Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff to play at The Johnny Ramone Tribute on Sunday, Aug 26, 2018
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff to play at The Johnny Ramone Tribute on Sunday, Aug 26, 2018  (Read 1517 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: August 22, 2018, 02:57:24 PM »

https://www.laweekly.com/music/stars-turn-out-again-to-pay-tribute-to-johnny-ramone-9770612

----

Actress Traci Lords will be hosting Sunday's event, which is appropriate because she sang on a cover of “Somebody to Love” on the Ramones album Acid Eaters. Steve Jones will return to perform, and he’ll be joined by Fred Armisen (Portlandia), Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses) and Duff’s daughter Grace (The Pink Slips).

Duff McKagan says that, while he has a long history as a Ramones fan, he didn’t ever meet Johnny, though he feels that he’s gotten to know him through Linda.

“Pre-Guns, I was a drummer, a bass player and a guitar player all at once,” McKagan says. “I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to play. I played drums in The Fastbacks in 1979 when I was 14. When I moved down here and Guns formed, and I realized I was going to be a bass player, it was definitely a mix between Dee Dee Ramone and Randy Rampage of DOA, who just passed. Add some Cameo in there and you’re good to go. …  Johnny was a deity, a god. I don’t know if I wanted to meet him — it’s fucking Johnny Ramone.”

McKagan is looking forward to jamming on the night while paying tribute to one of his heroes. At the same time, he knows that there’s the important business of raising money for great causes to attend to.

“If I can do anything that raises money for medical research, homelessness or whatever, I’ll do it and it’s always an honor,” he says.

----

Tickets: https://www.johnnyramone.com/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: