Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:44:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's Next
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's Next  (Read 29707 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »

Has Axl ever said that himself that he doesn't like that era? Or is it the assumption that thats the era the band started to disintegrate so thats why he wouldn't be happy with it? I always felt the UYI albums were more of Axls vision for GNR the Appetite was being able to grow musically and not stick to one type of sound you had everything on UYI.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »

Duff is reportedly scheduled to release a solo album in 2019!
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2018, 05:42:10 PM »

Looking forward to that! Hope he tours as well.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 12:13:24 AM »

Has Axl ever said that himself that he doesn't like that era? Or is it the assumption that thats the era the band started to disintegrate so thats why he wouldn't be happy with it? I always felt the UYI albums were more of Axls vision for GNR the Appetite was being able to grow musically and not stick to one type of sound you had everything on UYI.

He has called the making of those albums "not the happiest time".

He also had sole control over what was played live from 2001-2014.  UYI material outside the huge singles is simply not there.  Even once Slash and Duff came back, that didn't really change outside 'Double Talkin' Jive' and 'Coma', 2 songs Slash was big on.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2018, 03:24:05 AM »

He has called the making of those albums "not the happiest time".

He also had sole control over what was played live from 2001-2014.  UYI material outside the huge singles is simply not there.  Even once Slash and Duff came back, that didn't really change outside 'Double Talkin' Jive' and 'Coma', 2 songs Slash was big on.

I think it's just possible he also had a number of personal issues around that time.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 03:27:06 AM »

FYI, on the last tour, the number of songs from Appetite, in the setlist, is about the same as the number of Use Your Illusion songs.

I guess the logic is that since there are more songs on those albums, there should be more of them in the setlist.... Then you either cut down on something else or do a four hour show...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 06:14:08 AM »

Duff is reportedly scheduled to release a solo album in 2019!

A fun trivia here for you...

Duff's producer on his upcoming solo album is Shooter Jennings. He's fucking awesome. I've been devouring his albums on Spotify since the Summer. I was shocked when I saw Duff posting a few weeks ago Shooter was his producer. He's a country and southern rock singer, but grew up listening to GNR and he's a long time fan.

"...Sitting in a darkened Paradise Lounge in Boston recently before his gig in the big room next door, Jennings recounts how he and a few friends caravanned to the Sunset Strip with Guns N’ Roses in their eyes. “When I saw Axl (Rose) step off the bus with the hayseed in his mouth, I was sold right then,” he says of the classic “Welcome to the Jungle” video."

Him and Duff go way back. Apparently, he was offer the Velvet Revolver gig after Scott but turned it down. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/shooter-jennings-claims-he-was-offered-velvet-revolver-job-twice/

This is my favorite song for 2018. Even though it came out in 2013, I only heard this 6 months ago.

"I'm a motherfucking gunslinger..." "do you feel me punk.." not the most country lyrics I've heard...

Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evIqfWIpUjc

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:24:39 AM by Ignatius » Logged
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 08:12:44 AM »

I'm pretty confident Duff's album is gonna rule!!! |m|

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 12:44:11 PM »

I guess the logic is that since there are more songs on those albums, there should be more of them in the setlist.... Then you either cut down on something else or do a four hour show...  hihi

I don't think too many of us would have been broken hearted to lose 'Wichita Lineman', 'Black Hole Sun' or 'The Seeker' for, say...'Bad Obsession', 'Dead Horse', or 'Locomotive'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2018, 01:24:25 PM »

I don't think too many of us would have been broken hearted to lose 'Wichita Lineman', 'Black Hole Sun' or 'The Seeker' for, say...'Bad Obsession', 'Dead Horse', or 'Locomotive'.

Especially BHS. It should've been a cool tribute and then let it be.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2018, 03:41:04 PM »

Wichita Lineman was done originally as a tribute to Glen Campbell...just sayin. As for covers, Slither is a cover too....could be considered a tribute to Scott Weiland. Let's just be glad our boys have survived "the perils of rock and roll decadence" so far.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »

I'm going to take some hits for this, but The Seeker was one of the highlighta of the tour for me. They play it with loads of energy. I'd take it over Bad Obsession any day.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2018, 06:32:46 PM »

Let's just be glad our boys have survived "the perils of rock and roll decadence" so far.  peace

Let's just be glad. Impossible to even try to imagine the day when you hear some very bad news. It could be decades away but everyone's time will come.

I kind of like The Seeker but that means the show is ending and the song in itself doesn't mean anything to me as such but it's still quite cool.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2018, 07:29:36 PM »

Wichita Lineman was done originally as a tribute to Glen Campbell...just sayin. As for covers, Slither is a cover too....could be considered a tribute to Scott Weiland. Let's just be glad our boys have survived "the perils of rock and roll decadence" so far.  peace

IMHO, Axl's version of Wichita Lineman is absolutely beautiful.   
I was never a fan of Slither even when Scott/VR did it.  I would rather GNR do either Fall To Pieces or Set Me Free.

RIP Scott.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »

Especially BHS. It should've been a cool tribute and then let it be.

Agreed.  Really figured a shorter shelf life for that one.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »

I'm going to take some hits for this, but The Seeker was one of the highlighta of the tour for me. They play it with loads of energy. I'd take it over Bad Obsession any day.....

I like their version of 'The Seeker'.  Think Ax sounds good one it.

Would swap it out for a GNR original in a heartbeat.  But I do like it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »

I was never a fan of Slither even when Scott/VR did it.  I would rather GNR do either Fall To Pieces or Set Me Free.

From the very first time I heard 'Set Me Free', thought Axl would sounds cool on it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2018, 12:11:25 PM »

On the last tour, that wasn't really an option....

None of them were options. Unlike There Was A Time, Madagascar and so on....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »

Speaking of tour, I'm thinking the next one will start around Rock In Rio time, cover S AM and down under.  Hit N AM late fall/winter and Europe the following summer.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2018, 05:35:22 AM »

IMHO, Axl's version of Wichita Lineman is absolutely beautiful.   

RIP Scott.

I really enjoyed Witchita Lineman live a few months ago. I enjoyed it to the extent that I would like it to be on a cover album, including Dust in the wind, Sailing, its Alright and of course Whole lotta woman!  peace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: