Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:01:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No Axl/DC anymore?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Axl/DC anymore?  (Read 14669 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »

I know this news may be disappointing to some, but I have a crazy idea.  It's a little out there, so bear with me.  What if Axl put out new music with HIS band? Thoughts?

They are very seriously looking at what to do in that regard...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 12:52:38 PM »

I know this news may be disappointing to some, but I have a crazy idea.  It's a little out there, so bear with me.  What if Axl put out new music with HIS band? Thoughts?

Oh I have no doubts!  Grin
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 12:11:44 AM »

Probably the right thing for AC/DC. Their fans are excited, it's what they wanted- and after such a long career if it's the end of the road for them then doing it in a way that makes them happy is the best idea.

I think this probably will be the last swing for AC/DC- they've had a pretty good run of it!

Even as an AC/DC fan who often defends Brian from criticism, I feel like he's said everything he had to say anyway. Hell, he hasn't written lyrics since 1988. Axl would have brought a fresh energy and ideas, not to mention a new sound that I think worked wonderfully, to the band and I was really hoping to hear some kind of collaboration. But again, this doesn't rule out Angus continuing as a solo artist and maybe working with Axl in that capacity. I guess I'm just not as reverent of the band name as some fans are. I can deal with Guns having a whole new lineup except Axl and Dizzy without feeling like the AFD legacy is ruined somehow by it. Things change, that's just life. Hell, even an individual person can change radically over a lifetime, while they are still the same person regardless, so to expect a band to remain exactly as it was to begin with (or at its peak), is just silly IMO.

Well...so we can substitute Axl with another great singer, so maybe we can have a gnr album every year. rofl rofl

Axl doesn't belong to Ac Dc. I think it was great, really great, what he achieved with that tour but that's it. I hope he'll push his voice with gnr as much as he did with ac dc, one more time before he can't sing anymore. That would be enough for me  beer (plus a studio album with slash and duff and maybe steven, obviously)

Angus is totally right having back his old pal (if he can sing in studio, at least ). I'd like to listen Axl + Brian on a studio song, i know it's not ac dc style but...who knows  hihi I feel like Angus owes something to Axl and they look like they are in good terms if not friends so...

I mean, nobody here minded replacing Slash with a new lead guitarist, among other things. One could just as well have said Finck doesn't belong [in] Guns. You kind of ignored my entire point, that things can change and still remain what they are. Slash can get a defibrillator implanted in his heart and yet he's still Slash.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 03:51:30 AM »

Probably the right thing for AC/DC. Their fans are excited, it's what they wanted- and after such a long career if it's the end of the road for them then doing it in a way that makes them happy is the best idea.

I think this probably will be the last swing for AC/DC- they've had a pretty good run of it!

Even as an AC/DC fan who often defends Brian from criticism, I feel like he's said everything he had to say anyway. Hell, he hasn't written lyrics since 1988. Axl would have brought a fresh energy and ideas, not to mention a new sound that I think worked wonderfully, to the band and I was really hoping to hear some kind of collaboration. But again, this doesn't rule out Angus continuing as a solo artist and maybe working with Axl in that capacity. I guess I'm just not as reverent of the band name as some fans are. I can deal with Guns having a whole new lineup except Axl and Dizzy without feeling like the AFD legacy is ruined somehow by it. Things change, that's just life. Hell, even an individual person can change radically over a lifetime, while they are still the same person regardless, so to expect a band to remain exactly as it was to begin with (or at its peak), is just silly IMO.

Well...so we can substitute Axl with another great singer, so maybe we can have a gnr album every year. rofl rofl

Axl doesn't belong to Ac Dc. I think it was great, really great, what he achieved with that tour but that's it. I hope he'll push his voice with gnr as much as he did with ac dc, one more time before he can't sing anymore. That would be enough for me  beer (plus a studio album with slash and duff and maybe steven, obviously)

Angus is totally right having back his old pal (if he can sing in studio, at least ). I'd like to listen Axl + Brian on a studio song, i know it's not ac dc style but...who knows  hihi I feel like Angus owes something to Axl and they look like they are in good terms if not friends so...

I mean, nobody here minded replacing Slash with a new lead guitarist, among other things. One could just as well have said Finck doesn't belong [in] Guns. You kind of ignored my entire point, that things can change and still remain what they are. Slash can get a defibrillator implanted in his heart and yet he's still Slash.

I didn't ignore your point.. But as always, we are talking about a band or a brand? I mean if i buy gnr rights and i play with my band as gnr, i'm gnr? The answer is obvious. You can't say "i'm not as reverent of the band name as some fans are". Name in art is important. You know, if a "Monet" was painted by another, that would be called fake. Art is a product of certain people and that's it. Art is not coca cola, u can't sell it ignoring people behind it... Even Axl knows it and  i think that at a certain point he was tired of playing in small arenas Wink If u want to play with other people, just leave alone the old name, it's always the best choice.

If u love art, i'm very good at faking Lucio Fontana's art. I'll cut one canvas for you. I'll even sign it . Just give me 2 millions .    hihi                                                                           
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:58:14 AM by ITARocker » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »

I didn't ignore your point.. But as always, we are talking about a band or a brand? I mean if i buy gnr rights and i play with my band as gnr, i'm gnr? The answer is obvious.

Yes, the answer is yes. A name is just a name. And a band is just a group of people. Groups change. Whatever lineup you believe is the "real" one is entirely subjective. Besides, if you want to get as pedantic as possible you're going to run into the Ship of Theseus paradox.

You can't say "i'm not as reverent of the band name as some fans are".

I can't? Tell me what else I can and can't say, just so I know for future reference. It's stupid to say that something a band does today changes its past.

Name in art is important. You know, if a "Monet" was painted by another, that would be called fake. Art is a product of certain people and that's it. Art is not coca cola, u can't sell it ignoring people behind it... Even Axl knows it and  i think that at a certain point he was tired of playing in small arenas Wink If u want to play with other people, just leave alone the old name, it's always the best choice.

Now you are conflating a creator's name with a band name. The band is just the product of several creators. It's more akin to an album name than "Saul Hudson". However, if you want to use that as an analogy; if Axl gets a heart transplant, does that now make him an Axl Rose impostor? Does replacing the bass player in AC/DC make them suddenly a counterfeit AC/DC? If not, then where do you draw the line? I would say Angus being the ONLY original member left, is the most qualified person to say whether or not it's still AC/DC, not a bunch of opinionated fans.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 07:12:50 AM »

I didn't ignore your point.. But as always, we are talking about a band or a brand? I mean if i buy gnr rights and i play with my band as gnr, i'm gnr? The answer is obvious. You can't say "i'm not as reverent of the band name as some fans are". Name in art is important. You know, if a "Monet" was painted by another, that would be called fake. Art is a product of certain people and that's it. Art is not coca cola, u can't sell it ignoring people behind it... Even Axl knows it and  i think that at a certain point he was tired of playing in small arenas Wink If u want to play with other people, just leave alone the old name, it's always the best choice.

If u love art, i'm very good at faking Lucio Fontana's art. I'll cut one canvas for you. I'll even sign it . Just give me 2 millions .    hihi                                                                           
AC⚡DC would be well advised to keep Axl out of the studio we know what a control freak he is with Chinese Democracy taking nearly 14 years to come out ,one of the reason Slash and Duff left is because he wouldn't work with them in the studio they spent months trying to follow up the illusions records and he would never show up while they were there and when he did he just dismissed what they had done,and then to add insult to injury he starts bringing in other Guitarists without consulting them and using their work instead of Slash and Duff e.g. Sympathy for the devil. ACDC fans want BJ singing on a new record they don't want Axl or anyone else, Axl should concentrate on GnR and try and put out new material if they continue next year because this nostalgic trip is really getting tiresome.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »

AC⚡DC would be well advised to keep Axl out of the studio we know what a control freak he is with Chinese Democracy taking nearly .....

Your version of history is a very condensed version leaving out parts, to make your story fit your narrative that Axl is evil.

You're also assuming he considers AC/DC his band.

Did you see them live when he toured with them? Did you see Angus Young when he came out to perform with GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 09:38:46 AM »

AC⚡DC would be well advised to keep Axl out of the studio we know what a control freak he is with Chinese Democracy taking nearly .....

Your version of history is a very condensed version leaving out parts, to make your story fit your narrative that Axl is evil.

Did you see them live when he toured with them? Did you see Angus Young when he came out to perform with GN'R?

/jarmo

Yep, things just took their natural course, nothing more peace

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 12:49:16 PM »

/jarmo

Never said he was evil just stating the facts as they are,AC⚡DC will go into the studio over a few week period and have an album ready in 3 months no messing around with 20 producer's and hiring and firing 30 guitarists ,If Axl was involved it would never see the light of day  or else be re recorded multiple times and released in 10 years ,Nobody is doubting his ability to knock it out of the park on stage but off it leaves a lot to be desired.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »

Never said he was evil just stating the facts as they are,AC⚡DC will go into the studio over a few week period and have an album ready in 3 months no messing around with 20 producer's and hiring and firing 30 guitarists ,If Axl was involved it would never see the light of day  or else be re recorded multiple times and released in 10 years ,Nobody is doubting his ability to knock it out of the park on stage but off it leaves a lot to be desired.

Once again, you have no idea how him and Angus would work together. Please stop assuming you do....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »

Once again, you have no idea how him and Angus would work together. Please stop assuming you do....

/jarmo

Given that BJ is back on board that problem won't arise, Axl did a tour with them but that's as far as it will go I suggest you read Slash's book if you want a real insight into what working with Axl is like or is that all BS now that they have patched things up because forner band members and music insiders have come out with similar stories but his camp seem to think it's all some big witch hunt ,but the facts speak for themselves one original album in 25 years tells you all you need to know.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »

Given that BJ is back on board that problem won't arise, Axl did a tour with them but that's as far as it will go I suggest you read Slash's book if you want a real insight into what working with Axl is like or is that all BS now that they have patched things up because forner band members and music insiders have come out with similar stories but his camp seem to think it's all some big witch hunt ,but the facts speak for themselves one original album in 25 years tells you all you need to know.

Real insight?

You mean one person's account of the situation.

Axl: "Slash and I hadn't talked in 19 years, and [when we reunited] it was a good talk. And I was like, 'You wrote a lot of stuff that didn't even happen. It's not real.'"

Maybe you should read some more to see some other point of views....  You seem stuck in whatever the general public seems to believe and keep repeating it like it's the truth.

/jarmo

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »

Just throwing it out there, but I wonder if Angus asked Axl to do a record and Axl declined for one reason or another. Most of the rumors were suggesting an Axl/Angus record and then out of the blue Brian's back.

Don't forget that Axl did guest vocals on a couple tracks for Seb Bach before ChiDem was released and as far as we know, it was a drama-free affair. I'm sure he could have put something together for Angus without getting too 'obsessive' about it. Most of the negative stories about Axl are decades old at this point.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2018, 05:56:19 PM »

Real insight?

You mean one person's account of the situation.

Axl: "Slash and I hadn't talked in 19 years, and [when we reunited] it was a good talk. And I was like, 'You wrote a lot of stuff that didn't even happen. It's not real.'"

Maybe you should read some more to see some other point of views....  You seem stuck in whatever the general public seems to believe and keep repeating it like it's the truth.

/jarmo

Ok who to believe is open to debate maybe Axl should do his own book and tell his side as he was the only one sober during that time .  TBH I don't wanna see Axl with ACDC even though he did a fantastic job and silenced the most cynical critics like me lol, I'd much rather a new GnR album and then touring off the back of that if they are to continue with Slash and Duff going into next year.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2018, 07:29:54 AM »

I think most here would love to get a new GN'R album, and probably prefer getting one to anything else.... Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2018, 11:48:45 AM »

Hahahaha

C'mon, people.  AXL/DC may in fact not be happening.  But it AIN'T because Axl is burning the midnight oil on new GNR stuff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »

Hahahaha

C'mon, people.  AXL/DC may in fact not be happening.  But it AIN'T because Axl is burning the midnight oil on new GNR stuff.

How would you know that exactly? (Rhetorical question)  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2018, 11:06:41 AM »

Hey...look who's back.

I'm going to go ahead and lean on the past 27 years of GNR history.

You can lean on...I don't know, just being contrarian?  Good luck with all that.

The past 27 years of GNR history have netted us a grand total of 15 new songs, and a demo from 1986 that may or may not have been touched up.  Those are the facts.  And of those 15 new songs, 14 of them came out in 2008, but we know some of those vocal tracks were as far back as 1999. 

So...yeah.  Doens't really support that our pal Axl is a workaholic.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2018, 11:53:01 AM »

Hey...look who's back.

I'm going to go ahead and lean on the past 27 years of GNR history.

You can lean on...I don't know, just being contrarian?  Good luck with all that.

The past 27 years of GNR history have netted us a grand total of 15 new songs, and a demo from 1986 that may or may not have been touched up.  Those are the facts.  And of those 15 new songs, 14 of them came out in 2008, but we know some of those vocal tracks were as far back as 1999. 

So...yeah.  Doens't really support that our pal Axl is a workaholic.

So you're admitting that you have no way of actually knowing, and were spouting and touting your opinion as if it were fact, per usual.  Kiss

Surely you are aware that the released work of a musician may not be indicative of what has actually been composed? 

Artists create, releasing the work to the world is an option.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2018, 01:19:06 PM »

So you're admitting that you have no way of actually knowing, and were spouting and touting your opinion as if it were fact, per usual.  Kiss

Surely you are aware that the released work of a musician may not be indicative of what has actually been composed? 

Artists create, releasing the work to the world is an option.

Yeah, this is just happy horseshit that people in DEEP denial tell themselves.

The reality is that Guns N' Roses is no longer a viable creative entity.  They haven't been for some time.  What they are, is a touring operation.  Which they've also been for some time. 

What's nice for we fans, is that for the last 3 years they have been a professional and competent touring operation.  Probably for the firsst time in their entire career, that can be said.  I saw the NITL tour both times it came through town.  Loved it.  Didn't talk to one person that went to either show that did not have a blast.  Ditto those I know that went to shows in neighboring cities.  All good stories.

But that is where we are now.  If it gets you all funny in the pants to think you are onto some big secret that will show itself one day and then won't you be the one crowing, you do that.  You might as well also get to waiting on the discovery of time travel and the chances that you one day achieve the power of flight.

Equal chances of success, "Emily".

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: