Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash interview comments on new material
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash interview comments on new material  (Read 15907 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: April 07, 2019, 10:49:44 AM »

In case people haven't seen them, here's a few comments from a Slash interview in Chile recently:

"After South America, we'll go straight to Europe and do the festivals over there. And after Europe, we'll go back to the States and Canada to do our first Canadian tour plus some U.S. dates; and that goes until August. Then, after that, I’m gonna hook up with Guns N’ Roses. Guns N’ Roses has a small tour in October. And then, you know, there’s been so much talk about the Guns N’ Roses record, which we haven’t actually done anything with (laughs); so we’re gonna sort of focus on that. And the Conspirators will be some time coming up, depending on what Guns N’ Roses is doing, but I’ve already started putting together material for the new Conspirators record."

Probably the clearest statement we've had yet about his intentions.

It's clear that there is no new material for the time being, and that after October it's getting looked at....unless the Conspirators stuff takes over again.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 03:43:30 PM »

Crickets  Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 03:46:27 PM »

I am not surprised.

I wonder what the small tour in October means.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 05:50:34 PM »

"sort of"

Tongue
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:20:09 AM »

"sort of"

Tongue

"we haven't actually done anything".  Doesn't this solidify it, folks?  You have one of the Big 3 saying they've done nothing.  Even Duff's interview talked about how real the "potential" for new music was.  But this just makes it abundantly clear that new music isn't really a focus, and that (at best) they are in the very beginning stages of considering what to do in that regard.

I guess you can hold on to the "things can change" theory, but smart money's on no new music/change in setlist.  Enjoy the shows.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 01:44:45 PM »

"we haven't actually done anything" probably refers to them working together in the studio, as well as Slash personally not having recorded anything yet. As they previously have stated that Axl has showed them stuff that they are willing to work on, means it at least exists material that is considered for the record.

I'm not worried about the thing dragging on once Slash and Duff gets involved in the recording/writing process (at least that part of the process). It all depends on what dynamic they will have producing the record, will they have a shared responsibility when it comes to final decisions? If Axl alone shall inhabit the role of producing and taking the decisions, well... we all know it may be a little while.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 04:48:40 PM »

"we haven't actually done anything" probably refers to them working together in the studio, as well as Slash personally not having recorded anything yet. As they previously have stated that Axl has showed them stuff that they are willing to work on, means it at least exists material that is considered for the record.

I'm not worried about the thing dragging on once Slash and Duff gets involved in the recording/writing process (at least that part of the process). It all depends on what dynamic they will have producing the record, will they have a shared responsibility when it comes to final decisions? If Axl alone shall inhabit the role of producing and taking the decisions, well... we all know it may be a little while.

We all know that it's already been a while...but the hope was that it was picking up speed with Slash and Duff back in the fold.  Yes, I think Axl has a bunch of material in various stages of completion - he has said so himself - it just sounds like having Slash and Duff back hasn't accelerated the desire to release it, which is something I think people were expecting would happen. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »

We all know that it's already been a while...but the hope was that it was picking up speed with Slash and Duff back in the fold.  Yes, I think Axl has a bunch of material in various stages of completion - he has said so himself - it just sounds like having Slash and Duff back hasn't accelerated the desire to release it, which is something I think people were expecting would happen. 

I think people's expectations have been slightly ridiculous though. I've heard all sorts of crazy talk around 'oh they must be writing and recording on the road', and the notion that some new material is just going to appear after all this time because they're playing together. Anyone that has been a fan of this band long enough knows how it works by now; if anyone thinks new music is appearing out of thin air any time soon then they're being willfully naive. It'll take years - if it even happens at all. People need to remember that even if 'ideas' are floating around, getting them into shape, recorded, produced etc could take a long, long time. And even then they might never see the light of day.

The crunch point sounds as if it will come if work starts on the SMKC album. In Slash's timeframe that comes after/if no GNR material is getting worked on. If we reach that stage I think we have to consider the possibility that the ship might have sailed. Until that point, we'll see what happens, but there's no point speculating about "oh, maybe they'll do new songs at the next shows" etc as we've had it straight: nothing has happened yet.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 05:36:38 PM »

Everyone has to understand at this point anything that happens in the GNR camp is rather spontaneous. Everyone assumed once this last tour ended that it would be a while before they did anything together again yet here we are in less then a years time they will be doing more shows. As for any new music at this point nothing will surprise me at this point I do think it will happen and for all those who doubt it I hope they stay quiet and say nothing when it does happen. Bunch of negative nancies.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 05:30:57 AM »

Everyone has to understand at this point anything that happens in the GNR camp is rather spontaneous. Everyone assumed once this last tour ended that it would be a while before they did anything together again yet here we are in less then a years time they will be doing more shows. As for any new music at this point nothing will surprise me at this point I do think it will happen and for all those who doubt it I hope they stay quiet and say nothing when it does happen. Bunch of negative nancies.

While you're casting out homophobic insults, please feel free to tell us how the long process of writing, recording and producing new music can be "spontaneous"?

Or for that matter why a key member of the band telling us nothing is happening should be ignored, and why it's "negative" to take him at his word?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 05:33:20 AM by allwaystired » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 07:21:41 AM »

While you're casting out homophobic insults, please feel free to tell us how the long process of writing, recording and producing new music can be "spontaneous"?

Or for that matter why a key member of the band telling us nothing is happening should be ignored, and why it's "negative" to take him at his word?

I'm not sure what that first bit refers to, exactly, but if it's "negative nancy"....you're off base. At least in terms of it's origin.  I don't think you can assume anything other than it's accepted use, here.

The genesis of that idiom has nothing to do with anything homosexual.  It's a play on "negative nellies", which was first floated back in the 60's by President Johnson.  It gave rise to Debbie Downer, Negative Ned, and a whole host of other take offs, including negative Nancy/negative Nancies.

I understand that "nancy" has taken on a negative, homophobic, connotation (which is why I suspect that's what you're referring to, here) but...in the case of this idiom....it's not. Not in it's original form.  It literally refers to someone (or someones) named Nancy.  Who apparently were very negative.  IDK, it was the 60's, man. But it's literally an innocent (if somewhat archaic) idiom.

Lets not build outrage when there isn't any to build, eh?  More than enough stuff to ACTUALLY get pissed about without adding stuff that doesn't mean anything harmful or perjorative.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 07:50:19 AM »

I'm not sure what that first bit refers to, exactly, but if it's "negative nancy"....you're off base. At least in terms of it's origin.  I don't think you can assume anything other than it's accepted use, here.

The genesis of that idiom has nothing to do with anything homosexual.  It's a play on "negative nellies", which was first floated back in the 60's by President Johnson.  It gave rise to Debbie Downer, Negative Ned, and a whole host of other take offs, including negative Nancy/negative Nancies.

I understand that "nancy" has taken on a negative, homophobic, connotation (which is why I suspect that's what you're referring to, here) but...in the case of this idiom....it's not. Not in it's original form.  It literally refers to someone (or someones) named Nancy.  Who apparently were very negative.  IDK, it was the 60's, man. But it's literally an innocent (if somewhat archaic) idiom.

Lets not build outrage when there isn't any to build, eh?  More than enough stuff to ACTUALLY get pissed about without adding stuff that doesn't mean anything harmful or perjorative.

Probably a cultural thing then. It's absolutely a homophobic insult where I come from - people have lost careers as a result of using it in public! It's sort of similar to the 'F' word being used to describe gay people.

Yeah, let it fly then if it's not an insult in other countries - I thought it was being used as a cheap shot aimed at gay people, but perhaps not. No point in finding offense if there wasn't any intended.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 11:36:46 PM »

It gave rise to Debbie Downer

She's my favorite.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »

I've never heard the term Negative Nancy being some kind homophobic slur...  ever...  I've used it in meetings before... 
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 05:28:16 PM »

Anyway

Glad they're playing more gigs

But this cannot be spun into anything positive - don't even try
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »

Anyway

I'll do it!

The band is gonna be active and playing together again.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 10:45:46 AM »

Anyway

I'll do it!

/jarmo

Of course it's positive.  Band's still together, and the shows will kick ass.  Kind of sucks to hear that there's been no real activity regarding new music...I mean, it's been 3 years with this lineup, you'd think that something would have come out by now.  But whatever.  Things change, right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 02:33:26 PM »

Kind of sucks to hear that there's been no real activity regarding new music...I mean, it's been 3 years with this lineup, you'd think that something would have come out by now.  But whatever.  Things change, right?

As far as we know!

Slash added that Guns N’ Roses will hit the road on a “small tour in October,” and that “there’s been so much talk about this Guns N’ Roses record, which we haven’t actually done anything with. So we’re gonna sort of focus on that.

Quote from: Duff
“I will say things are very positive in that world. I did say something about it in an interview. People are super interested in that, and I understand why. I do like the mystique factor of the band, and I shall keep it there. But things are positive… Things are great.”

Seems like everyone is interested in things moving forward... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 03:02:54 PM »

Anyway

I'll do it!

/jarmo

lol..yes of course
Is great

Was only speaking to the thirst for new music from this band

peace
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 11:36:20 PM »

I mean, calling a man by a female name is supposed to be emasculating according to most homophobes.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: