Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No Axl/DC anymore?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Axl/DC anymore?  (Read 14671 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« on: August 08, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »

https://tonedeaf.com.au/acdc-reunited-brian-johnson-studio/

Sad

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 01:20:04 PM »

It got really exciting for a moment there.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 03:51:56 PM »

Not necessarily. They may be doing a final short album and tour with Brian before Angus continues with Axl. Even if it's a farewell for AC/DC and not just Brian, Angus seems like he still wants to continue playing so I'd say Axl is not out of the cards just yet.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 05:08:00 PM »

Great to see Brian and Phil back in , since Malcom's death Angus probably wanted to continue it on in his honour and get his long standing comrades back in ,No offence to Axl but for AC⚡DC to continue as a viable brand/band they need BJ back at the helm,it would be like GnR replacing Axl with Vince Neil or Myles Kennedy most fans wouldn't be happy with it and ticket sales would be catastrophic no matter how good they were.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 07:16:42 PM »

Probably the right thing for AC/DC. Their fans are excited, it's what they wanted- and after such a long career if it's the end of the road for them then doing it in a way that makes them happy is the best idea.

I think this probably will be the last swing for AC/DC- they've had a pretty good run of it!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 08:26:25 PM »

Probably the right thing for AC/DC. Their fans are excited, it's what they wanted- and after such a long career if it's the end of the road for them then doing it in a way that makes them happy is the best idea.

I think this probably will be the last swing for AC/DC- they've had a pretty good run of it!

Amen

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 03:46:39 AM »

Is this photo definitely 2018? It could easily be from 2015 or whenever rock or bust was recorded.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 05:17:28 PM »

Is this photo definitely 2018? It could easily be from 2015 or whenever rock or bust was recorded.

I don't even follow the music industry as such but am still hearing a lot of rumours from who knows where. Not at all only from here.

Is there a specific rumour for this one, can the photo be seen somewhere.

Generally speaking that could easily happen and happens all the time as most people probably know. Any given photo doesn't need to be photoshopped, not at all. Simply publish a picture claiming it's showing something it doesn't.

Angry Cry
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »

Apparently it's dated if you look at its properties or something.....

Someone who knows a little more about photos than me might be able to tell you more!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 05:37:32 PM »

I don't even follow the music industry as such but am still hearing a lot of rumours from who knows where. Not at all only from here.

Is there a specific rumour for this one, can the photo be seen somewhere.

Generally speaking that could easily happen and happens all the time as most people probably know. Any given photo doesn't need to be photoshopped, not at all. Simply publish a picture claiming it's showing something it doesn't.

Angry Cry

You can see it on this guys blog: https://earofnewt.com/2018/08/07/ac-dc-blockbuster-news-newts-rumour-proven-true-phil-rudd-is-in-vancouver-and-brian-johnson-too/

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 06:36:23 PM »

Someone who knows a little more about photos than me might be able to tell you more!

Cool pic but, really, we need exactly this someone. Surely, the pic is real but where and when was it taken. It simply shows a deck with some rockers. In some countries that would be called a balcony.

This could be the studio or this could be just some apartment anywhere.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 09:10:29 PM »

Cool pic but, really, we need exactly this someone. Surely, the pic is real but where and when was it taken. It simply shows a deck with some rockers. In some countries that would be called a balcony.

Properties say it was taken on August 6th at 5:49 PM (no idea if that's my local time zone or their local time zone) with a Canon EOS20D.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:13:29 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 09:20:04 PM »

Properties say it was taken on August 6th at 5:49 PM (no idea if that's my local time zone or their local time zone) with a Canon EOS20D.

Yes? Where, which country, which city.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 09:24:01 PM »

It was taken with a Canon camera, not a phone, so no location tags associated with the file.

So we know it's recent, but not precisely where.

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 11:56:57 PM »

Even as an AC/DC fan who often defends Brian from criticism, I feel like he's said everything he had to say anyway. Hell, he hasn't written lyrics since 1988. Axl would have brought a fresh energy and ideas, not to mention a new sound that I think worked wonderfully, to the band and I was really hoping to hear some kind of collaboration. But again, this doesn't rule out Angus continuing as a solo artist and maybe working with Axl in that capacity. I guess I'm just not as reverent of the band name as some fans are. I can deal with Guns having a whole new lineup except Axl and Dizzy without feeling like the AFD legacy is ruined somehow by it. Things change, that's just life. Hell, even an individual person can change radically over a lifetime, while they are still the same person regardless, so to expect a band to remain exactly as it was to begin with (or at its peak), is just silly IMO.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 02:57:55 AM »

It was taken with a Canon camera, not a phone, so no location tags associated with the file.

So we know it's recent, but not precisely where.

It's their studio in Vancouver- if you look it up you can see it's the same place. There's no doubt at all in my mind - AC/DC are in thwir recording studio with Brian and Phil Rudd. The latter is interesting as he was very crutical of Axl being in the band, and Axl made a couple of jokes at his expense when he didnthe promo interview with Angus, based around his 'having someone killed' scandal.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 06:28:59 AM »

It's their studio in Vancouver- if you look it up you can see it's the same place. There's no doubt at all in my mind - AC/DC are in thwir recording studio with Brian and Phil Rudd. The latter is interesting as he was very crutical of Axl being in the band, and Axl made a couple of jokes at his expense when he didnthe promo interview with Angus, based around his 'having someone killed' scandal.

I just want to be clear:

I totally believe that it is.

There's just nothing in the file that says it is.

Together again,
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 10:14:39 AM »

I just want to be clear:

I totally believe that it is.

There's just nothing in the file that says it is.

It's not being negative or anything. But as things stand we have nothing in the file.

It really is as simple as that. Have you ever been to some party where pictures were taken. That could be the studio or just an average party.

If pics were taken why aren't there any others but one single shot. Maybe it was a short party or a studio session. Studio time is expensive and you can't waste it by mocking around.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 10:42:36 AM »

Even as an AC/DC fan who often defends Brian from criticism, I feel like he's said everything he had to say anyway. Hell, he hasn't written lyrics since 1988. Axl would have brought a fresh energy and ideas, not to mention a new sound that I think worked wonderfully, to the band and I was really hoping to hear some kind of collaboration. But again, this doesn't rule out Angus continuing as a solo artist and maybe working with Axl in that capacity. I guess I'm just not as reverent of the band name as some fans are. I can deal with Guns having a whole new lineup except Axl and Dizzy without feeling like the AFD legacy is ruined somehow by it. Things change, that's just life. Hell, even an individual person can change radically over a lifetime, while they are still the same person regardless, so to expect a band to remain exactly as it was to begin with (or at its peak), is just silly IMO.

Well...so we can substitute Axl with another great singer, so maybe we can have a gnr album every year. rofl rofl

Axl doesn't belong to Ac Dc. I think it was great, really great, what he achieved with that tour but that's it. I hope he'll push his voice with gnr as much as he did with ac dc, one more time before he can't sing anymore. That would be enough for me  beer (plus a studio album with slash and duff and maybe steven, obviously)

Angus is totally right having back his old pal (if he can sing in studio, at least ). I'd like to listen Axl + Brian on a studio song, i know it's not ac dc style but...who knows  hihi I feel like Angus owes something to Axl and they look like they are in good terms if not friends so...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 12:00:12 PM »

I know this news may be disappointing to some, but I have a crazy idea.  It's a little out there, so bear with me.  What if Axl put out new music with HIS band? Thoughts?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: