Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R At Louder Than Life 2019 - Sep 28th (was: Festival rumour?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R At Louder Than Life 2019 - Sep 28th (was: Festival rumour?)  (Read 25526 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2019, 12:33:03 PM »

I want new music more than anyone. But, this is how the guys make a living.

And, in the end, after 2+ years together, Axl, Slash and Duff are moving forward together. 5 years ago, this didn't seem possible.

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2019, 01:51:36 PM »

I'd be astonished if working on new music was going on in a hotel room at 1am after a gig.

I'm not going on stereotypes when I say that kids in their 20s have more energy than people in their 50s. It's a fact!

It's actually NOT a fact.

Studies show people in their mid 30s and mid 50s have the most energy.  NOT kids in their 20s. 

And busy people tend to have more energy, in general.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/age-you-most-energy-its-6930938

Hmmm.....they're claiming 31 is the most energetic, then we get a "boost" at 55 at the thought of retirement.

I'm a bit suspicious of that personally. It's in The Mirror for a start, and the 'research' is conducted as a survey from a Vitamin firm. Not saying it's not true, more that this particular article and research isn't really worth considering.

There's plenty to say the total opposite: https://www.simplysupplements.co.uk/healthylife/lack-of-energy/why-does-energy-deplete-as-we-age

It's probably derailing the thread a bit though - the point is more that any new material needs way more time than people are giving them, and I'm talking years here, rather than months.

I've seen a BUNCH of studies that say: mid 30s and mid 50s.  The mirror one was just the first one that came up on the google fu.

It has to do with metabolism, and life adjustments.  In your early to mid 30's, you are about as healthy and as motivated as you are likely to get. You're also juggling a million things (kids, spouse, work). All that drives energy.

In your mid 50s you are typically still in good health (though everything creaks a little bit in the joints), you aren't chasing your kids around anymore, and you're at your peak, professionally.  Mentally, you're sharp, experienced, and often considered a topic expert in your field (or at least in your job, at your place of employment).  All that drives motivation...and thus energy.  On top of that, as you get older, you just need less sleep. 

I'm just saying: Its not a "fact" that the 20 year olds have more energy.  I run circles around the kids half my age who I am taking classes with (back to school for another degree).  I talk about my typical day and week...and they're worn out just hearing about it (or so they say).  They might be able to stay up later (though I can drink most of them under the table), but I'm up earlier and get a hell of alot more done.  And,honestly, the more I have to do, the more energy I have.  Adrenaline?  IDK.  But still. 

You're right though...off topic. Smiley

Suffice to say: I don't think energy levels are going to stop the members of GnR from creating new music.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2019, 03:02:35 PM »

It's really down to Axl whether they release new music or not I feel if he said to Slash and Duff guys were doing it they would fall into line  and do it ,I get the reunion tour was a look back at the past and you wouldn't want to be plugging a new album alongside that but now they've done it they have millions of people's attention they should put out something new as they've nothing to lose I can't imagine after doing a 2 year tour of playing the same songs every night they want to go back over that again hopefully that's what's going on in their heads.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »

It's really down to Axl whether they release new music or not I feel if he said to Slash and Duff guys were doing it they would fall into line  and do it ,I get the reunion tour was a look back at the past and you wouldn't want to be plugging a new album alongside that but now they've done it they have millions of people's attention they should put out something new as they've nothing to lose I can't imagine after doing a 2 year tour of playing the same songs every night they want to go back over that again hopefully that's what's going on in their heads.

It's just about managing expectations; it will nore than likely be the same show. Go along with that attitude and it will be great. Go along expecting an all new set with new material, and you'll probably leave feeling let down. If you adopt the former attitude, you can't lose. The latter may well lead to being pissed off and annoyed.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »

Maybe..maybe..if after the tour they went silent and dark and it was very quiet...then I'd have some hope that this band was working on a new album
Instead we get Slash doing his thing, Duff doing his...some cryptic comments about new songs, Axl's vault - very similar to the stuff we've heard from Ashba, Fortus and everyone over the past decade..and it turned into squat

No reason to expect anything - if they tour near me I'm going because it's a great show
Otherwise - whatever
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2019, 11:22:11 AM »

BINGO!
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2019, 05:04:24 PM »

So, what do people think? Realistically, do we have a new single before the show?

I think there's a chance.

Maybe a TERMINATOR single? Like the old times?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

axlvai
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 08:37:04 AM »

So, what do people think? Realistically, do we have a new single before the show?

Yep it would be a good thing...

You know...I'd be happy if they would just put out 1 song... I mean 2 years of touring and we haven't a fuckin live dvd or official video of a live performance, and that would be the easiest thing to do...They made 500.000.000 $ and they don't do shit  hihi hihi C'mon Axl wake up a little bit, don't miss another train  rofl
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 08:38:43 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2019, 10:59:14 AM »

Something like that would be great. I spent that summer in England and came back with the single. My brother asked what is this but we had a new CD player so we found out.

Please, give us something, like the old times. Been there and done that the same set list.
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »

Line up:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAHd7lljvh/

+"first show of 2019", so I guess more dates coming  Smiley

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2019, 06:13:17 PM »

Line up:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAHd7lljvh/

+"first show of 2019", so I guess more dates coming  Smiley

That Saturday line up is KILLER.  I'd love to see GnR, Godsmack, Halestorm and STP in one fell swoop.

Ugh.....but Kentucky.  I just can't swing that in September.  Too much going on at work.

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2019, 07:54:44 AM »

Are there many other festivals around in September/October for them to play?

Most of the festivals in Europe have wrapped up by late August.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2019, 07:16:04 PM »

Did anyone see the article about Izzy getting back with GNR at the festival.  According to their original manager he thinks Izzy will be back.
Read it on Facebook.

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2019, 08:10:49 PM »

Did anyone see the article about Izzy getting back with GNR at the festival.  According to their original manager he thinks Izzy will be back.
Read it on Facebook.

It was Alan Niven speculating in an interview with Mitch Lafon, reported by Alternative Nation. The fact those three things are involved should be enough to treat the 'story' with the cynicism it deserves! All three parties have a long history of being unreliable in regards to GNR information.

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2019, 09:37:19 AM »

It's definitely a possibility Izzy is so unpredictable nobody expected him to turn up on stage with them in 93 after walking out the previous  year and then his cameo appearances in 2012 at several shows.Him and Axl always seemed to have a real friendship whereas Axl seemed to treat the rest of them as just fellow musicians, as great as the reunion tour was there seemed very little chemistry on stage .Slash mentioned in his book he could no longer deal with Axl when Izzy left as he was close to him and was the only one who could get through to him.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:13 AM »

I saw the Izzy story ( if you can call it that) a few days ago. I think the most we could expect is for him to drop in for a couple songs like he had in the past.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2019, 10:15:00 AM »

Amazing how people who aren't involved with the band are the experts.... Anyone here, with or without a fax machine, could make the same guesses. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:08 PM »

There is a rumor floating around that Guns will be playing in a festival in Tennessee in mid-October. exit festival or smth like that Tongue

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2019, 11:58:57 PM »

There's a big difference between having tons of energy and endurance.  Yeah my 20 year old had energy.  I think she did.  You know, sleeping 12 hours, a room that looked like a bomb went off and tons of shit she put off, told me her energy wasn't going there.  While I'm up at 6AM, off to a full day of work, getting in a workout afterwards, managing a household and a family, telling myself it's midnight I should get some sleep because I'm doing it all again tomorrow seems like a lot more energy being put out there.  She may have had it but I was the one burning it with a ton of shit getting accomplished.  So I don't agree with that fact.  Hasn't been my experience.

Um, you realize those are red flags for clinical depression, right?

I'm just saying: Its not a "fact" that the 20 year olds have more energy.  I run circles around the kids half my age who I am taking classes with (back to school for another degree).  I talk about my typical day and week...and they're worn out just hearing about it (or so they say).  They might be able to stay up later (though I can drink most of them under the table), but I'm up earlier and get a hell of alot more done.  And,honestly, the more I have to do, the more energy I have.  Adrenaline?  IDK.  But still. 

Suffice to say: I don't think energy levels are going to stop the members of GnR from creating new music.

I think what you're missing are the studies that show teens and young adults need more sleep than anyone else and have naturally later sleep cycles and yet have to get up early for classes while trying to maintain a social life at night. That is what saps energy. High school is the worst; we set it up in America so that the oldest students get up the earliest, which is the opposite of how their sleep cycles work. We set them up for failure with our stubborn refusal to change tradition based on new information, and then berate them for not meeting standards that we never met at their age anyway.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/teens-and-sleep
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 12:00:38 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2019, 02:16:20 PM »

There's a big difference between having tons of energy and endurance.  Yeah my 20 year old had energy.  I think she did.  You know, sleeping 12 hours, a room that looked like a bomb went off and tons of shit she put off, told me her energy wasn't going there.  While I'm up at 6AM, off to a full day of work, getting in a workout afterwards, managing a household and a family, telling myself it's midnight I should get some sleep because I'm doing it all again tomorrow seems like a lot more energy being put out there.  She may have had it but I was the one burning it with a ton of shit getting accomplished.  So I don't agree with that fact.  Hasn't been my experience.

Um, you realize those are red flags for clinical depression, right?

I think what you're missing are the studies that show teens and young adults need more sleep than anyone else and have naturally later sleep cycles and yet have to get up early for classes while trying to maintain a social life at night. That is what saps energy. High school is the worst; we set it up in America so that the oldest students get up the earliest, which is the opposite of how their sleep cycles work. We set them up for failure with our stubborn refusal to change tradition based on new information, and then berate them for not meeting standards that we never met at their age anyway.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/teens-and-sleep

Except...this is online, all classes are at 5PM or later (Eastern Time), with 10 week semesters (you take 2 to 3 classes a semester).

I'm up at 5:30 AM...work 45 hours+ a week...have 3 kiddos in their teens that I play taxi dad for (and actually participate in their lives) AND am taking a full course load (with a 4.0 GPA, I might add....of course, its on material, and in an industry, I've been working in/around for almost 3 decades).  And that isn't even the half of what I do in a given week. We own a home, we have an active social life, and I'm an avid gamer (both video and tabletop). My day usually ends around 11 PM.  6.5 hours of sleep, M-F, and usually around 8 on the weekends (we're up later Friday and Saturday..but we "sleep in".  And I feel GREAT. WITHOUT caffeine (gave it up about a year ago). 

As you get older, you also need less sleep...and I have WAY more energy than I did in my 20's.  Back then, as the studies show, I was up later...but slept a LOT longer!  I get way more accomplished, at this age, too. Sure, part of that is motivation and "have to do it".  But I'm rarely lacking energy these days.  I couldn't say that in my 30s, even, when our kids were younger.

I don't disagree with the sleep cycle thing, especially for High School students. I see the zombie eyes every morning in our living room!  But in this case, for my anecdote, it's irrelevant.  Nobody is having their sleep schedules interrupted for the classes I'm in!  It's literally PERFECTLY tailored to the YA biorithems.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:28:11 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: