Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:09:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SLASH On Current GN'R Lineup: 'It's This Really, Really Well-Oiled Machine That'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH On Current GN'R Lineup: 'It's This Really, Really Well-Oiled Machine That'  (Read 9020 times)
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »

Never met Bumblefoot (or any of the members of the band - much to my constant disappointment!) but he always came across as a decent guy in terms of interactions with fans both online and in person. I liked, for example, that stage he went through when he hid signed albums around the venues for fans to find and discover: little things like that make things a bit different and interesting for fans.

There was obviously some sort of disconnect though; and I found that quite surprising as a fan, as I never got that impression when I saw him onstage. He always looked to be engaged and enjoying it.

Perhaps his way of working (which seems to involve a lot of recording and releasing music) just wasn't compatible with how GNR were operating? Who knows.

Really though, if he did have any complaints, he's been pretty quiet on the whole about them, which seems respectful enough. OK, there has been the odd suggestion he wasn't happy, but nothing more than that. I thought he brought a lot to the band, I loved seeing him live, and really, good luck to him.

In terms of him fitting in with GNR as they are now: no chance. Leaving aside any happiness/personality issues we may wish to speculate on,  his style I don't think would go with the band at all. He's got a pretty unique sound, and I don't think it could work alongside Slash really.

I wonder sometimes how close we were though to seeing multiple musicians going on tour (Duff and Tommy, Bumblefoot and Ashba etc) who played for some songs and not others. I find it hard to believe that had Bumblefoor and Ashba not chose to leave they would have been pushed aside for Slash; I think all of them would have remained, to some degree.

Well said, I agree completely.
Wasn't Tommy pushed aside for Duff, and DJ for Slash?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »

I don't know all the details, nor do I pretend to understand it all.

But looking at things, in my opinion of the three guitar players that were in the band in 2014, Richard is the perfect fit to be in the band now.

As I mentioned earlier, Bumblefoot was already acting in a way that I don't think would be described as well oiled, or smooth sailing... Just an observation.

If Dj had stayed, would he have liked to share the stage with Richard and Slash? I don't know. If he had stayed, would it have been as great as it's now? I don't know.
Although I suspect some would bring up the old "why do they need three guitar players" question if he had....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2018, 09:17:11 AM »

Never met Bumblefoot (or any of the members of the band - much to my constant disappointment!) but he always came across as a decent guy in terms of interactions with fans both online and in person. I liked, for example, that stage he went through when he hid signed albums around the venues for fans to find and discover: little things like that make things a bit different and interesting for fans.

There was obviously some sort of disconnect though; and I found that quite surprising as a fan, as I never got that impression when I saw him onstage. He always looked to be engaged and enjoying it.

Perhaps his way of working (which seems to involve a lot of recording and releasing music) just wasn't compatible with how GNR were operating? Who knows.

Really though, if he did have any complaints, he's been pretty quiet on the whole about them, which seems respectful enough. OK, there has been the odd suggestion he wasn't happy, but nothing more than that. I thought he brought a lot to the band, I loved seeing him live, and really, good luck to him.

In terms of him fitting in with GNR as they are now: no chance. Leaving aside any happiness/personality issues we may wish to speculate on,  his style I don't think would go with the band at all. He's got a pretty unique sound, and I don't think it could work alongside Slash really.

I wonder sometimes how close we were though to seeing multiple musicians going on tour (Duff and Tommy, Bumblefoot and Ashba etc) who played for some songs and not others. I find it hard to believe that had Bumblefoor and Ashba not chose to leave they would have been pushed aside for Slash; I think all of them would have remained, to some degree.

Well said, I agree completely.
Wasn't Tommy pushed aside for Duff, and DJ for Slash?

I don't believe that was the case. From what I've gathered both chose to leave the band for their own reasons, personal or professional. I may well be wrong though.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »

I'm sure it was frustrating for Bumblefoot ,Ashba and Stinson not to be doing new music no doubt they were advised by Axl and management to keep the pretence up that they were raring to go and they were working on ideas blah blah the way Duff and Slash are feeding the same mantra now ,whether the band continue in its current form next year is open to debate but I can't see Slash and Duff hanging around if they are to continue solely as a nostalgic act.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 06:06:31 AM »

SLASH On Returning To GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Turned Out To Be One Of The Greatest Things That I Ever Did'

October 20, 2018

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash was recently interviewed by syndicated radio DJ Theresa Rockface. The full conversation can be seen below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

------

On GUNS N' ROSES playing the VELVET REVOLVER song "Slither" live:

Slash: "It was cool to do it. In a way, I think it was sort of cathartic for Duff [McKagan] and I to be doing it. Scott [Weiland] was always very supportive of the idea of GUNS getting back together, and I was such the anti-GUNS guy. I have to be honest. It was just me being stubborn and whatnot, so it was great being up there performing that song, something that we did with Scott, and [since] he had always thought that we should get back together, it had a combination of little things to it."

On why he's continuing to perform with THE CONSPIRATORS:

Slash: "I'd been doing this thing with Myles and the guys since 2010. That was basically what I was doing aside from different side projects. That was the main thing, so when GUNS came along, that was huge, and it turned out to be one of the greatest things that I ever did, but at the same time, I didn't want to quit this relationship that I'd established and the chemistry I'd discovered with these guys. Great chemistry with musicians doesn't happen very often. You're lucky to have it happen once, and I'm fortunate enough to have it happen twice. I wasn't going to disband that just so I could focus on GUNS full-time, because GUNS doesn't take up every hour of the day, and I will squeeze in those extra hours to do something working with Myles and those guys."

----

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-returning-to-guns-n-roses-it-turned-out-to-be-one-of-the-greatest-things-that-i-ever-did/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 06:23:47 PM »

Yeah, about that well oiled thing.  Starting on time is good, not burning up the Dizzy and Melissa with the piro is good, got the music down.  I mean it's good but it's too good.  It's professional.  Can they fuck up once in a while?  Really miss Tommy, he took all the fun with him when he left the stage.  Not that he fucked up but he was fun to watch.

I hear you, where's the raw GN'R we knew and loved?

*look at us, getting the band together and complaining about the shows being too perfect  hihi

hihi peace

But really, that sort of comes to your mind a little sometimes. Like now this last leg I went to three consecutive gigs. It's like watching the same movie all over again but I don't mind.

I've seen this show seven times now and will go next summer if and when it's announced but let's see to how many.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: