Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:30:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to play in Honolulu, Hawaii on December 8th, 2018
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to play in Honolulu, Hawaii on December 8th, 2018  (Read 18545 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »

There's a massive leap between getting together on stage and playing songs and being in a studio creating new material. That takes bands that have been working together  uninterrupted a long, long time, let alone ones that haven't.

Good to remain optimistic, but it's crazy to think they're going to go into a studio and just bang out an album quickly. Even if they cancelled all their other plans and did nothing but focus on writing and recording in a studio I still believe it would be at least a few years away, if it ever even saw the light of day.

Exactly right.

I'd also add that if Slash and Duff have commitments all through 2019, that not only knocks out that year, you have to also assume they'd want a little downtime afterwards too.

So I think, at best, you are talking a starting point for a new album somewhere in 2020.

I think it more likely there is another tour in 2021 or 2022 - Guns N' Roses : Why The Hell Not, Right?

I'd go with this being the most likely scenario....with a live album maybe being released in the interim period.

When the band say "we're concentrating on the tour" that's exactly what they're doing. It's very odd that people expect a new album to appear out of nowhere, suddenly. That disregards not only GNR history, but also it's present. There seemed to be an expectation that one night of the tour they'd just reel out a brand new song....written and recorded where? Mid-flight from one city to another?!

I'm totally at a loss to see why anyone would expect an album anytime remotely soon. A cover version....again, maybe. There might be some truth in the T-Rex cover rumour, but even recording and producing that will take time.

Because there are no more gigs listed. That's why. Nothing more or less.

I'm a non-believer but I also try to understand why some people may believe in something.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2018, 11:36:28 AM »

There's a massive leap between getting together on stage and playing songs and being in a studio creating new material. That takes bands that have been working together  uninterrupted a long, long time, let alone ones that haven't.

Good to remain optimistic, but it's crazy to think they're going to go into a studio and just bang out an album quickly. Even if they cancelled all their other plans and did nothing but focus on writing and recording in a studio I still believe it would be at least a few years away, if it ever even saw the light of day.

Exactly right.

I'd also add that if Slash and Duff have commitments all through 2019, that not only knocks out that year, you have to also assume they'd want a little downtime afterwards too.

So I think, at best, you are talking a starting point for a new album somewhere in 2020.

I think it more likely there is another tour in 2021 or 2022 - Guns N' Roses : Why The Hell Not, Right?

I'd go with this being the most likely scenario....with a live album maybe being released in the interim period.

When the band say "we're concentrating on the tour" that's exactly what they're doing. It's very odd that people expect a new album to appear out of nowhere, suddenly. That disregards not only GNR history, but also it's present. There seemed to be an expectation that one night of the tour they'd just reel out a brand new song....written and recorded where? Mid-flight from one city to another?!

I'm totally at a loss to see why anyone would expect an album anytime remotely soon. A cover version....again, maybe. There might be some truth in the T-Rex cover rumour, but even recording and producing that will take time.

I'm a non-believer but I also try to understand why some people may believe in something.

It's setting themselves up for disappointment though. There is no way a band are going to drop a studio album, out of nowhere, during an extensive world tour. To think otherwise is just madness. If we hear nothing for, say, two years then OK, people can build up their hopes for a new album, but as it is right now? Nothing but disappointment awaits them. And that's not really GNR's fault! 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2018, 11:42:29 AM »

Exactly right.

It's setting themselves up for disappointment though. There is no way a band are going to drop a studio album, out of nowhere, during an extensive world tour. To think otherwise is just madness. If we hear nothing for, say, two years then OK, people can build up their hopes for a new album, but as it is right now? Nothing but disappointment awaits them. And that's not really GNR's fault! 

Of course but we don't really know how much some material could be nearly ready. Not done mid-air in some aeroplane but maybe during some boring times in some hotel room faraway from home.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2018, 12:37:11 PM »

Exactly right.

Of course but we don't really know how much some material could be nearly ready. Not done mid-air in some aeroplane but maybe during some boring times in some hotel room faraway from home.

They'll be knackered! 3 hour + shows, and the travel? That would tire out even a young man. I imagine the last thing they want to do is then try and write stuff! I think it's good to remain positive and open to all possibilities, but there's going to be a lot of very disappointed people. Best to limit expectations and be realistic, then if something happens, great!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »

Never been a fan of this stance.

Let me clarify.  I have never been a fan of the supposed nobility of believing in something with nothing to go on.  Because at the same time, directly or indirectly, the people that won't sign on are somehow demonized.  That is faulty logic.

The reality is that while the guys patched it up, and the good feelings do seem genuine and not just a front...present day Guns N' Roses is simply a business arrangement.  These guys are recouping some of the literal fortune they left on the table all the years they were not on  good enough terms to so much as your together.

But does that automatically translate to a restoration of the same creative spirit that drvoe the band 25-20 years ago?

Not really. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2018, 09:52:05 PM »

Never been a fan of this stance.

Let me clarify.  I have never been a fan of the supposed nobility of believing in something with nothing to go on.  Because at the same time, directly or indirectly, the people that won't sign on are somehow demonized.  That is faulty logic.

The reality is that while the guys patched it up, and the good feelings do seem genuine and not just a front...present day Guns N' Roses is simply a business arrangement.  These guys are recouping some of the literal fortune they left on the table all the years they were not on  good enough terms to so much as your together.

But does that automatically translate to a restoration of the same creative spirit that drvoe the band 25-20 years ago?

Not really. 

Axl may have lost his muse or his patience for the industry, and based on creative output, we shouldn't expect anything.  But then again, no one expected Axl and Slash to ever patch things up and take this band back on a world tour.  So that tells me anything is possible. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2018, 02:17:44 AM »

They'll be knackered! 3 hour + shows, and the travel? That would tire out even a young man. I imagine the last thing they want to do is then try and write stuff! I think it's good to remain positive and open to all possibilities, but there's going to be a lot of very disappointed people. Best to limit expectations and be realistic, then if something happens, great!

Slash wrote his last three albums while on tour.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2018, 07:56:41 AM »

Slash wrote his last three albums while on tour.

Really? I'm genuinely surprised by that.

Even so, I'd be willing to take any wager that we see no new album from GNR in 2019.

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2018, 08:41:25 AM »

Axl could easily email Slash ,Duff etc songs and ideas to work on next year during down time or when they are on the road with their side project's  no problem for these guys to multitask both Axl and Slash worked with different bands during the reunion tour so they could easily throw an album together and have it out in late 2019 followed by a tour in 2020 that's of course if they wanna continue as GnR.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »

Axl could easily email Slash ,Duff etc songs and ideas to work on next year during down time or when they are on the road with their side project's  no problem for these guys to multitask both Axl and Slash worked with different bands during the reunion tour so they could easily throw an album together and have it out in late 2019 followed by a tour in 2020 that's of course if they wanna continue as GnR.

"throw an album together" isn't really how GNR have worked in the past though!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »

Okay so some people in the GNR camp thought it was a good idea to post on December 7th a 38 seconds video using the image of an American-flagged battleship under fire by enemy aircraft with the message of "Get ready Hawaii..." to advertise tomorrow's show.  no

Guns N' Roses @gunsnroses
Last stop on the #NotInThisLifetime Tour...
Get ready Hawaii...

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »

I think it's supposed to symbolize resilience.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »

Could be a remembrance thing too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »

I liked the video....this is a big show today. Historic show along the lines of the last UYI show and the end to one of the top 5 most successful tours of all time. Think about it and show some respect for the achievement.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2018, 04:28:51 PM »

I think it's supposed to symbolize resilience.

/jarmo

I doubt that only because of the symbolism in the last 4 seconds of the video plus, you know, history and all that.

Guns N' Roses @gunsnroses
🤘HAWAII🤘

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 05:19:08 PM »

I haven't seen the video because I couldn't see any link to it Huh

But in any case I wouldn't over-analyse that. After all the show is started with guns firing. So just get ready for it and the battleship seems to be called USS Patience.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »

I haven't seen the video because I couldn't see any link to it Huh

It's on all of the GNR social media sites.  I took the screen grab from their twitter but it's also on their instagram & facebook.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2018, 12:23:40 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/hernan.pangilinan.1/videos/2652717518078672/

https://www.facebook.com/100012565424939/videos/585141911914651/

https://www.facebook.com/sha.leeh2/videos/2077645162295178/

https://www.facebook.com/meldz.pascual/videos/2404577362888973/

https://www.facebook.com/hirano1/videos/10217657953390822/

https://www.facebook.com/sha.leeh2/videos/2077615962298098/

https://www.facebook.com/hernan.pangilinan.1/videos/2652675874749503/

https://www.facebook.com/100012565424939/videos/585133645248811/

https://www.facebook.com/meldz.pascual/videos/2404565912890118/

https://www.facebook.com/colleen.heathokuma/videos/10156868719199293/

https://www.facebook.com/hirano1/videos/10217657781826533/

https://www.facebook.com/hirano1/videos/10217657781826533/

https://www.facebook.com/sonricksss/videos/2195948540724154/

https://www.facebook.com/hirano1/videos/10217657726825158/

https://www.facebook.com/hirano1/videos/10217657635382872/

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:57:02 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2018, 01:07:44 AM »

I was just wondering as this is the end of it all what will Gypsy and Jarmo do for the rest of their lives crying
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2018, 02:04:06 AM »

YESTERDAYS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: