Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My Not In This Lifetime 2018 European leg photos
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Not In This Lifetime 2018 European leg photos  (Read 8587 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: July 27, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »

Here: http://bit.ly/2018NITLEuropePics

Thanks to the band, management and crew for making this one yet another memorable experience!  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »

Put a very cool photo book out. What would be a fair price, $35 maybe Huh beer
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »

Is there a no axl clause or something ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 02:14:52 PM »

Good pictures.  The Melissa ones are fun.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »

How did you come to that conclusion?

I'm assuming that you were looking at pics of him and came to that conclusion? That's slightly odd....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 02:55:15 PM »

For a 53 year old man, that was some damn good jumping on Slash's part.   Shocked  I realize the photo is probably forced perspective, but still impressive.
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 05:13:59 PM »

I'm assuming that you were looking at pics of him and came to that conclusion? That's slightly odd....

/jarmo

You know why he said it. It's because in these 122 pictures of the band, there are only 2 shots of Axl and they're of his back.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »

You know why he said it. It's because in these 122 pictures of the band, there are only 2 shots of Axl and they're of his back.

There's more than two, and that invalidates the "No Axl" theory. Thanks for proving my point. Smiley

Nothing like a good theory though.
The reality is more boring... He's just difficult to capture. Plus he's often got that microphone covering his face..... Or when you think you got the shot, his eyes are closed... hihi

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:48:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 03:24:34 PM »

Thnks J.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 07:25:12 AM »

There's more than two, and that invalidates the "No Axl" theory. Thanks for proving my point. Smiley

/jarmo

I think I'm counting four. Not a bad catch peace
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 10:32:57 AM »

Fantastic pictures Jarmo! Its my favorite part of a concert thread/topic.
Also, when I am at the gig I don't have to waste time taking crappy pictures with my cell, when I know I can see Jarmo's photos and adopt them as my own rofl
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

Fantastic pictures Jarmo! Its my favorite part of a concert thread/topic.
Also, when I am at the gig I don't have to waste time taking crappy pictures with my cell, when I know I can see Jarmo's photos and adopt them as my own rofl

Shame more people don't feel the same - I have no idea what people do with all the crap pictures, and even crappier bits of video they insist on recording. People don't seem to be capable of enjoying anything unless it's filtered through a screen now. Seriously weird.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »

Shame more people don't feel the same - I have no idea what people do with all the crap pictures, and even crappier bits of video they insist on recording. People don't seem to be capable of enjoying anything unless it's filtered through a screen now. Seriously weird.

That's one reason I don't attend concerts anymore.  Paying $100 or more to stare at the back of someone's hand as they wave a fucking cell phone in my face.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »

That's one reason I don't attend concerts anymore.  Paying $100 or more to stare at the back of someone's hand as they wave a fucking cell phone in my face.

I went to four gigs in four different countries this time around. I didn't take a single pic inside any of the venues.

I don't know if I'm the bestest fan around but I sure as fuck wished other people tried even thinking about why am I choosing to enjoy all this in the said way.

We have Jarmo and we have Kat, please, tell me why can't you keep your phones in your pockets. Kudos to those streaming on the other hand but, no, we don't want dozens of bad streams.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »

I've been to two shows this year (Guns) and plenty of other concerts around Europe of different bands (so far that is). I have exactly 0 pics and 0 videos from all as I preferred enjoying the shows. I have seen plenty of crappy faces looking at me, especially when I start moving around on the songs and enjoy them just as I know it should be during a rock concert, only because I am disturbing the ''fans'' who are filming, taking pictures and so on. The whole problem, at least as far as I'm concerned, is that most of these people are there just to point out they've been to a rock concert. If we take Guns for example, most of those filming know November Rain, Knocking on Heaven's Door and to a lower lever Welcome To The Jungle. They can't tell what's the name of the song during Double Talkin' Jive or Coma. Let alone Chinese... I'm sorry but I fuckin' hate these guys. They shoot the concert and they play it at home enjoying the shitty clips they've made just to prove to their friends and family they've been there. I wonder how they would feel and whether they would be on a rock concert during the 90's at all. The new generation... Yeah, you can call me old but I prefer so... Cheesy

PS. Amazing photos Jarmo. Thank you for sharing them with us. We all know that you are not from the people I'm describing above.  peace

"...It don't really matter..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »

Thanks.

In their defense, sometimes all those phones make a cool backdrop for the show. Since lighters aren't used anymore.  hihi

/jarmo

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 01:29:25 PM »

Thanks.

In their defense, sometimes all those phones make a cool backdrop for the show. Since lighters aren't used anymore.  hihi

/jarmo

I saw a lighter being used and true enough it made me think "a lighter, really?" hihi
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »

Thanks.

/jarmo

Further to my hate, you can use your telephone as a light without filming the concert. Besides, most of the shows started in daylight.   Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 01:41:46 PM »

Agreed. It's like being in a mausaleum sometimes. Watch live videos from 80s and 90s of ANY band and the crowd are so much better. I used to hope it would go away as people realised they are ruining their own night, but it doesn't seem to be.

My tactic now is totally ignoring them, in every way. Just try and get lost in my own world at a gug and zone them out. I feel sorry for them- it's impossible to connect with the moment through a screen, so they must be getting so little out of the event. I'd hate to not feel the emotions I do when I see and hear music.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »

/jarmo

A question is hardly a conclusion.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: