Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:47:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to play in Honolulu, Hawaii on December 8th, 2018
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to play in Honolulu, Hawaii on December 8th, 2018  (Read 18660 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: October 05, 2018, 01:13:24 PM »

Guns N' Roses @gunsnroses
HAWAII!
We're coming for you for the first time ever on December 8th...
Tickets go on sale next Friday, October 12th. Visit http://gunsnroses.com/tour  for more information!

Edit: Changed subject. /jarmo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:33:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 01:15:30 PM »

Guns N' Roses @gunsnroses
HAWAII!
We're coming for you for the first time ever on December 8th...
Tickets go on sale next Friday, October 12th. Visit http://gunsnroses.com/tour  for more information!

Ha! Nice early surprise for my birthday.  Cheesy

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »

Guns N' Roses Announce First Ever Hawaii Show In The Band's History As Part Of Larger-Than-Life "Not In This Lifetime Tour"

ROCK LEGENDS HAVE NEVER BEEN HOTTER ON THE ENORMOUSLY SUCCESSFUL WORLDWIDE RUN

- Tickets On Sale To General Public Starting Friday, October 12th at LiveNation.com -

- Citi Presale Begins Monday, October 8th -

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Guns N' Roses and their outrageously successful Not In This Lifetime Tour have dominated the globe and are continuing the incredible whirlwind by announcing their first show ever in the state of Hawaii. The Southern California rock band will bring one of the most ambitious tours in rock & roll to the paradise city of Honolulu, playing for thousands of fans at Aloha Stadium on Saturday, December 8th. The historic show will be a can't miss event for fans all across the Hawaiian islands and the entire west coast of the USA. Tickets are on sale to the general public starting Friday, October 12th at 10:00am HST at Ticketmaster.com and at the Aloha Stadium box office.   

Citi is the official presale credit card of the Not In This Lifetime Tour. As such, Citi cardmembers will have access to purchase presale tickets beginning Monday, October 8th at 10:00am HST until Thursday, October 11th at 9:00pm HST through Citi's Private Pass program. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

Since kicking off the behemoth Not In This Lifetime Tour in 2016, the surly rulers of rock have brought the exhilarating phenomenon of a show to stadiums, arenas, and festivals around the world including North America, Europe, Asia, South Africa, Mexico, and more. It has become one of the highest grossing and most successful tours of all time. This year alone, the band has performed at 14 stadiums as part of the run and five summer festival headlining slots across Europe. In 2017, the first European leg of the Not In This Lifetime Tour sold over 1 million tickets becoming the year's most successful tour, once again reaffirming the insatiable appetite for rock & roll. Produced and promoted by Live Nation, eager fans around the world have turned out in droves to hear the power of Axl Rose's lethal vocals, searing guitar riffs from Slash, and Duff's signature moody bass lines. 

Following the group's 1985 formation, Guns N' Roses injected unbridled, unrivalled, and unstoppable attitude into the burgeoning Los Angeles rock scene. The spirit went on to captivate the entire world with the release of their 1987 debut Appetite for Destruction –the best-selling U.S. debut ever, moving 30 million copies globally.  In 1991, the seven-time platinum Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II occupied the top two spots of the Billboard Top 200 upon release. Over the course of the past decade,

Guns N' Roses have performed sold out shows and headlined festivals worldwide following the critically acclaimed release of 2008's RIAA platinum-certified Chinese Democracy. Six studio albums later, Guns N' Roses are one of the most important and influential acts in music history and continue to set the benchmark for live performances connecting with millions of fans across the globe. Guns N' Roses' are Axel Rose (vocals, piano), Duff McKagan (bass), Slash (lead guitar), Dizzy Reed (keyboard), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitar), Frank Ferrer (drums), and Melissa Reese (keyboard). 

Upcoming Guns N' Roses Not In This Lifetime Tour Dates:

Saturday, November 3 Monterrey, MX Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)
Thursday, November 8 Jakarta, ID GBK Stadium
Sunday, November 11 Manila, PH Philippine Arena
Wednesday, November 14 Kuala Lumpur, MY Surf Beach, Sunway Lagoon
Saturday, November 17 Taipei, TW Taoyuan International Baseball Stadium
Tuesday, November 20 Hong Kong, HK Asia World Expo Arena
Wednesday, November 21 Hong Kong, HK Asia World Expo Arena
Sunday, November 25 Abu Dhabi, AE Du Arena
Thursday, November 29 Johannesburg, ZA FNB Stadium
Saturday, December 8 Honolulu, HI Aloha Stadium

www.gunsnroses.com
#GnFnR

About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.

SOURCE Live Nation Entertainment

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »

This tour keeps going and going and going.....fantastic.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 04:19:07 AM »

This is good but don't misspell the lead vocal's name when reporting ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 07:01:29 AM »

This is good but don't misspell the lead vocal's name when reporting ok

Haha. Yeah..... That was the official press release!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 10:06:28 PM »

That's a lot of time zones in a short period. Their body clocks are going to be crazy. Mexico to Indonesia? Then later, Hong King to UAE? Then South Africa to Hawaii? Wow. 

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 09:10:29 AM »

That's a lot of time zones in a short period. Their body clocks are going to be crazy. Mexico to Indonesia? Then later, Hong King to UAE? Then South Africa to Hawaii? Wow. 

It'll be interesting for sure!

Time zone in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico (GMT-5) -> + 12 hours
Time zone in Jakarta, Indonesia (GMT+7)  -> + 1 hour
Time zone in Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines (GMT+8)
Time zone in Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (GMT+8)
Time zone in Taipei, Taiwan (GMT+8)
Time zone in Hong Kong (GMT+8) -> -4 hours
Time zone in Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates (GMT+4) -> -2 hours
Time zone in Johannesburg, South Africa (GMT+2) -> -12 hours
Time zone in Honolulu, HI, USA (GMT-10) 

/jarmo

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 12:02:13 PM »

This is a big discussion about time zones now in Europe because it looks certain that the stupidity of moving clocks twice a year will go away in the European Union.

But how much this really affects on the artist. Just go there and get sleep when there is a gap in the schedule. Do you really need to know the local time as long as someone does know when to get on the stage and how much time left to prepare.

I have no idea, just wondering.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 01:27:42 PM »

But how much this really affects on the artist. Just go there and get sleep when there is a gap in the schedule. Do you really need to know the local time as long as someone does know when to get on the stage and how much time left to prepare.

I have no idea, just wondering.

Of course it has an effect on people. It's not just the different time zones. It's the travel as well.

Your internal clock tells you to go sleep, but where you are it's noon. Sure, you can go sleep, but you might have work to do. Or after a show you're supposed to go back to the hotel and sleep, but your internal clock says it's afternoon...

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that time differences do affect people. Some more, some less.  Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 02:46:25 PM »

Every picture I have ever seen of the place is gorgeous, but there are definite drawbacks to living in Hawaii.

No pro sports, few concerts, crazy time change, etc.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 04:14:03 PM »

I booked my flight, trying to get Pit tickets on the citi pre-sale with no luck.....  might just go for a seat close to GA2.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
charliedontsurf
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 05:14:13 PM »

Hey guys - I'm looking at flying over for this show, but the start time will determine whether I go or not, as I have to fly out the same night. Thankfully there's a midnight flight.

On the website (http://alohastadium.hawaii.gov/event/guns-n-roses-larger-than-life-not-in-this-lifetime-tour/), it says start time is 6:00pm (Doors at 4:30pm).

This seems early to me. Can anyone confirm? Is there a venue curfew? Thanks a bunch in advance.  ok
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 08:04:04 PM »

This seems early to me. Can anyone confirm? Is there a venue curfew? Thanks a bunch in advance.  ok

I wouldn't know but historically on this tour the starting time has been as advertised. If they say that time then it is that.

Have a great show, unfortunately that is out of my reach crying
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 09:40:08 PM »

Hey guys - I'm looking at flying over for this show, but the start time will determine whether I go or not, as I have to fly out the same night. Thankfully there's a midnight flight.

On the website (http://alohastadium.hawaii.gov/event/guns-n-roses-larger-than-life-not-in-this-lifetime-tour/), it says start time is 6:00pm (Doors at 4:30pm).

This seems early to me. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, that's correct for now.

The start time isn't necessarily the start of GN'R's set.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 10:51:12 PM »

This is it right? The very last show of the Not In This Lifetime Tour?

Absolutely crazy ... after all the years of waiting for Chinese, all the band departures, I never thought I’d get to see Axl and Slash onstage toether ... been a wild ride...really thankful for the shows I got to go ..

I am sure they will be back ... but you never know ... Stuff happens ... if this is the last time ... really happy I was around to see it

Thank you GNR!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 01:41:25 AM »

This is it right? The very last show of the Not In This Lifetime Tour?

We don't know this.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »

I think it is done unless they do a one off in LA or Vegas around New Years to complete the circle.

On a side note, what are they doing this week? Chillin' on the beach in Hawaii?  yes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 11:42:26 AM »

I think it is done unless they do a one off in LA or Vegas around New Years to complete the circle.

On a side note, what are they doing this week? Chillin' on the beach in Hawaii?  yes

I haven't heard of any major sightseeing there. But it must be good to be home eventually. Surely on some weird island but at least home where they speak the same language peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 11:49:57 AM »

I think most people went home for a few days before flying to Hawaii.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: