Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl interview with Icelandic newspaper
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl interview with Icelandic newspaper  (Read 16855 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2018, 05:52:08 PM »

Stone Roses recorded two singles, and certainly were in a studio recording a new album. I guess from the fact it's never appeared they considered it not good enough - the singles were pretty awful!

What excites me much is unreleased material from the CD era....probably more than any new recordings if I'm being honest.

You would rather CD outtakes than something new from the current line-up?

I know I'm probably in the massive minority....but yeah! I'm a huge fan of CD and think it's one of the greatest all time albums. I hear something new to love in it everytime. The thought that there are more tracks out there, or evem different variations, that I can't hear makes me sad. Obviously I'd welcome new material with the current line up enthusiastically....but that unreleased stuff? Yeah, I think if I had to choose one or the other I'd go with that. I mean, in an ideal world I'd get both......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »

Stone Roses recorded two singles, and certainly were in a studio recording a new album. I guess from the fact it's never appeared they considered it not good enough - the singles were pretty awful!

What excites me much is unreleased material from the CD era....probably more than any new recordings if I'm being honest.

You would rather CD outtakes than something new from the current line-up?

I know I'm probably in the massive minority....but yeah! I'm a huge fan of CD and think it's one of the greatest all time albums. I hear something new to love in it everytime. The thought that there are more tracks out there, or evem different variations, that I can't hear makes me sad. Obviously I'd welcome new material with the current line up enthusiastically....but that unreleased stuff? Yeah, I think if I had to choose one or the other I'd go with that. I mean, in an ideal world I'd get both......

I Prefer  love

ChineDem-Era Music

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2018, 12:46:11 AM »

Of course he does. ‘Maybe there will be new music’ = interested fans and supports three more years of touring...

It’s the oldest trick in the marketing book and he plays it for all it’s worth.

... uhh, what? Saying "maybe there will be new music" would get somebody who is interested in new music to buy tickets to a show featuring no new music?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2018, 05:01:28 PM »

The 2nd recent new song the Stone roses did was an epic tune most fans would agree, as for Axl and co if Izzy was involved then a new album would definitely be a possibility whether he jumps on board at some point is open to debate, hopefully Slash or Duff might give some straight answers as to what lies ahead maybe Axl has committed himself to AC⚡DC next year but at the very  least I hope GnR release a live CD/DVD  of the tour.
arnarsi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »

The part of the interview that has been discussed forth and back in previous posts under this topic is the following in Icelandic: „Akkúrat núna einbeitum við okkur bara að túrnum og næstu tónleikum en stemningin er góð og þetta hefur gengið það vel að það er aldrei að vita.“
Now, bear in mind that this interview was taken before the band came to Iceland and was done over a phone. Reading rest of the interview, it was apparent that Axl was not giving too much depth into his answers and kept them short. Anyways, here comes direct translation from this particular part of the interview: "Right now, we are focusing on the tour and the next concerts but the vibe is good and this has gone that well that you never know."
Anyways, might not change the overall context but at least here you have the most direct translation out there.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:42:02 PM by arnarsi » Logged

cool kids just do it
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »

It was not disclosed anywhere that it was only a phone call Huh

If that is the case then surely he just wanted to get rid of the stupid call.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »

The 2nd recent new song the Stone roses did was an epic tune most fans would agree, as for Axl and co if Izzy was involved then a new album would definitely be a possibility whether he jumps on board at some point is open to debate, hopefully Slash or Duff might give some straight answers as to what lies ahead maybe Axl has committed himself to AC⚡DC next year but at the very  least I hope GnR release a live CD/DVD  of the tour.

Maybe in your view- but in the mind of most fans I know the song was trash. I's likely the band thought so too as they didn't bother playing it in their live set and apparently scrapped the album after. Each tontheor own and all that but to describe it as 'epic' is a bit much! It went down very poorly.

Which is another point I guess- would people prefer no new material or new material that was rubbish? I think I'd rather hear nothing than a hurried and slapdash new single....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2018, 12:30:04 AM »

You Looking Picture Of Izzy & Richard 2006?

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2018, 06:47:12 PM »

Strong rumours that ac/dc are in the studio....with Brian. Farewell tour and new songs to be announced.

If true, then it's an interesting new development.....

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2018, 02:25:13 AM »

Which is another point I guess- would people prefer no new material or new material that was rubbish? I think I'd rather hear nothing than a hurried and slapdash new single....

I don't think we need to worry about Axl releasing an underdeveloped song anytime soon.  hihi

Honestly it could be the best thing for both Slash and Axl, because Slash has been pumping out music too fast and the quality has suffered lately, whereas Axl spends forever. Any kind of middle ground they reach would probably be just the right thing.

Strong rumours that ac/dc are in the studio....with Brian. Farewell tour and new songs to be announced.

If true, then it's an interesting new development.....

That is quite the twist. It could certainly give Axl time to work on an album before any return to AC/DC if that were still in the cards after Brian's farewell.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2018, 02:40:51 AM »

I don't think we need to worry about Axl releasing an underdeveloped song anytime soon.  hihi

Honestly it could be the best thing for both Slash and Axl, because Slash has been pumping out music too fast and the quality has suffered lately, whereas Axl spends forever. Any kind of middle ground they reach would probably be just the right thing.

Middle ground would be very good as it is mostly in life. Communism didn't work and capitalism isn't too good either. Something in the middle.

There is no point in ruining the GNR legacy by putting rubbish out but isn't it also a little ruined if nothing happens.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2018, 06:26:09 AM »

That is quite the twist. It could certainly give Axl time to work on an album before any return to AC/DC if that were still in the cards after Brian's farewell.

Just FYI:

The rumors I've heard aren't just a "Brian" farewell.  It's an AC/DC farewell. One last album and a farewell tour.

But we'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: