Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:38:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's Next
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's Next  (Read 29669 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 02:33:18 PM »

I think there will be an extended down time as Slash does his thing with Myles and Conspirators for most of 2019. I doubt there will be new music in 2019. I don't think we will get any substantive news about GNR until late 2019 or early 2020, and then possibly a new single in 2020 followed by a few shows in selected cities in USA that begin to introduce fans to new music. New album announced in late 2020 with full blown tour in 2021.

How's that for a crystal ball forecast?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 05:34:38 AM »

Not great
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 12:00:35 PM »

UYI 30 years is next. I want to buy that shit now! Blurays shows from the best tour ever. Stockholm 91, Sao Paulo 92, Colombia 92, Venezuela 92, St Petersburg 91, Czechoslovakia 92 and i can continue forever.

Raw mixes and rare takes for the UYI sessions, the Q-Sound mixes with perfect quality. 5.1 bluray audios with the tapes of that time (without addin new stuff). Videos making the UYI, Axl singing, the band playing.... etc. The UYI 3! With songs that never saw the lite.

I want that fkn box!! I want to colaborate NOW!! TAKE MY MONEY.

axlvai
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 10:01:36 PM »

Not great

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 11:34:31 AM »

Got quiet around here quick!

Whats's next is definitely the question. One new song on a soundtrack album would be huge as it would be a sign of things to come.

Was hoping for a live DVD/CD from this tour but looks like that may not happen due t the camera crew issues that were mentioned a page or so back.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »

What I don't get about 'what's next' is why the tease?  Why not just say something?  Anything!!!  Give us something to talk about in the meantime.  It's not like they haven't said/promised stuff in the past that didn't come to fruition or they had to walk back.  Like seriously, this tour was called "Not In This Lifetime"!!!  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 07:46:41 PM »

Agree, please don’t let it go months and months now without any information. Especially if they have something specific planned. If they plan on hitting the studio soon, it would be cool to let the fans know, even if they don’t have all the specifics down.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
cineater
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 10:47:18 PM »

What I don't get about 'what's next' is why the tease?  Why not just say something?  Anything!!!  Give us something to talk about in the meantime.  It's not like they haven't said/promised stuff in the past that didn't come to fruition or they had to walk back.  Like seriously, this tour was called "Not In This Lifetime"!!!  Roll Eyes

What do you mean the tease?  It's covered with a robe!  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 07:51:04 AM »

If Slash wasn't booked for 2019 I would assume that the question mark in Fernando's post is a hint that more gigs are coming next year ( under a different tour name maybe).... but who knows Huh

And I Just saw this on gnr.com/tour
"We are not done yet...shits just getting started"   beer
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 07:58:12 AM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 08:23:33 AM »

If Slash wasn't booked for 2019 I would assume that the question mark in Fernando's post is a hint that more gigs are coming next year ( under a different tour name maybe).... but who knows Huh

And I Just saw this on gnr.com/tour
"We are not done yet...shits just getting started"   beer

he's got dates until July - and it is a pretty relentless touring schedule! After that though, I suppose more GNR dates could be added for the second half of the year, but I really do think it's time for the tour to come to an end now, and I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »

Hopefully in January we will get a DVD from the tour.

Rizzo160
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 07:50:04 PM »

yeah I'm really hoping for a blu-ray/live album type thing from the tour.  I actually really liked how they did "Live Era" where they took songs from random shows as opposed to just one concert, I hope they do something like that.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:14 AM »

UYI 30 years is next. I want to buy that shit now! Blurays shows from the best tour ever. Stockholm 91, Sao Paulo 92, Colombia 92, Venezuela 92, St Petersburg 91, Czechoslovakia 92 and i can continue forever.

Raw mixes and rare takes for the UYI sessions, the Q-Sound mixes with perfect quality. 5.1 bluray audios with the tapes of that time (without addin new stuff). Videos making the UYI, Axl singing, the band playing.... etc. The UYI 3! With songs that never saw the lite.

Axl hates that era of the band.  I wouldn't hold my breath.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »

I think we'd probably have heard about it by now if it was happening.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 12:12:24 PM »

Axl hates that era of the band.  I wouldn't hold my breath.

I obviously can't speak for any of the behind the scenes stuff going on as to why Axl might not like that era, but as a fan, the Illusion era was immensely more interesting to me than the "Appetite" years.  I thought the albums were better and the shows were better. (always preferred Matt to Steven and I loved the addition of Dizzy Reed).  To me the Illusions were their defining moment that showed how limitless their potential was.

I know the long fabled documentary movie they were shooting from 1991-1993 is something I would definitely pay to see.  Hopefully that footage eventually sees he light of day, if it does indeed exist.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 01:00:32 PM »

I obviously can't speak for any of the behind the scenes stuff going on as to why Axl might not like that era, but as a fan, the Illusion era was immensely more interesting to me than the "Appetite" years.  I thought the albums were better and the shows were better. (always preferred Matt to Steven and I loved the addition of Dizzy Reed).  To me the Illusions were their defining moment that showed how limitless their potential was.

Oh, I'm right with you.

The UYI era and that tour is my go to memory of this band.  It's obviously not the CD era, for reasons too many to list, but it's not the AFD era either.

I think you nail it.  AFD era GNR is great.  But UYI era GNR shows far more creativity and variety.

I also prefer Matt to Steven.  The over romanticizing of Steven Adler is one of my least favorite roads I hear fans go down.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 01:39:44 PM »

Oh, I'm right with you.

The UYI era and that tour is my go to memory of this band.  It's obviously not the CD era, for reasons too many to list, but it's not the AFD era either.

I think you nail it.  AFD era GNR is great.  But UYI era GNR shows far more creativity and variety.

I also prefer Matt to Steven.  The over romanticizing of Steven Adler is one of my least favorite roads I hear fans go down.

I think for most of us veterans, we really got to appreciate the band while we were in our teenage years, and that in my case (and most oldies here) was during the Illusion years. I got to see GNR first time in 1992 (I was 16) and it meant the world to me. Yes, AFD is the their most successful album, but I grew up appreciating the Illusions more.

With the Illusions, I used to have a new favorite song every month, we had 30 to choose from, so that's 2 1/2 years worth!

Also during the Illusions era was when GNR this unstoppable force. Even before the Internet, they were everywhere. I remember buying all the music magazines (RIP, Metal Hammer, Kerrang) every time Axl or one of the boys was featured on the cover (and that happened literally every single month). When MTV used to play videos, GNR was always on heavy rotation. Then we had the Tokyo shows, the making off NR/DC... those were the days.

I was younger and used to get much excited about things. I  remember buying every bootleg that would come out. It was a fucking incredible time to be a fan.

And again...we had no internet.

There was no band bigger than GNR then. Not PJ, not Nirvana either. Yes, even when Grunge became huge, Guns was still selling stadiums in Europe and releasing singles/videos every other month. Every video from the Illusions had this level of anticipation I had not witnessed since the Michael Jackson's days.

So for me, even if Axl doesn't like it, the Illusion days catapulted GNR to fame (and excess and self-annihilation too), but it was a glorious time to be a fan.

And then there was silence... a 6 year silence.

In 1999, when OMG came out was one of the highlights of my life. I don't think I've ever anticipated anything with the level of excitement as the day I sat down to listen to "Oh My God" for the first time. I had just bought the EOD soundtrack and bought a CD player just to listen to it (no Spotify then). I was working in Washington DC then. I came home from work, biught the CD and listened to the song at least 20 times. I remember even today, I was shaking, I had shivers up and down my spine. It was a moment I'd never forget.

Then the Rio performances were awesome too. I remember downloading the songs off of Napster and waiting an all nighter just to download Madagascar! It was freaking awesome. But the level of anticipation for me was not as high as with OMG.

Years later, when some of the CD songs leaked, I was super pumped too. What a time to be a fan...

Then CD came out, I remember listening to the album three times in a row! My girlfriend at the time made fun of me after seeing me listening to Madagascar from CD sat on a meditation pose haha (you just can't make stuff up like that..)

I went to some of the CD shows, which were great, but the essence of the band was missing...

and that was brought back when Slash and Duff came back in 2016!

So yes, I love this band. Past and present incarnations. I can't wait to see if the current lineup will eventually release new music. If they do, I don't think my 40 plus year old heart will be able to cope with the emotion.

Anyway, I think I've gone off topic here...

Viva GNR! Once a fan, always a fan!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »

I think for most of us veterans, we really got to appreciate the band while we were in our teenage years, and that in my case (and most oldies here) was during the Illusion years. I got to see GNR first time in 1992 (I was 16) and it meant the world to me. Yes, AFD is the their most successful album, but I grew up appreciating the Illusions more.

With the Illusions, I used to have a new favorite song every month, we had 30 to choose from, so that's 2 1/2 years worth!

Also during the Illusions era was when GNR this unstoppable force. Even before the Internet, they were everywhere. I remember buying all the music magazines (RIP, Metal Hammer, Kerrang) every time Axl or one of the boys was featured on the cover (and that happened literally every single month). When MTV used to play videos, GNR was always on heavy rotation. Then we had the Tokyo shows, the making off NR/DC... those were the days.

I was younger and used to get much excited about things. I  remember buying every bootleg that would come out. It was a fucking incredible time to be a fan.

There was no band bigger than GNR then. Not PJ, not Nirvana either. Yes, even when Grunge became huge, Guns was still selling stadiums in Europe and releasing singles/videos every other month. Every video from the Illusions had this level of anticipation I had not witnessed since the Michael Jackson's days.

So for me, even if Axl doesn't like it, the Illusion days catapulted GNR to fame (and excess and self-annihilation too), but it was a glorious time to be a fan.

I agree with every word of this.  Likely because you and I are the same age, but you nailed it for anyone that lived it at the time.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »

I agree with every word of this.  Likely because you and I are the same age, but you nailed it for anyone that lived it at the time.

Very well said. I went to the US for the first time in my life in the summer of 1992. GNR was everywhere. I remember very well being in some big record store just thinking this is America, this is GNR. Of course, we had a lot of coverage in Europe as well but then being over there.

Those were the days.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:04:03 PM by Lord Stan » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2018, 03:16:17 PM »

Definitely...not the meditation pose bit though! I'm the same...although I didn't get to go to the Illusion tpur as I was just a  bit too young! Those 2002 shows though- that was really something for me! It was pretty imcredible growing up with GNR- I find that feeling difficult to express to people; quite HOW important it all was to me, as a teenager trying to find his place in the world.

Back on topic a bit though- I do have a feeling we might be entering a new period of nothing, and that our latience may be tested again, as it has in the past...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: