Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Locked and Loaded Flash Sale
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Locked and Loaded Flash Sale  (Read 6286 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« on: October 31, 2018, 03:15:12 PM »

For those that don't already know, the Locked and Loaded Box Set (aka the Ultimate F'n Box) is having a flash sale right now!  $300 off the normal price!!!  Act now because this sale ends at midnight Pacific time.  But wait there's more!  If you order it from one of the websites below you can add a GNR Canada hockey jersey (two design options from the pop-up event), a GNR jean jacket (from the pop-up event), or a limited edition (only 100 made) GNR vinyl turntable for free!   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Act now!  ok beer drool

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/artist.html?a=guns_n_roses

https://ca.gnrmerch.com/

https://shop.umusic.ca/search.html?term=guns

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:44:23 AM »

For just one month rent, both GN'R amazing boxset AND a turntable!  drool

Not even sure if I'm being cynical or not, cause I really want these, despite the absurd price.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:37:09 AM »

Not even sure if I'm being cynical or not, cause I really want these, despite the absurd price.

I don't know how to even be cynical anymore. Suddenly 300 off just like that. What will the price be in few years' time.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:40:40 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »

I wonder if they'll go on clearance at some point. 10,000 was an ambitious production run for such an expensive item.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 09:34:45 AM »

I ordered my Locked N' Loaded box on October 18, so just 2 weeks before Halloween. I feel like I've been cheated and I guess I'm not the only one  no
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 10:09:02 AM »

I ordered my Locked N' Loaded box on October 18, so just 2 weeks before Halloween. I feel like I've been cheated and I guess I'm not the only one  no

That's rough - I did wonder if anyone fell into that category actually.

I think there might be more discounts to come personally - I'd love to own it, but couldn't possibly afford it, even at the price it got reduced to, so selfishly I'm hoping it goes a lot lower...but I do feel for you.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
danielgnr
Opening Act

Human being

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:02 AM »

This is an insult to all the fans that were naive to buy this box when it was released.  As a die-hard GNR fan I really wanted this box - even when the price was extremely high - I thought this was going to be a sold-out.

We paid $1,000 and the fans from other countries paid even more, I live in Peru and ended paying around $1,600 (shipping and taxes included) after I got the Halloween email I felt really cheated, they decreased $300!!!!!  at some point I knew that if they weren't able to sell all the boxes the price was going to decrease, but I didn't imagine it was going to be a 30% discount!  now that the Halloween promo ended the "normal" price is $800!

I didn't have any hopes but I emailed the UMG store anyway, asking if we were going to get a refund and of course they said NO.

It this the way to treat to the most loyal fans?? they got greedy with this overpriced box, they knew it wasn't worth $1,000 but they knew the die-hard fans were going to be willing, needing this "exclusive" box and decided to screw us anyway, now that they can't sell more of this over-priced box they just decide to decrease the price, yeah, just like that.

I'm not buying more stuff from GN'R, ever!  over the years I had some discussions with other fans about what motivates this band, and now I see they were right.  GNR only cares about MONEY!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:55:52 AM by danielgnr » Logged

I'm not tryin' to make things worse but you're thinkin' in reverse
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 11:39:09 AM »

I'm not buying more stuff from GN'R, ever!  over the years I had some discussions with other fans about what motivates this band, and now I see they were right.  GNR only cares about MONEY!

No, no. It's not the band. Really, if you had a chance to ask Axl about this ridiculous sale he wouldn't have heard of it. Ask Melissa, she wouldn't even know some box is being sold.

It's all about the big machine which comes up with selling more and at what price they think will sell the most. It really isn't harder mathematics.

These aren't any conspiracy theories, it is just what it is. The world we live in.
danielgnr
Opening Act

Human being

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 11:55:30 AM »

No, no. It's not the band. Really, if you had a chance to ask Axl about this ridiculous sale he wouldn't have heard of it. Ask Melissa, she wouldn't even know some box is being sold.

It's all about the big machine which comes up with selling more and at what price they think will sell the most. It really isn't harder mathematics.

These aren't any conspiracy theories, it is just what it is. The world we live in.

C´mon, we can't be so blind... I'm am a HUGE fan myself, I'm not a hater, I'm not a Korn fan, I've been a die-hard fan for almost 30 years, but we need to stop putting Axl and the band in a pedestal.

The point is that they sell stuff under the GNR name, I don't care who's behind this ridiculous box, but it has GNR's name, what can I do? am I going to blame some unknown mogul?  If they are selling stuff under GNR's name is their responsibility.  And it's not like it was produced against their wishes, c'mon the book contains pics from "Axl personal files".

If someone is selling overpriced stuff using my name, how come is not my responsibility ?

troccoli
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 01:28:23 PM »

Agreed, the label wanted this as well and are making $ from it, but I assure you that at the very least, Slash and Duff know about the box.  Not sure if they know the price of course. 

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 02:49:02 PM »

Agreed, the label wanted this as well and are making $ from it, but I assure you that at the very least, Slash and Duff know about the box.  Not sure if they know the price of course. 

Slash said recently that the box might be quite expensive but it has shitload of cool stuff. He also said how cool it was to come up with the stuff to be included. Pricing is done by other people.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 03:22:09 PM »

This is nothing GN'R specific. That's how it's done. Multiple versions for every price range.

Maybe if music hadn't lost its value over the years, things would be different. But nowadays there's a lot of these box sets that come with all kinds of collectibles.

Obviously they're not aimed at the general fans....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »

This is an insult to all the fans that were naive to buy this box when it was released.  As a die-hard GNR fan I really wanted this box - even when the price was extremely high - I thought this was going to be a sold-out.

We paid $1,000 and the fans from other countries paid even more, I live in Peru and ended paying around $1,600 (shipping and taxes included) after I got the Halloween email I felt really cheated, they decreased $300!!!!!  at some point I knew that if they weren't able to sell all the boxes the price was going to decrease, but I didn't imagine it was going to be a 30% discount!  now that the Halloween promo ended the "normal" price is $800!

I didn't have any hopes but I emailed the UMG store anyway, asking if we were going to get a refund and of course they said NO.

It this the way to treat to the most loyal fans?? they got greedy with this overpriced box, they knew it wasn't worth $1,000 but they knew the die-hard fans were going to be willing, needing this "exclusive" box and decided to screw us anyway, now that they can't sell more of this over-priced box they just decide to decrease the price, yeah, just like that.

No one owes you anything.  If it was worth $1600 to you then, thats on you.  No one guaranteed it was selling out or wouldn't go on sale.  Like anything in life.  You want it early, you're going to pay more.  Don't blame the band for your buyer's remorse.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
danielgnr
Opening Act

Human being

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 07:27:36 PM »

No one owes you anything.  If it was worth $1600 to you then, thats on you.  No one guaranteed it was selling out or wouldn't go on sale.  Like anything in life.  You want it early, you're going to pay more.  Don't blame the band for your buyer's remorse.

Yeah, I saw this coming... "it's not the band's fault", "no one forced you to buy it", yeah, yeah... had to argue with fanatics, I'm a die-hard fan, but thank god I'm not a a fanatic... probably they didn't even buy the box; I don't think any hard working fan that paid $1,000 for this is happy to see that it's selling for $700 now... it has nothing to do with remorse, I was happy with the product it's just I don't like to be ripped off with $300...

And again, it has the band's name, it's being sold on the band's official website, yes, the same website that proudly shows that is managed by "Team Brazil", who in case someone doesn't know, are very close to Axl.  I'm not saying that Axl or Slash took my money, but someone is selling an overpriced product with THEIR names, their brand, their music on it.  They could do something about it if they wanted to, look at Metallica, they are selling really cool boxes with tons of unreleased material at a reasonable price, keeping their legions of fans (and not necessarily fans like me) happy.

Anyway, I'm not getting my money back, shit happens, lesson learned, I won't buy anything from the GNR store never again.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:29:21 PM by danielgnr » Logged

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 07:36:05 AM »

I'm surprised they had to put it on sale at all. I didn't buy it but I thought there was 10 000 people worldwide who would buy all copies at the pre-order already. It's not a rip-off, unless they actually are producing more than 10 000 boxes. Which I suppose can happen with products first marketed as limited to a certain number of copies. I saw an Youtube interview with Ace Frehley about some limited KISS product coming out and he chuckled "Don't belive it",about it being numbered and actually limitied in reality.

I hope and thinks this is not the case with this box. But if it was maybe the band is'nt in on it?

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
suicide
VIP

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 03:05:36 PM »

It's true, they don't owe me anything. But I still feel cheated and disappointed. Just like Danielgnr said I learned my lesson and for me this experience will unfortunately have an impact on future GN'R releases. When I buy an album on the release date I know the price will drop after a few weeks or months. But an album doesn't cost that much.

I couldn't afford the Locked N' Loaded box when it was released and started saving for it. When I finally had enough money I ordered the box. Then 2 weeks later there was the 30% discount and I felt gutted (still do) and I guess I'll always have bad feelings because of this when I look at the box and won't enjoy it the way is was ment to be enjoyed. I'll probably wait until the box is no longer available (if ever) and try to sell it again.
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 06:10:09 PM »

Hey everyone!  The sale is back on!  Get yours now!!!

For those that don't already know, the Locked and Loaded Box Set (aka the Ultimate F'n Box) is having a flash sale right now!  This sale ends on Tuesday from what I have been told.  But wait there's more!  From one of the websites below you can add a GNR Canada hockey jersey (two design options from the pop-up event), a GNR jean jacket (from the pop-up event), or a limited edition (only 100 made) GNR vinyl turntable for free!  There is also discounts on other GNR items so be sure to peruse the list  ok

Act now!  beer smoking

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/artist.html?a=guns_n_roses

https://ca.gnrmerch.com/

https://shop.umusic.ca/search.html?term=guns

wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 10:56:10 PM »

Also target has appetite album in red.  I just picked up two.  One to open and the other maybe when i’m 85:)....i am 45 now:)
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 08:56:35 AM »

No sympathy ,anyone who bought this has more money than sense essentially it's one album dissected into a million pieces with a load of decorations to fleece the most die hard of fans.I get most established bands like to put together a box set of their most celebrated albums but I've never seen one so ridiculously overpriced as the Locked N 'Loaded box .
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »

By the way, I'm not sure about the other two websites, but if you buy off of the musicvaultz website you will find a Black Friday bonus item in your cart!

troccoli
VIP

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 01:18:03 PM »

For anyone that does not live in North America and wants to buy this.  PM me stat!

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: