Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:52:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] November 25th, 2018 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] November 25th, 2018 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates  (Read 9317 times)
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 08:17:57 AM »

The Flu and/or food poisoning really is the worst. good to see he is alright to go for the final 2 gigs and I like the "we'll be back".

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 11:00:04 AM »

just heard Shadow / Slither, both very good

ok

get well Ax

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 11:24:34 AM »

Some articles, which I won't credit with a link, seem to be suggesting it was the result of a backstage Axl/Slash fight. Surprised it took as long as it did for those sort of clickbait sites to go down that route actually....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »

Some articles, which I won't credit with a link, seem to be suggesting it was the result of a backstage Axl/Slash fight. Surprised it took as long as it did for those sort of clickbait sites to go down that route actually....

Sure, no links but what are the headlines reading though rant

Same here, I was expecting to see something but better late than never.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 05:10:06 PM »

I don't buy it. If he was pissed, I think he would go on late or not at all. I don't think he would cut the set short like that. I also find it hard to believe that things would go smoothly for 2.5 years and then a bump in the road.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »

Apparently the source is The Sun, which is something of a tabloid in the UK. They claim a disagreement occurred over money. The %'s each of Slash, Duff and Axl made after expenses likely was legally memorialized before touring started, so I don't buy it would be an issue now all of a sudden.

Ali
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 05:45:15 PM »

Slash and Duff were immediately on social media defending Axl so this conflict story is a bit of a reach.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 06:08:49 PM »

I dont think Duff would have tweeted abt Axl what he did if there was any truth to the Sun article.

Fake news.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »

I used to live in England for many years, I know all about The Sun Grin Angry

Many UK tabloids have actually a legal budget for running bullshit. Because even if they get sued they still make more money from those stories than the costs.

If this was 10 gigs in I would be a little worried but after 150+ without a hitch why do they even bother, a bunch of fuckin' idiots. They probably had a story ready from two years ago but never had a chance to use it because everything went so smoothly. So now's the chance.

And even if there was a problem about something as meaningless as money those ultimate professionals would've waited for a few weeks before putting the issue on the table.

This is how the business works just think about it. Here we are talking about The Sun in the middle of the night. This is exactly the response what they want Cry
Ali
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »

Slash and Duff were immediately on social media defending Axl so this conflict story is a bit of a reach.
Yes. If Slash had an issue with Axl, he could have just not said anything at all instead of having his back.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 07:07:20 PM »

I used to live in England for many years, I know all about The Sun Grin Angry

Many UK tabloids have actually a legal budget for running bullshit. Because even if they get sued they still make more money from those stories than the costs.

If this was 10 gigs in I would be a little worried but after 150+ without a hitch why do they even bother, a bunch of fuckin' idiots. They probably had a story ready from two years ago but never had a chance to use it because everything went so smoothly. So now's the chance.

And even if there was a problem about something as meaningless as money those ultimate professionals would've waited for a few weeks before putting the issue on the table.

This is how the business works just think about it. Here we are talking about The Sun in the middle of the night. This is exactly the response what they want Cry
I understand what you are saying, but I think that they don't even go out on one leg of this tour if the %'s for the GN'R Trinity aren't sorted out and agreed upon. I just don't see why it would be an issue now after 2.5 years and well over a hundred shows.

Ali
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 11:19:53 PM »

I think that they don't even go out on one leg of this tour if the %'s for the GN'R Trinity aren't sorted out and agreed upon.

Yeah, and the Sun article makes it sound like exactly that -- that Slash and Axl were sparring over the payment for that one show on the very day the show took place.

I'm with you guys, smells like bullshit.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2018, 03:29:42 AM »

Axl was sick. Rather than canceling, he tried to do a regular show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: