Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash on possibility of new GN'R music: ' 'I Think Everybody Wants To Do It'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on possibility of new GN'R music: ' 'I Think Everybody Wants To Do It'  (Read 55925 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 01:21:01 PM »

I don't know how many comments I've read over the years where people say they cant wait to hear ______ (Insert song title). Seems like some have expectations on how much they'll enjoy a song based on the titles alone. Smiley

Yeah, this never made a lick of sense to me either.

The General...Atlas Shrugged...Soul Monster.  These are just words on a screen.  Why are they supposed to be "epic"?  Maybe they are cool tunes, maybe they suck.  Don't know until you hear them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 02:17:02 AM »

I don't know how many comments I've read over the years where people say they cant wait to hear ______ (Insert song title). Seems like some have expectations on how much they'll enjoy a song based on the titles alone. Smiley

Yeah, this never made a lick of sense to me either.

The General...Atlas Shrugged...Soul Monster.  These are just words on a screen.  Why are they supposed to be "epic"?  Maybe they are cool tunes, maybe they suck.  Don't know until you hear them.

That is because there are no songs that suck in the GNR world beer
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2018, 04:59:29 AM »

Slash pretty much said the same thing Axl has said.....

/jarmo

Which is pretty much the same thing that Dizzy has said and Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba...

Of course live concert blu-rays (barely...) and re-mastered 31.5 year old albums are all we have actually got.

What’s that old saying? Actions speak louder than words?

You forgot to include a tour.... It's not like they've been at home just thinking about new music. They're on tour.

We're pretty much in a similar place where we were before Chinese came out. A bunch of people "needing" new music. And then, it wasn't what they needed after all....

/jarmo

Never said they have been completely idle, except on the releasing new music front.

I however don’t claim to speak on behalf of a ‘bunch of people’, only me. I looked forward for 17 years for Chinese Democracy to come out and I enjoyed it when it did.

Now 10 years since that time, I am looking forward to more music from my favourite band. I know how much of a problem that is...

But I am not holding my breath because nothing new is coming out any time soon and anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves. All the ‘talk’ (the same thing we have seen time and time again) is just that until one guy gets his finger out and starts working as the recording artist he supposedly is...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:02:31 AM by Conan » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2018, 05:16:00 AM »

Enjoy it when it comes out. Instead of spending time feeling frustrated because it didn't come out according to your personal preferences.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »

Enjoy it when it comes out. Instead of spending time feeling frustrated because it didn't come out according to your personal preferences.

ok

/jarmo

And there we have the attitude again that as a fan I should not feel entitled to even look forward to my favourite artist producing the art they are known for...

An amazing point of view. I wonder if there is another single artist on the entire planet that demand their fans (if they have any) have zero expectations on anything and then castigate them if they do?

We aren’t even allowed to hope anymore...
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2018, 02:08:05 AM »

expectations and demanding are different things.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2018, 04:55:44 AM »

ok

/jarmo

And there we have the attitude again that as a fan I should not feel entitled to even look forward to my favourite artist producing the art they are known for...

An amazing point of view. I wonder if there is another single artist on the entire planet that demand their fans (if they have any) have zero expectations on anything and then castigate them if they do?

We aren’t even allowed to hope anymore...

It's common sense to me.

Don't let something you have zero control over "ruin" your day(s) and feel upset over it.

Having an interest in something is good. Letting that turn you into someone bitter and hateful isn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2018, 05:08:28 AM »

It means that for many, they really really wanted the album to come out, then when it did, they couldn't wait to hear those other songs.

It's like you want something, and you get it and then realize it wasn't really what you were wanting.... So you start wanting something else. Again....

/jarmo

I blame a certain front man of a certain rock band and a friend of Axl's who told us that their is a ton of great material and that the best songs are yet to come... rofl beer
Many of us here love Chinese Democracy, and would love to hear more of where that came from. And I am pretty sure, the CD follow ups won't impress a lot of fans, but I would really really like to hear it.
I suppose 90% of fans would love to hear follow ups of Don't cry and November rain, but I doubt they will get that... I on the other hand would be very excited to hear whats been said to exist...
p.s. I have this conspiracy theory and hope that some people on this board (and other forums) have already heard some of the unreleased stuff Grin Huh

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:10:36 AM by Vezara » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2018, 07:16:21 AM »

A lot of people have the mentality that if they didn't hear/see something, it doesn't exist.

We just had a song released as a single a few months ago that was recorded in 1986.... Obviously that existed without us knowing!  hihi

/jarmo

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2018, 09:04:46 AM »

A lot of people have the mentality that if they didn't hear/see something, it doesn't exist.

We just had a song released as a single a few months ago that was recorded in 1986.... Obviously that existed without us knowing!  hihi

/jarmo

To be fair we already had 2 other studio versions of that same song officially released.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 12:31:46 PM »

To be fair we already had 2 other studio versions of that same song officially released.

Yes, but a completely new version from 1986 was made public in 2018 without anyone knowing that existed.
Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 02:39:03 PM »

I have a car that runs on clean renewable energy.

What?  You have to see it?  It totally exists.  I have 3 of them, actually.  I just don't let them out.

But they are there.  Right in the garage.  Only some hater with a nefarious agenda would doubt me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2018, 03:16:54 PM »

What?  You have to see it?  It totally exists.  I have 3 of them, actually.  I just don't let them out.

But they are there.  Right in the garage.  Only some hater with a nefarious agenda would doubt me.

Didn't you also claim that you're dating a model?

To think that there is more unreleased GN'R material somewhere that you have no idea about, isn't as far fetched as your fantasies.... Sorry.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 04:11:16 PM »

Didn't you also claim that you're dating a model?

To think that there is more unreleased GN'R material somewhere that you have no idea about, isn't as far fetched as your fantasies.... Sorry.

/jarmo

I think the point is that if Axl has no real intention of putting out whatever he may or may not be tinkering with behind the scenes...it might as well not exist for the rest of the world.  It's as meaningful as a magical flute that cures cancer, but only he can hear it play.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »

Anyone ever read Atlas Shrugged?

I've started to believe that it's no coincidence Axl called a song that. I do wonder if he was deeply influenced by it , and that it could be the reason for us not hearing material.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »

I think the point is that if Axl has no real intention of putting out whatever he may or may not be tinkering with behind the scenes...it might as well not exist for the rest of the world.  It's as meaningful as a magical flute that cures cancer, but only he can hear it play.

Ummm. No.

Some like to think that they know for sure how things work and what Axl is capable of. That their opinion is fact.

We don't know what he's done in recent years because he hasn't really talked about it (for obvious reasons). A few years ago he considered the album pretty much done... And then things happened.

The thing we don't know is when. To argue about there not being anything recorded is just silly.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »

Ummm. No.

Some like to think that they know for sure how things work and what Axl is capable of. That their opinion is fact.

We don't know what he's done in recent years because he hasn't really talked about it (for obvious reasons). A few years ago he considered the album pretty much done... And then things happened.

The thing we don't know is when. To argue about there not being anything recorded is just silly.

/jarmo

Oh, don't get me wrong, I believe 100% that he has stuff that's either finished, or "nearly finished".  I just don't think it really matters seeing how we'll likely never hear any of it, that is if history is an indicator (15 new songs in 28 years).

Sure, it might get Axl an artistic integrity merit badge, but as far as the fans go it's a moot point if no one cares enough to actually put it out.

I'd love nothing more than for him to get Slash into a studio...like, yesterday...and finish whatever Axl was talking about.  But how likely is that?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:22:34 PM by sofine11 » Logged
back to mono
Opening Act

Just one Fix

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »

when it comes to new music from Guns... I go with the schrodinger's cat theory, peace
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 06:27:28 PM »

What if the next GNR release is a box set of unreleased UYI songs? something similar to what they did with Appetite.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2018, 07:04:48 AM »

What if the next GNR release is a box set of unreleased UYI songs? something similar to what they did with Appetite.

I just started to think about this. While we want new music me at least doesn't want too much of it.

If there were suddenly 50 new songs it would simply be too much to handle. Listen to, trying to understand.

Just give us 12 songs and everyone is happy smoking
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: