Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash on possibility of new GN'R music: ' 'I Think Everybody Wants To Do It'
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on possibility of new GN'R music: ' 'I Think Everybody Wants To Do It'  (Read 55933 times)
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »

Interesting that Axl's the one who wanted to play Slither.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2018, 05:29:43 PM »

Interesting that Axl's the one who wanted to play Slither.

of course it's total speculation on my part, but I think Axl was touched by what
Scott said about him after the VR split.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2018, 06:23:07 AM »

I'm hearing that some Finnish media is running a headline that Slash has confirmed the new album.

Jesus fuck this click-baiting. There is no confirmation and everyone else but some so-called reporter knows that rant rant

This is worrying because I heard this from a friend who doesn't follow the band. I don't know if any other media outlets have picked up the story. If and possibly when there is no album too soon stories could start again about this and that and no album despite confirmed blah blah blah crying
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: September 27, 2018, 06:58:40 AM »

I'm hearing that some Finnish media is running a headline that Slash has confirmed the new album.

Jesus fuck this click-baiting. There is no confirmation and everyone else but some so-called reporter knows that rant rant

This is worrying because I heard this from a friend who doesn't follow the band. I don't know if any other media outlets have picked up the story. If and possibly when there is no album too soon stories could start again about this and that and no album despite confirmed blah blah blah crying

I had exactly the same yesterday- a British newspaper ran it too. It's based on nothing at all.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2018, 07:10:00 AM »

The whole confimation is from two articles where he didn't confirm that the album is definitely on its way.....

The UK newspaper cites Revolver:

YOU HAVE ANOTHER BAND, BUT AXL DOESN'T. SHOULD WE ASSUME THAT MEANS YOU WILL BE RECORDING NEW GN'R MUSIC TOGETHER?
We'll see what happens. It's really early to tell what we're going to do with Guns N' Roses and new material. We want to do something. We've been on the road this entire time. We have another leg coming up in November in Southeast Asia, Dubai and South Africa. Then we're going to start looking at what the next step is going to be.

And Classic Rock:

He added: "I think we're going to go well on into the future. I mean, Axl's got a ton of shit that he recorded already, so we're going to get in there and just start getting into that thing, and then if we do a record and then do a tour, I could see that cycle going on endlessly."

These two answers is the "confirmation" according to the UK newspaper and the rest of them ran with it without actually reading what he said!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2018, 07:43:57 AM »

Slash’s father have confirmed it on his Instagram and that post have been liked by Slash..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2018, 07:46:10 AM »

The whole confimation is from two articles where he didn't confirm that the album is definitely on its way.....

YOU HAVE ANOTHER BAND, BUT AXL DOESN'T. SHOULD WE ASSUME THAT MEANS YOU WILL BE RECORDING NEW GN'R MUSIC TOGETHER?
We'll see what happens. It's really early to tell what we're going to do with Guns N' Roses and new material. We want to do something. We've been on the road this entire time. We have another leg coming up in November in Southeast Asia, Dubai and South Africa. Then we're going to start looking at what the next step is going to be.

And Classic Rock:

He added: "I think we're going to go well on into the future. I mean, Axl's got a ton of shit that he recorded already, so we're going to get in there and just start getting into that thing, and then if we do a record and then do a tour, I could see that cycle going on endlessly."

These two answers is the "confirmation" according to the UK newspaper and the rest of them ran with it without actually reading what he said!

/jarmo

....and we all clicked on it! There lies the problem with online 'journalism'. The truth just doesn't really matter anymore if those clicks are coming in.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »

And Classic Rock:

/jarmo

....and we all clicked on it! There lies the problem with online 'journalism'. The truth just doesn't really matter anymore if those clicks are coming in.

"Click-bait headlines typically aim to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content."

They do it because it benefits them greatly and it's not illegal. They know that everyone knows what they are doing but there's no need to care about it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »

"I mean, I feel pretty confident that something's gonna happen. And there's no deadline on it so I couldn't tell you when. But I feel pretty, you know, secure in saying that we're gonna do something, you know? So it'll happen when it happens as with any Guns N' Roses thing.... You just sorta have to... You can't put any restraints on time."

https://wrif.com/episodes/radio-chatter-with-slash/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2018, 07:43:11 PM »

Slash’s father have confirmed it on his Instagram and that post have been liked by Slash..

You have the IG username to see it? That would be good.

Edit. I saw it.
Well.... time to say something so....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:09:52 PM by axlvai » Logged

axlvai
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2018, 06:46:19 AM »

Slash is back with the Conspirators, but won't rule out a new Guns N' Roses album
By Clay Marshall
Sep 28, 2018 | 11:35 AM

Three years ago, Slash received an unexpected phone call that forced him to rethink everything.

At the time, the man born 53 years ago as Saul Hudson – who rose to fame in the late 1980s as the cigarette-dangling, Les Paul-playing, top hat-wearing lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses – had spent more than a year touring the world in support of his third solo album.

With the tour winding down, the group, featuring vocalist Myles Kennedy and a band of backing musicians called the Conspirators, had started writing material for a new album. The plan was to record and release it in 2016.

Then the phone rang. And the artist, who had long traded rock ’n’ roll recklessness for stability and independence, was being asked to revisit his past.

The call set off an unlikely chain of events that would answer the prayers of hard rock fans who made GNR's landmark 1987 debut “Appetite for Destruction” the bestselling debut album of all time. Axl Rose, the group's razor-lunged vocalist and its last remaining original member, wanted to mend bridges with the guitarist, who left the band in 1996 due to musical and personal clashes.

“When Axl and I had our first conversation in 20 years, it was really great,” Slash says from an office inside his Snakepit Studios, a house on a quiet residential street in the San Fernando Valley that he recently purchased and subsequently converted into a recording facility.

“It was a huge load off my mind for him and I to talk, because there's been so much bad blood perpetuated over the years by the media.”

Soon after, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival announced the headlining act for its events in the spring of 2016 – a partial Guns N' Roses reunion featuring Slash, Rose and original bassist Duff McKagan. Knowing that additional GNR performances (which would ultimately include shows at Dodger Stadium, the Forum and Staples Center) would follow, Slash broke the news to Kennedy and his Conspirators band mates.

A new album would be postponed indefinitely.

“I went to the Conspirators guys and said, 'Look, I'm going to do this Guns N' Roses thing. I have no idea where that's going to go,'” Slash recalls. “Of course, the Guns N' Roses thing turned into this juggernaut, but I was always looking for a gap to be able to go back and finish what we started with the Conspirators. I had no intention of putting that to rest just because Guns N' Roses was happening.”

Slash says that while his Conspirators band members supported his return to GNR, he felt a sense of guilt over leaving them hanging.

“We'd been doing this up until that point for pretty much five years straight, so that, I felt bad about,” he explains. “But Guns was a major part of who I am, and I was so happy to be doing something positive with that [again].”

----- cut -------

Slash expects to spend much of 2019 on the road with the Conspirators, but considering the success of the GNR tour, he understands fans' desire to see that group take the next step in its comeback and record new material. “I don't want to say anything that's going to make people start thinking something [is happening], because there's nothing set up,” he says.

“But it's definitely on my mind. I know it's on Axl's mind, and I know it's on Duff's mind. It's one of those things that you don't want to put a timeline or a deadline on. You just let it be, and it will happen when it happens.”

It's a surprisingly Zen-like perspective for someone who was once a symbol of rock debauchery and whose exploits were chronicled in a 2007 autobiography that featured the tag line “it seems excessive, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.”

“I didn't have much of a future left if I kept going down that road,” Slash, now 12 years sober, says.

“When I finally came to terms with [addiction] and decided that I was not enjoying it anymore, all that energy I was putting into copping and using just went straight into music. I think it's really helped me to become a better player.”

Full interview: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-slash-livingdream-gnr-20180928-story.html#

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »

Its sounds like they will.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2018, 01:04:15 AM »

Its sounds like they will.

"idk if soon is the word..."

axlvai
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »

Dream Sequence
By Richard Bienstock 5 days ago Artist

Slash touches on everything from his ferocious new album, 'Living the Dream,' to his amazing new Marshall Jubilee and why he enjoys playing 'Chinese Democracy' songs live.

When Guitar World catches up with Slash, The legendary guitarist is far from home — roughly 5,000 miles from Los Angeles, to be more precise, in Tallinn, Estonia, where Guns N’ Roses are playing yet another date on their massively successful 18-month reunion world tour. “It’s my first time here, and its pretty cool,” he says, calling from his hotel room the day after the gig. “They have a big outdoor venue, and there’s an area called Old Town that’s like something out of a nursery rhyme or children’s book. And the show last night was fucking killer.” Next up? Gigs in Norway, Sweden and Iceland (each of them undoubtedly fucking killer in their own right), after which Slash will return to L.A. for what, smart money would assume, will be a much needed, much-deserved break…

--- cut ---

Were you coming up with song ideas for Living the Dream while on tour with Guns N’ Roses?

No. I did do some writing, but I was really thinking in terms of Guns at that time. So I have some ideas in my phone that are primarily for that. Because that’s where my head was at. I tend to get into one thing and then focus on that 100 percent. I’m not thinking of anything else. It’s the only way to do it when you’ve got two things that are so all encompassing. You have to shut one off to do the other.

So that means you’re putting together ideas for new Guns N’ Roses material?

Yeah, I think there’s a little bit of that activity going on.

For an album?

There’s talk about doing some recording. I think we all would love to do something that we thought was really cool. We just haven’t really sat down and put our noses to the grindstone to do it. We haven’t really had time. But there’s been a couple things that we’ve dicked around with at soundchecks.

--- cut ---

Over the past decades there’d been so much talk about a Guns N’ Roses reunion — not really from you or other band members, but rather from the press and the fans. When it actually came to fruition, I imagine you were just as surprised as the rest of us.

Well, really, I had no foresight of a reunion whatsoever. The most important thing to me was that Axl and I got together and managed to have some lengthy conversations about stuff that concerned us. Just to have that sort of relationship back and that camaraderie between the two of us, band stuff aside, was really important. I was really relieved to have that. Because some of that negativity that had built up over the years, especially by the media, just turned into something that you’re carrying around all the time. It was sort of like the elephant in the room. So it was good to get rid of that. Then when the conversation turned to [headlining] Coachella, it just sounded like a really fun thing to do. But I don’t think any of us really foresaw it going as long as it ended up going. But all things considered, it was just a testament to how much fun the whole thing was.

Your first time back onstage with the band was at the Troubadour in April 2016. How surreal of an experience was it to walk out there with Axl and Duff as Guns N’ Roses and kick into that first song?

Actually, the first song of the show wasn’t as surreal as showing up there for soundcheck. That was, I think, the real surreal moment. But at the same time, one of the interesting things about reuniting with Guns is that it doesn’t remind me of anything from the past. There’s not flashbacks, like, “I was standing here at this time 20 years ago…” or some bullshit like that. I just look over and I see two guys I’ve known for 30 years. There is that familiarity, and there’s a familiarity with the songs, but it all seems very new.

But that said, I have to say that that moment I got onstage at soundcheck at the Troubadour it was sort of like a time-lapse camera that went all the way back to 1985. [laughs]

One of the things that’s been a nice surprise at the Guns N’ Roses shows is to hear you playing songs from Chinese Democracy.

Yeah. You know, it’s very different… it’s really cool stuff, but it was played by guitar players that are very different from me style-wise. I’ve sort of adapted my own way of playing those songs to where I feel comfortable with them, but without losing the integrity of how the guitar parts go. So it’s been a lot of fun to do, like, the song “Chinese Democracy,” which I love playing. And there’s a song we’ve been playing lately called “Madagascar,” which, I don’t even know exactly what the guitar parts are on the original at this point because I’ve changed it so much. [laughs]

That said, I also want to give credit where credit’s due — the guitar players that played on Chinese Democracy, Buckethead being one of the main ones — are fucking amazing guitar players. I have to give those guys a shout-out because that stuff was cool. Very different from what I normally do. So it’s been interesting learning some of the stuff that was on that record. I definitely had to figure out ways to adapt to it.

--- cut ---

Full article: http://www.guitarworld.com/artists/dream-sequence

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2018, 02:37:47 PM »

Here's hoping that there are firm plans for studio time in 2019.  I have a feeling they'd have a blast if they all go in and do their thing and could still create some really great stuff together. 
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2018, 05:50:05 PM »

For an album?

There’s talk about doing some recording. I think we all would love to do something that we thought was really cool. We just haven’t really sat down and put our noses to the grindstone to do it. We haven’t really had time. But there’s been a couple things that we’ve dicked around with at soundchecks.

I think this is the first time Slash has actually given hints about recording an album. Up until now, all he had said was along the lines of "Yes, I think everyone wants to do it...etc".

This to me sounds like they are actually planning something: "there's talk about doing some recording" and "Yes, I think there's a little bit of that activity going on".

For the first time, I actually think we may see an album in 1-2 years  Cheesy

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2018, 01:51:32 AM »

I sometimes get a feeling that Slash has to defend why he also has another job than GNR.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2018, 10:46:54 AM »

For an album?

I think this is the first time Slash has actually given hints about recording an album. Up until now, all he had said was along the lines of "Yes, I think everyone wants to do it...etc".

This to me sounds like they are actually planning something: "there's talk about doing some recording" and "Yes, I think there's a little bit of that activity going on".

It's a very different ballgame now than what it was 2009-2014 in terms of putting out new music.  This lineup has achieved something massive in that they are well on their way to ranking #2 on all time tours. Let that sink in. I think the music industry, current lineup, management etc. now understand that new music would only be a good thing for all involved. If anything, from a marketing perspective it's a new reason to embark on another largescale tour.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2018, 03:45:48 AM »

For an album?

It's a very different ballgame now than what it was 2009-2014 in terms of putting out new music.  This lineup has achieved something massive in that they are well on their way to ranking #2 on all time tours. Let that sink in. I think the music industry, current lineup, management etc. now understand that new music would only be a good thing for all involved. If anything, from a marketing perspective it's a new reason to embark on another largescale tour.

I can still think of stadiums where I've seen football (soccer) that they haven't done in Europe. Just fingers crossed they don't try another tour without new music.

I would still go but just don't do it, please.

Edit to add:

Huh, I didn't even see the Hawaii gig yet. It's of course great they go and conquer unseen parts of the world but it can't happen that they keep touring only for the sake of a new venue if having been already just nearby.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 03:50:39 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: