Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Donating Funds From First-Ever Hawaii Show to Andy Irons Founda
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Donating Funds From First-Ever Hawaii Show to Andy Irons Founda  (Read 3056 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: December 04, 2018, 02:42:08 AM »

Guns N' Roses Donating Funds From First-Ever Hawaii Show to Andy Irons Foundation: Exclusive

12/3/2018 by Taylor Mims

The band will play Aloha Stadium in Honolulu on Dec. 8

Guns N’ Roses will donate a portion of the proceeds from their first-ever show in Hawaii to the Andy Irons Foundation, Billboard can reveal. The legendary rock band will play Aloha Stadium on Dec. 8 as part of their Not In This Lifetime tour.

The Andy Irons Foundation is a charitable organization created in honor of the late surfing legend who was born in Hawaii and went on to win three world titles in the sport between 2002-2004. After Irons passed away in November of 2010, his wife Lyndie Irons created the foundation in his name to raise awareness and institute programs for young people pertaining to mental health, drug recovery, and learning disabilities.

“It is such an honor to partner with Guns N' Roses for their first ever show in Hawaii,” Lyndie Irons said in a release. “As Andy sought solace through music, my goal with the Andy Irons Foundation is to offer hope and vital programs for young people struggling with mental illness, drug abuse, and learning disabilities. I am truly grateful for such an amazing experience with one of Andy's all-time favorite bands.”

In addition to being a top-ranking surfer, Andy Irons was a passionate music fan. Andy and Lyndie’s son Axel, named in honor of Axl Rose, will be turning eight years old on the day of Guns N’ Roses’ Dec. 8 show.

A portion of proceeds from every ticket sold to Guns N’ Roses’ historic concert at Honolulu’s Aloha Stadium will be given to AIF and will mark their only U.S. show in 2018.

Guns N’ Roses’ Not In This Lifetime tour kicked off in 2016 and has already played more than 150 dates across the globe to more than five million fans. This year, the band has played 13 stadiums along with five summer festival headlining slots across Europe. Produced by Live Nation, the trek visited Asia for six stops in November.

The Not In This Lifetime tour was named one of the top five grossing tours of all time earlier this year based on Billboard Boxscore archives. The band had grossed more than $475 million prior to their 2018 dates.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8487681/guns-n-roses-donating-funds-hawaii-show-andy-irons-foundation

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: