Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fender unveils new refreshed Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fender unveils new refreshed Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass  (Read 2626 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: January 25, 2019, 04:59:09 AM »

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (January 24, 2019)—Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today announced new additions to its artist signature bass and amp offerings at Winter NAMM 2019 in Anaheim, Calif. The Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass and Fender ‘62 Princeton Chris Stapleton Edition amplifier add performance-ready features and stylistic aesthetic touches from Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan and Grammy®-winning artist Chris Stapleton.

The new Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass is based on the ‘80s Jazz Bass® Special – the model McKagan used while recording Guns N' Roses’ debut album, Appetite for Destruction – with new features inspired by the legendary bassist’s preferences, including instant “Drop D” tuning, tonal versatility from a TBXTM (Treble/Bass Expander) tone circuit and a sleek black-painted neck with pearloid block inlays and binding.

---

“The Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass is an updated take on the original bass we released with him,” Norvell added. “It’s an honor to evolve with a musician like Duff over the past two decades as he continues to set the bar for bass players in one of the world’s top touring bands.”

Product Details:

The Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass – $1,199.99 (Launching March 2019) is based on the ‘80s Jazz Bass Special he used while recording Appetite for Destruction. An evolution of his signature model, this bass adds the player-friendly features and stylistic touches that Duff demands. The black painted “Modern C”-shaped quartersawn maple neck has a “Deluxe Jazz Bass Special” headstock logo and hosts a rosewood fingerboard with pearloid block inlays, along with the number “12” at the twelfth fret. A must-have for live performance, the Hipshot® Bass Xtender allows instant drop-tuning with the flick of a lever. Duff’s signature sound comes from pairing a Fender vintage-style Precision Bass split-coil pickup with a Seymour Duncan® STKJ2B Jazz Bass single-coil bridge pickup. This thunderous tone can be shaped precisely by the Fender TBXTM (Treble/Bass Expander) tone circuit. Additional features include a Pure Vintage ‘70s bridge and, as a special touch, a Duff skull n’ crossbones neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.

---

https://spotlight.fender.com/newsroom/news/680

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:34:13 AM »

I wonder if the "12" on the 12th fret a Seattle Seahawks "12th man" reference.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 06:46:11 AM »

Duff McKagan loves his Fender bass, and it’s not about corporate endorsement

The GN’R bassist and author on his forthcoming solo album, why Fender basses are the “gold standard” and the newfound appetite he’s discovered on his most recent tour…

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/duff-mckagan-loves-his-fender-bass-and-its-not-about-corporate-endorsement/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »

I wonder if the "12" on the 12th fret a Seattle Seahawks "12th man" reference.

Yeah it is.  Check out the video on the link that Jarmo posted.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: