Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash Speaks! - New Rolling Stone Interview
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Speaks! - New Rolling Stone Interview  (Read 7556 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« on: August 14, 2018, 05:14:32 PM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/slash-speaks-inside-the-guns-n-roses-reunion-and-his-new-album-710144/

All in all, a pretty great interview.  They ask a lot of questions we've been waiting for. Pretty cold/cagey response in regard to new music from Guns, seems like it might be a sore spot...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:30:40 PM »

So are you in Guns N’ Roses, or are you just playing with Guns N’ Roses?

Oh, that’s an interesting question. From the moment we started playing together and embarking on this journey, I would consider it being in Guns N’ Roses, not just being hired to play Guns N’ Roses songs.

I like this answer.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:45:38 AM »

I'm not sure what to make of this interview.

He seems a little cagey about GNR and their future.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:37:02 AM »

IDK about cagey?

It seems more like he literally knows that everything that is said in the press is misconstrued and misinterpreted - and as the band is obviously having a great time and is hugely successful, why muddy the water? Take it for what it is.

Adding to the fact that the interview is obviously to promote his new album, rather than GN'R...
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 08:47:51 AM »

Rolling Stone is such a politically charged garbage and nothing new from this interview  confused

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 09:06:24 AM »

IDK about cagey?

It seems more like he literally knows that everything that is said in the press is misconstrued and misinterpreted - and as the band is obviously having a great time and is hugely successful, why muddy the water? Take it for what it is.

Adding to the fact that the interview is obviously to promote his new album, rather than GN'R...

Yes, but the interview largely focuses on Guns (not his new album) because that's really all anyone cares about.  "if something happens, then it happens."  This does sound cagey, like he knows there are no plans for any new Guns material, but he can't say that, so he has to tip toe an answer that makes it sound like anything could happen...sometimes...maybe. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 09:10:47 AM »

IDK about cagey?

Yes, but the interview largely focuses on Guns (not his new album) because that's really all anyone cares about.  "if something happens, then it happens."  This does sound cagey, like he knows there are no plans for any new Guns material, but he can't say that, so he has to tip toe an answer that makes it sound like anything could happen...sometimes...maybe. 

No, it sounds like he just doesn't want to give answers that will be taken as definite answers because he knows the results if he does.

Either people will go on about how he "promised a new GN'R album soon", or how they're "just a touring act".

So, by taking the middle road, he chose the best option at this moment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 09:46:25 AM »

So are you in Guns N’ Roses, or are you just playing with Guns N’ Roses?

Oh, that’s an interesting question. From the moment we started playing together and embarking on this journey, I would consider it being in Guns N’ Roses, not just being hired to play Guns N’ Roses songs.

I like this answer.
The single most important and revealing answer he has given about GN'R. That indirectly says everything about how he views GN'R and his role in it. It's very positive, IMO.

I liked his answer about Richard too.

Ali
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 09:49:40 AM »

IDK about cagey?

No, it sounds like he just doesn't want to give answers that will be taken as definite answers because he knows the results if he does.

Either people will go on about how he "promised a new GN'R album soon", or how they're "just a touring act".

So, by taking the middle road, he chose the best option at this moment.

/jarmo

yep, he did the same when was asked about gnr  reunion by that swedish reporter. They are in their 50s they just do what they want to do when it’s the right time.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 10:09:50 AM »

Rolling Stone is such a politically charged garbage and nothing new from this interview  confused

That's a bit unfair - it's actually a great interview, in terms of the questions asked. The interviewer doesn't just ask 'easy questions' and pushes him a bit on certain things.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 10:11:10 AM »

IDK about cagey?

Two ways of reading it I suppose - maybe I was viewing it as him being cagey, when in fact there just isn't much to say.....

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »

The worst thing Slash could have done was basically suggest that this was just a job, a nice payday, and while it was fun...not something is heart is really in.

So for him to say "I consider myself in Guns N' Roses", that (at least to me) suggest that he both seems them as a real band and is happy to be a part of it.

Now, the ball is in Axl's court.  If nothing happens with anything new, that won't be on Slash.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 10:40:56 AM »

The worst thing Slash could have done was basically suggest that this was just a job, a nice payday, and while it was fun...not something is heart is really in.

So for him to say "I consider myself in Guns N' Roses", that (at least to me) suggest that he both seems them as a real band and is happy to be a part of it.

Now, the ball is in Axl's court.  If nothing happens with anything new, that won't be on Slash.

I just don't know what will happen without a renewed focus on something though, following the November dates. I honestly can't see them adding more now, as he mentions SMKC going out in January....so what does that leave? Another run-around for GNR late 2019? Surely too early to hit the same markets.....

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »

"If it happens, it happens." just sounds so grim to me, seeing how they're two and a half years into the tour. If plans for new music haven't at least been "outlined" at this point, I think it's safe to say that it's likely not in the cards.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 12:23:33 PM »

IDK about cagey?

Exactly.

For a guy who's gotten in trouble, to some extent, for things he's said in the press before...he's rightfully being a bit guarded.  Because if he's not, there will be some flashy headline touting some GnR/Axl "slight" to drive clicks and sell paper.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »

I just don't know what will happen without a renewed focus on something though, following the November dates. I honestly can't see them adding more now, as he mentions SMKC going out in January....so what does that leave? Another run-around for GNR late 2019? Surely too early to hit the same markets.....

While the market is similar in a way, there are a lot of sports venues in Europe they haven't played yet. Those places can be filled because people will want to go when it hits their whereabouts.

I live next to a 40.000 stadium not done yet and I can think of a few other places around ok
cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 02:21:05 PM »

Have to say the interviewer was trying really hard to dig up some kind of trash, start something, somewhere, with anybody.  Sorry folks there just ain't any.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 04:43:55 PM »

LOL, I love how right wingers call liberals snowflakes, but get this worked up over the mere existence of... Rolling Stone?  rofl

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 04:57:47 PM »

Great interview!

I am happy for Slash that he is in a happy place now.

I had no idea he was so unhappy in VR. I saw them 4 times and the unhappiness never showed except the last time which was two months before the band broke up. That show was obvious that tensions were high but they went on the stage and kicked ass as usual. But it is weird to read that he has no positive thoughts about that period.

New GNR music: I think the attitude is healthy. It  will be if it is meant to be.

Very diplomatic on Izzy situation and the how behind reunion with Axl. The man has grown up.

Thanks for posting!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 05:44:00 PM »

Their politics is extremely one sided and not at all enlightening on the side they present.

But I  thought it was a great interview with Slash. Some good stuff in there & It wasn't all a bunch of softball questions.   

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: