Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's Next
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's Next  (Read 29509 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« on: November 21, 2018, 05:02:42 PM »

The fall tour almost being over, what are the plans for GNR going into 2019.  While the tour has been amazing, will we finally get new music. With Slash and Duff back in the band for 2 and half years, band looks really good and functional.  Hopefully they will get in the studio and make a combo of leftover CD songs with some new songs. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully new music in 2019.

Rizzo160
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »

More shows here and there around the US.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »

I'd go for not much....then another tour in 3 years.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 11:39:57 PM »

My theory is that 2019 will be mostly quiet until the Terminator movie comes out. I think there will be a new GNR song for that movie. This will be the beginning of a new album. Myles will be also be heading back to  Alter Bridge at some point in 2019 for their new album.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 05:12:12 AM »

A European Tour will be announced in February.
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 08:06:47 AM »

I think we'll get news from them about new music. Maybe we'll get a new single on the fall.

I don't think they'll tour for 2019. Their focus should be the new stuff

And I hope it contains some CD/axl songs as well as some songs/compositions from Slash and Duff

CoMa UK
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »

Looks like they played exactly the same set at both HK shows so would hazard a guess that a live CD/BR from those shows to materialise down the line?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 11:19:08 AM »

Looks like they played exactly the same set at both HK shows so would hazard a guess that a live CD/BR from those shows to materialise down the line?

I can't see why they would choose the HK show over any other. Would seem an odd choice to me....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »

I can't see why they would choose the HK show over any other. Would seem an odd choice to me....

HK is a technologically advanced place. It's possible they have better source material from there compared to some other places.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:43 AM »

HK is a technologically advanced place. It's possible they have better source material from there compared to some other places.

Slash is also wearing the same outfit both nights. That would make sense if they want to use footage from both shows. Hk is as good as any other place to release a show.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »

Slash is also wearing the same outfit both nights. That would make sense if they want to use footage from both shows. Hk is as good as any other place to release a show.

If they were to release anything, why wouldn't it be a 2016 show when Axl was on fire?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »

Maybe because 2016 recordings are not good enough? Troubadour won't be released, and the filmed stadium shows were butchered, at least according to the reports. Poor camera angles, apparently the band didn't like it.

If they were to release anything, why wouldn't it be a 2016 show when Axl was on fire?
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 04:46:46 PM »

Maybe because 2016 recordings are not good enough? Troubadour won't be released, and the filmed stadium shows were butchered, at least according to the reports. Poor camera angles, apparently the band didn't like it.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »

Where are you getting that information from? Not heard anything ike that personally.

I feel it would be quite a shame if the shows from this leg were chosen for release really. I'd like to see aomething from earlier in the tour- or a compilation of highlights.

axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 09:40:32 PM »

We need remastered/restored gigs from UYI tour man. We need to see the band in his top!!!!! That shit gonna blow up our brains.

For the fans. We can put the money out to make the work. Personally i would buy a lot of that shit.

axlvai
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »

Where are you getting that information from? Not heard anything ike that personally.

I feel it would be quite a shame if the shows from this leg were chosen for release really. I'd like to see aomething from earlier in the tour- or a compilation of highlights.

See the below. This news made the rounds of the internet back in 2017. If they did only 3 cameras for the Dodgers stadium, I agree, that was a very poor job. And Fernando said on that other forum that the Troubadour shows will never be released either. That's why I'm thinking they don't really have anything of solid quality from 2016 and 2017.

http://www.alternativenation.net/production-company-pissed-guns-n-roses-fck-them/
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »

See the below. This news made the rounds of the internet back in 2017. If they did only 3 cameras for the Dodgers stadium, I agree, that was a very poor job. And Fernando said on that other forum that the Troubadour shows will never be released either. That's why I'm thinking they don't really have anything of solid quality from 2016 and 2017.

http://www.alternativenation.net/production-company-pissed-guns-n-roses-fck-them/

I'd take 3 cameras of a 2016 show over a recent one with more angles. Who cares how many angles there are? 3 is fine. I care about the performance.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 06:03:37 PM »

And Fernando said on that other forum that the Troubadour shows will never be released either.

Too bad. Troubadour seems like the obvious show to release.

Is it because of the (apparent) conflict with the production company?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »

And Fernando said on that other forum that the Troubadour shows will never be released either.

Too bad. Troubadour seems like the obvious show to release.

Is it because of the (apparent) conflict with the production company?

I'd bet the Troubadour show is better in theory than practice. The set was very short, the band probably weren't as tight as they later became, and Axl broke his ankle! Obviously it was a big moment in GNR history, but I'm not sure that it's faults wouldn't be apparent if it was professionally recorded. I'm happy to leave it as a cool thin for those that managed to go.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »

Well, let me google it for you:

https://www.gunsnroses.com/tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: