Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash Speaks! - New Rolling Stone Interview
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Speaks! - New Rolling Stone Interview  (Read 7536 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »

Rolling Stone is such a politically charged garbage and nothing new from this interview  confused

LOL, I love how right wingers call liberals snowflakes, but get this worked up over the mere existence of... Rolling Stone?  rofl

Their need for safe spaces is amusing, ironic, and hypocritical all at once.

And RS does good media/entertainment coverage, usually. Not great, like in their heyday,  but good.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »

I just don't know what will happen without a renewed focus on something though, following the November dates. I honestly can't see them adding more now, as he mentions SMKC going out in January....so what does that leave? Another run-around for GNR late 2019? Surely too early to hit the same markets.....

Another summer tour in 3-4 years.  That's about the best we are going to do.

And if they have any doubts about ticket sales, that's solved by the inclusion of one word : FAREWELL.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »

I just don't know what will happen without a renewed focus on something though, following the November dates. I honestly can't see them adding more now, as he mentions SMKC going out in January....so what does that leave? Another run-around for GNR late 2019? Surely too early to hit the same markets.....

And if they have any doubts about ticket sales, that's solved by the inclusion of one word : FAREWELL.

Sadly, that word will exactly work. That has been done in the past by others and it simply works.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »

Sadly, that word will exactly work. That has been done in the past by others and it simply works.

Works all the time...without bands even needing to say it. I constantly hear "might be the last chance to see..." from people. It's been said about every Rolling Stones tour since the 1980s!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »

Works all the time...without bands even needing to say it. I constantly hear "might be the last chance to see..." from people. It's been said about every Rolling Stones tour since the 1980s!

Well I didn't go see GN'R in 1993 because I figured I'd catch them the next time....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 01:11:49 PM »

Well I didn't go see GN'R in 1993 because I figured I'd catch them the next time....

/jarmo

Haha! I missed that too.....parents weren't keen on the idea of letting me go at such an impressionable age! Had to wait until 2002. Not missed a chance since though....and I can't see me missing any in the future, no matter how things work out. 

I've enjoyed the hell out of the last couple of years, I have to say. But then I've enjoyed every single stage of being a fan of this band!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:13:45 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2018, 02:04:27 PM »

Rolling Stone is such a politically charged garbage and nothing new from this interview  confused

LOL, I love how right wingers call liberals snowflakes, but get this worked up over the mere existence of... Rolling Stone?  rofl

you're hilarious aren't you?  ok

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2018, 05:51:13 PM »

Their need for safe spaces is amusing, ironic, and hypocritical all at once.

And RS does good media/entertainment coverage, usually. Not great, like in their heyday,  but good.

Yeah, there's no Hunter Thompson anymore, but Matt Taibbi is fantastic and was very much inspired by Thompson. Other than that, I don't read it much but this was a good interview, and obviously the ones they did with Axl and Slash back in the '90s were fantastic.

you're hilarious aren't you?  ok

Who's joking?  Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: