Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:20:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R At Louder Than Life 2019 - Sep 28th (was: Festival rumour?)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R At Louder Than Life 2019 - Sep 28th (was: Festival rumour?)  (Read 25521 times)
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »

Its official  ok

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »

Woohoo, alive and kicking.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »

Well there we go. Back on the road again.

I think we might be very far away from any new material now.

Well she-it...

There seems to be quite a few people who think they have been writing whilst Slash is busy touring pretty much consistently for some reason. I think they see songs as just being something that are pulled from thin air, or that musicians in their 50s on a busy and tiring touring schedule might go offstage exhausted and get straight to writing songs for another band. There's definitely a contingent who seem to think that a new album will appear out of nowhere within the next few months. That idea is pretty much bonkers.

Realistic expectations here folks: it will be very likely be the same set, and almost 100 per cent won't feature new material. If you've got any other expectations, get rid of them and go along and have fun. Endless unrealistic expectations for months, followed by disappointment when the increasingly wild expectations that have been built up don't happen isn't going to be much fun for anyone.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 02:50:31 PM »

So, what do people think? Realistically, do we have a new single before the show?

I think there's a chance.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »

Well she-it...

There seems to be quite a few people who think they have been writing whilst Slash is busy touring pretty much consistently for some reason. I think they see songs as just being something that are pulled from thin air, or that musicians in their 50s on a busy and tiring touring schedule might go offstage exhausted and get straight to writing songs for another band. There's definitely a contingent who seem to think that a new album will appear out of nowhere within the next few months. That idea is pretty much bonkers.

Realistic expectations here folks: it will be very likely be the same set, and almost 100 per cent won't feature new material. If you've got any other expectations, get rid of them and go along and have fun. Endless unrealistic expectations for months, followed by disappointment when the increasingly wild expectations that have been built up don't happen isn't going to be much fun for anyone.

You seem to equate being in your 50's with a certain stereotype.  Having been there and done that, I can tell you sleeping more than 6 hours a night was not needed.  Pretty damn good at multitasking by that age and if you're the active type, you work circles around the younger set who just don't want to do it in the first place.  You don't freak out about being able to do a lot because you had a lot of practice through the years and it's pretty easy to juggle a lot of shit.  Tired and exhausted after stage performance?  I'm thinking charged up.  Have lots of life experience to draw on for content for songs.  Your world is pretty big by then and you have something to say about it. 

I don't know where they are at with new music or plans to release/present it.  I think there's reason to be hopeful and to continue to look to the future.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »

Well she-it...

You seem to equate being in your 50's with a certain stereotype.  Having been there and done that, I can tell you sleeping more than 6 hours a night was not needed.  Pretty damn good at multitasking by that age and if you're the active type, you work circles around the younger set who just don't want to do it in the first place.  You don't freak out about being able to do a lot because you had a lot of practice through the years and it's pretty easy to juggle a lot of shit.  Tired and exhausted after stage performance?  I'm thinking charged up.  Have lots of life experience to draw on for content for songs.  Your world is pretty big by then and you have something to say about it. 

I don't know where they are at with new music or plans to release/present it.  I think there's reason to be hopeful and to continue to look to the future.

I'd be astonished if working on new music was going on in a hotel room at 1am after a gig.

I'm not going on stereotypes when I say that kids in their 20s have more energy than people in their 50s. It's a fact!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 06:09:25 PM »

I don't see one festival date interfering with a (theoretical) album release.

Nothing interferes with releasing an album...except actually wanting to do it.

Not wrong. Unfortunately GNR are notorious for not being able to do both at the same time.
Well they were touring/playing some shows while recording Appetite,Lies, Illusions, Spaghetti Incident and Chinese.

They tried to make a record in the mid 90s while not playing shows at all. Not sure how that worked out at the end.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 06:11:50 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2019, 06:24:39 PM »

So, what do people think? Realistically, do we have a new single before the show?

Dunno why, but I agree there's a chance. Maybe because it's the first post-'reunion tour' show and it would make sense to have a new reason to play gigs. Maybe it's the rumblings from Duff about new music.

Certainly not a given though.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 08:01:34 PM »

anybody know about the layout of this place? no info is up yet, but I can get V.I.P for 200 bucks through Nightrain already.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »

I'd be astonished if working on new music was going on in a hotel room at 1am after a gig.

I'm not going on stereotypes when I say that kids in their 20s have more energy than people in their 50s. It's a fact!

It's actually NOT a fact.

Studies show people in their mid 30s and mid 50s have the most energy.  NOT kids in their 20s. 

And busy people tend to have more energy, in general.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/age-you-most-energy-its-6930938

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 08:21:57 PM »

I think, given the way songs are written now (and music is recorded), this festival doesn't have a whole lot of influence either way.

And I think there is a chance.  I thought so before, and don't think that changes with this announcement.

Am I sure? No.  But I think there's a punchers chance we see something in the next 9 to 12 months. SOMETHING...maybe not a full album, but SOMETHING.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:23:45 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2019, 08:33:45 PM »

Guns N' Roses @gunsnroses
We're rocking @LTLFest this September in Louisville, KY. Tickets are on-sale Monday 9am ET. Want 'em now? Get on the Nightrain to access pre-sale tickets, first come first serve 🔥 https://www.gunsnroses.com/tour

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2019, 01:09:54 AM »

[/quote]

I think they pretty much pack up and hit the road to the next place after the gig.  But there are gaps of time between shows when they could be working individually or together on stuff.  There's recording studios all over the world they could have booked a few off days in.

There's a big difference between having tons of energy and endurance.  Yeah my 20 year old had energy.  I think she did.  You know, sleeping 12 hours, a room that looked like a bomb went off and tons of shit she put off, told me her energy wasn't going there.  While I'm up at 6AM, off to a full day of work, getting in a workout afterwards, managing a household and a family, telling myself it's midnight I should get some sleep because I'm doing it all again tomorrow seems like a lot more energy being put out there.  She may have had it but I was the one burning it with a ton of shit getting accomplished.  So I don't agree with that fact.  Hasn't been my experience.

I don't see any of these guys stumbling around on stage and that's after 3 hours. Their fucking workouts would kill me (but that's not to say I couldn't work up to it).  They're GNR, they don't like telling us what they're up to but they are always working.  Maybe not what we want them to give their full time and attention to but there's not enough hours in the day to take care of what they have on their plate.  It's going to take a little time.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2019, 05:12:26 AM »

I think they pretty much pack up and hit the road to the next place after the gig.  But there are gaps of time between shows when they could be working individually or together on stuff.  There's recording studios all over the world they could have booked a few off days in.

There's a big difference between having tons of energy and endurance.  Yeah my 20 year old had energy.  I think she did.  You know, sleeping 12 hours, a room that looked like a bomb went off and tons of shit she put off, told me her energy wasn't going there.  While I'm up at 6AM, off to a full day of work, getting in a workout afterwards, managing a household and a family, telling myself it's midnight I should get some sleep because I'm doing it all again tomorrow seems like a lot more energy being put out there.  She may have had it but I was the one burning it with a ton of shit getting accomplished.  So I don't agree with that fact.  Hasn't been my experience.

I don't see any of these guys stumbling around on stage and that's after 3 hours. Their fucking workouts would kill me (but that's not to say I couldn't work up to it).  They're GNR, they don't like telling us what they're up to but they are always working.  Maybe not what we want them to give their full time and attention to but there's not enough hours in the day to take care of what they have on their plate.  It's going to take a little time.
[/quote]

All true!

I think maybe we do these things as we get older because we HAVE to though, rather than it being an energy thing. I reckon I had more energy when I was younger....but a lot less motivation! Or it's probably that your body slows down, but your mind speeds up as you get older. There's also an element to being as old as you feel too, which is vital. I know people who are like little old men in their 30s, others who are the total opposite. The power of the mind in having energy is way more important than we think in my view.

I think you're right though - it's going to take a little time. My point is really that enough time hasn't elapsed for us to expect new material, and those thinking it will happen at this show are going to be disappointed as a result.

Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2019, 05:18:15 AM »

Why bats instead of guns? Is Kentucky famous for their baseball team? baseball is not popular where I come from... Tongue
On the other hand, since the Axl forum chat in 2008-ish, "bats" have a different association in my mind... Grin I guess I have switched to bat time... peace  
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:32:26 AM by Vezara » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 05:26:19 AM »

It's actually NOT a fact.

Studies show people in their mid 30s and mid 50s have the most energy.  NOT kids in their 20s. 

And busy people tend to have more energy, in general.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/age-you-most-energy-its-6930938

Hmmm.....they're claiming 31 is the most energetic, then we get a "boost" at 55 at the thought of retirement.

I'm a bit suspicious of that personally. It's in The Mirror for a start, and the 'research' is conducted as a survey from a Vitamin firm. Not saying it's not true, more that this particular article and research isn't really worth considering.

There's plenty to say the total opposite: https://www.simplysupplements.co.uk/healthylife/lack-of-energy/why-does-energy-deplete-as-we-age

It's probably derailing the thread a bit though - the point is more that any new material needs way more time than people are giving them, and I'm talking years here, rather than months.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2019, 08:17:26 AM »

Why bats instead of guns? Is Kentucky famous for their baseball team? baseball is not popular where I come from... Tongue

https://www.slugger.com/en-us
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2019, 08:22:58 AM »

This is interesting wasn't expecting them to be playing gigs this year surely they must be playing other shows will it be part of a wider tour?,how amazing would it be if it was part of a tour to promote a new album maybe Axl can convince Izzy to come back on board nobody ever expected Slash to ever rejoin so you never know.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2019, 08:34:33 AM »

This is interesting wasn't expecting them to be playing gigs this year surely they must be playing other shows will it be part of a wider tour?,how amazing would it be if it was part of a tour to promote a new album maybe Axl can convince Izzy to come back on board nobody ever expected Slash to ever rejoin so you never know.

Pretty convinced it will be a tour. Doesn't make any sense to get a whole team and crew together for one show. The mail-out also said "first show of 2019", which is pretty telling.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2019, 09:23:25 AM »

All likely accurate.

Some may dispute it, but only because it's not what they want to hear.  It won't be disputed on merit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: