
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »

Yeah I’m not sure what universe we are in, where a direct quote from someone else, works out to be ‘my take’ on the matter...

Then you can add the complete lack of new material since 2008 as further evidence if you like, given even Axl’s word is apparently not good enough any more...

You mean lack of released material?

The direct quote does not imply the assumptions you made. That's reality.

Here's the quote again: "Right now our focus is on touring and the shows but everyone seems to be getting along so you never know."

There's a but in there that you seemed to ignore.

Also, he knows better than to "promise" anything. Remember that time he said "this isn't a promise"?

/jarmo

Of course he does. ‘Maybe there will be new music’ = interested fans and supports three more years of touring...

It’s the oldest trick in the marketing book and he plays it for all it’s worth.

Meanwhile we don’t get anything new, just a ton of speculation from people thinking Axl saying ‘who knows’ somehow means a new album is imminent...

Apart from having already stated what my take on that quote means, to me it means: 1. We haven’t created anything new together. 2. We have no plan to create anything new together. 3. There is a possibility of new music, I am not completely ruling it out but please refer to points 1 and 2 before you get your hopes up...

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 09:44:03 PM »

/jarmo

Ah yes, the box set with 71 “new” songs’ on it?  Grin

Only in GNR world is re-releasing the same 30+ year old songs in a different format considered “new”... And FYI, I actually like the boxset. But let us not kid ourselves, the only thing ‘new’ in that is the merch and the marketing...

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2018, 08:13:34 AM »

/jarmo

Only in GNR world is re-releasing the same 30+ year old songs in a different format considered “new”... And FYI, I actually like the boxset. But let us not kid ourselves, the only thing ‘new’ in that is the merch and the marketing...

Yes, only in GNR land does a 30 year old cover song count as a new release.  No one has confirmed whether any parts (including vocals) of SOYL were re-recorded, so it's possible there is absolutely nothing new with this song.

But you always got to keep the hope alive, you never know, right (secretly, I think we really know, but don't want to admit it).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2018, 08:30:40 AM »

Of course he does. ‘Maybe there will be new music’ = interested fans and supports three more years of touring...

Meanwhile we don’t get anything new, just a ton of speculation from people thinking Axl saying ‘who knows’ somehow means a new album is imminent...

Your logic makes no sense. So you're saying that the belief of there being new music at some point in the future means they can tour for three more years? Where does that formula come from?

What would it take to support, let's say, four more years of touring?

Apart from having already stated what my take on that quote means, to me it means: 1. We haven’t created anything new together. 2. We have no plan to create anything new together. 3. There is a possibility of new music, I am not completely ruling it out but please refer to points 1 and 2 before you get your hopes up...

To me it means "It's possible, but I'm not gonna say too much because people take what I say and twist it into meaning something completely different that what I actually said."

You didn't get the point.

Focused on touring was the so called fact. I just pointed out that they took the time to put a new release out. Yes, "only" an AFD boxset, but still something that's not related to touring....

Obviously it wasn't the release you hoped for. But still, they did it. Just sticking to facts.

Also, because some of those songs were unreleased, they could be considered new!  hihi  Tongue
Hope you're enjoying them. I am. Enjoying the things we got instead of being upset about what we don't.... Smiley

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2018, 01:32:14 PM »

Your logic makes no sense. So you're saying that the belief of there being new music at some point in the future means they can tour for three more years? Where does that formula come from?

What would it take to support, let's say, four more years of touring?

To me it means "It's possible, but I'm not gonna say too much because people take what I say and twist it into meaning something completely different that what I actually said."

You didn't get the point.

Focused on touring was the so called fact. I just pointed out that they took the time to put a new release out. Yes, "only" an AFD boxset, but still something that's not related to touring....

Obviously it wasn't the release you hoped for. But still, they did it. Just sticking to facts.

Also, because some of those songs were unreleased, they could be considered new!  hihi  Tongue
Hope you're enjoying them. I am. Enjoying the things we got instead of being upset about what we don't.... Smiley

/jarmo

I don't get why you are so supportive of everything they do be it right or wrong do you work for them?or have close ties to someone within the GnR camp ,yeah it was great to see part of the original line up back together but Axl said at the start of it in that bizzare Q&A he did with some corporate monster that they would be doing brand new music but all we got was a rehashed Appetite with demos, live  songs etc that's fine but isn't time they moved away from that material and put out new music.Slash goes off with his side project announce a a new album and tour WTF is that all about surely he should be focused on GnR and banging heads together to get away from this forever nostalgic trip that they have been on since 2000 .
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »

do you work for them?

Cheesy

Some see the glass as half empty, others don't. That's how it is.

The only reason I brought up the AFD re-issue is because some keep repeating the "they've only been focusing on touring since XXXX" line. It's only true IF you choose to ignore actual facts.

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2018, 08:50:41 PM »

do you work for them?

Cheesy

Some see the glass as half empty, others don't. That's how it is.

The only reason I brought up the AFD re-issue is because some keep repeating the "they've only been focusing on touring since XXXX" line. It's only true IF you choose to ignore actual facts.
The Police and The Stone roses 2 other great bands reformed and never put out a new album even though the demand was there from the fan base it seems like the done thing now I get why they go out and tour the greatest hits but why leave it at that? God knows Axl must have a massive vault of material stashed away that would make a few great GnR album's surely he must be thinking that way after the success of the tour which nobody thought they would do a few year's ago.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2018, 09:14:28 PM »

The Police and The Stone roses 2 other great bands reformed and never put out a new album even though the demand was there from the fan base it seems like the done thing now I get why they go out and tour the greatest hits but why leave it at that? God knows Axl must have a massive vault of material stashed away that would make a few great GnR album's surely he must be thinking that way after the success of the tour which nobody thought they would do a few year's ago.

All he said was that, when he was asked the question, the band was focusing on the tour.

He didn't say they don't want to put out anything new. Or that they never will.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2018, 07:56:43 AM »

Stone Roses recorded two singles, and certainly were in a studio recording a new album. I guess from the fact it's never appeared they considered it not good enough - the singles were pretty awful!

What excites me much is unreleased material from the CD era....probably more than any new recordings if I'm being honest.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »

Stone Roses recorded two singles, and certainly were in a studio recording a new album. I guess from the fact it's never appeared they considered it not good enough - the singles were pretty awful!

What excites me much is unreleased material from the CD era....probably more than any new recordings if I'm being honest.

You would rather CD outtakes than something new from the current line-up?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2018, 11:57:04 AM »

You would rather CD outtakes than something new from the current line-up?
I do specially from 1999/2004.

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:55 PM »

@Executioner
You think all that confetti just magically appears on it's own at the end of PC every show??  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »

@Executioner
You think all that confetti just magically appears on it's own at the end of PC every show??  Wink

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: