Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No Axl/DC anymore?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Axl/DC anymore?  (Read 14668 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2018, 04:48:45 PM »

Just throwing it out there, but I wonder if Angus asked Axl to do a record and Axl declined for one reason or another. Most of the rumors were suggesting an Axl/Angus record and then out of the blue Brian's back.

Don't forget that Axl did guest vocals on a couple tracks for Seb Bach before ChiDem was released and as far as we know, it was a drama-free affair. I'm sure he could have put something together for Angus without getting too 'obsessive' about it. Most of the negative stories about Axl are decades old at this point.

It may have been considered, but with the bitching from certain AC/DC fans, Angus must have changed his mind.

How would you know that exactly? (Rhetorical question)  Roll Eyes

Hey...look who's back.

I'm going to go ahead and lean on the past 27 years of GNR history.

You can lean on...I don't know, just being contrarian?  Good luck with all that.

The past 27 years of GNR history have netted us a grand total of 15 new songs, and a demo from 1986 that may or may not have been touched up.  Those are the facts.  And of those 15 new songs, 14 of them came out in 2008, but we know some of those vocal tracks were as far back as 1999. 

So...yeah.  Doens't really support that our pal Axl is a workaholic.

I think the final vocals were recorded in 2005-2007. His voice had zero rasp around the new millennium.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
1980Invasion
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2018, 02:48:37 PM »

I read something,somewhere from an obviously unconfirmed source but they implied that Brian signed in for the album,a tribute record to Malcom. Nothing more. Do people seriously think Johnson is magically able to tour and front one of the loudest bands on the planet without risk again?I believe we’ve seen the last of Brian playing live with the band and we have not seen the last of Axl/DC. Recording tracks for a record is viable without risking his health. I also am pretty certain there were unconfirmed Axl sighting in time just prior to the photo release. Apologies to if I missed someone else post any of this information.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »

I read something,somewhere from an obviously unconfirmed source but they implied that Brian signed in for the album,a tribute record to Malcom. Nothing more. Do people seriously think Johnson is magically able to tour and front one of the loudest bands on the planet without risk again?I believe we’ve seen the last of Brian playing live with the band and we have not seen the last of Axl/DC. Recording tracks for a record is viable without risking his health. I also am pretty certain there were unconfirmed Axl sighting in time just prior to the photo release. Apologies to if I missed someone else post any of this information.

The mention of Axl was a misunderstood joke. The guy essentially said "I would like to announce that I saw Axl at the studio with them. ... but I can't because it was Brian." The way he worded it made everyone think Axl was spotted there.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2018, 05:48:45 AM »

Yeah, I believe it! I mean, it certainly looks lile Brian is back, and I'm sure I saw him talking avout some new hearing thing he has now. I can see them touring for sure.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 08:01:57 AM »

Didn't they come up with hearing protection for Brian on stage and his condition also had improved? I want to say I heard that somewhere a year or so ago.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

the album will be what Back In Black was to Bon Scott, a tribute in memory to Malcolm, so I suppose that's
the most logical thing to do to record it with AC/DC members who has history with him and the whole band.

that's probably why we see Cliff Williams, Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd are back...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 11:36:59 PM »

Didn't they come up with hearing protection for Brian on stage and his condition also had improved? I want to say I heard that somewhere a year or so ago.

There was a kind of hearing aid developed with supposedly much better technology than what existed before, but it still can only do so much, as hearing damage is permanent. That would make it more possible for him to record at a manageable volume and just live his life, but do nothing to protect his hearing onstage at concert volume.

1980Invasion
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2018, 06:01:05 PM »

Exactly.   The chances of him playing live are slim and none in my estimation. But I’m nobody.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: