Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash interview comments on new material
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash interview comments on new material  (Read 15904 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 02:48:09 PM »

A new Guns N' Roses album:

Slash has said that work on a new Guns N’ Roses album could start at the end of this year.

Fans haven’t heard music featuring Axl Rose, Duff McKagan and Slash together since the mid-1990s.

Asked if the band has started writing together yet, he said: “I wouldn’t say we’ve really sat down and had those sessions yet.”

He added: “The Conspirators are finishing up in mid-August and then Guns is going out in late September/October so in the Fall. But at the same time we’re focused on working towards this new record that everybody’s been asking about. So start focusing on that in earnest. And that’s it. I’m not thinking about anything else while that is going on.

“That’s really the main focus. By the time the Conspirators tour is done I will have written enough material for the next Conspirators record that whenever that break comes up with Guns N’ Roses we can go on to do that.

“We’ll just juggle all this stuff, schedules permitting.”

Asked what the new Guns N’ Roses album will be like, he said: “I have no f*****g idea, I really couldn’t tell you. It’s like anything else, you don’t know what it is until it’s done.”

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/slash-talks-guns-n-roses-16120823

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »

We'll see come November, December, whether these plans materialize.  Nothing proves they're taking time off to record new music like, well, taking time off and recording new music. Here's hoping that becomes a reality!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 06:56:53 AM »

We'll see come November, December, whether these plans materialize.  Nothing proves they're taking time off to record new music like, well, taking time off and recording new music. Here's hoping that becomes a reality!

I agree. If Slash is back to SMKC stuff again at that time I think we're in trouble....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »

Here's to hoping that while working on this other stuff he doesn't find his way to creating another mega-riff like Slither that Gn'r will end up covering on tour a year or two from now beer
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 05:25:38 PM »

I agree. If Slash is back to SMKC stuff again at that time I think we're in trouble....

There are very few coincidences in what these guys say publicly.  He's basically putting it out there that he has a contingency plan in place with SMKC should Axl or whoever else stonewall GNR on the new music front.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »

Is this 1995 all over? Snakepit Mach 3? I’m having a hard time seeing the difference.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2019, 12:46:57 PM »

Anyway

Glad they're playing more gigs

But this cannot be spun into anything positive - don't even try

I'll do it!

The band is gonna be active and playing together again.  ok

/jarmo

Jarmo,

How much are they paying you again?

It's only logical for you to "stay positive" Cuz while your being "positive"  the fans are getting robbed by supporting a tribute band.... yes you might as well call it that cuz these lazy fucks all they care about is sucking the money out of your pockets. Huh

Yes go ahead and shell out wads of cash to go travel see the band play replayed classic tunes, while jarmo gets paid by the band to support the band,  oh yes and to remain "positive"  no

Give me a fucking break Roll Eyes

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2019, 02:42:08 PM »

Hahahahahahahaha!

The usual bullshit by the usual crowd.
You've been whining about this for over a year!

rofl

Holy shit, how bitter you sound!
Glad I'm not you!  Cheesy

It's easy to be positive when your favorite band is active. Compared to not being active. Because you think them not being active is a great alternative because it must mean you're getting whatever you've dreamed up in your head.....
 Some of us prefer to live in reality. Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 02:49:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2019, 07:18:16 PM »

I think we need a little patience in regards to new music. I really believe next year will be a special year in that GNR will put out a new album. It's time to stay positive and enjoy the present and future of GNR.

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2019, 05:22:00 AM »

Anyway

Glad they're playing more gigs

But this cannot be spun into anything positive - don't even try

I'll do it!

The band is gonna be active and playing together again.  ok

/jarmo

Jarmo,

How much are they paying you again?

It's only logical for you to "stay positive" Cuz while your being "positive"  the fans are getting robbed by supporting a tribute band.... yes you might as well call it that cuz these lazy fucks all they care about is sucking the money out of your pockets. Huh

Yes go ahead and shell out wads of cash to go travel see the band play replayed classic tunes, while jarmo gets paid by the band to support the band,  oh yes and to remain "positive"  no

Give me a fucking break Roll Eyes

Nobody is making anyone go and see the band play.

I've never read such a bitter post! So what if Jarmo works with the band? How does that impact on your life? Get on with yours.

Tell you something- if GNR offered me some work, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 12:45:34 PM »

We get to see the ugly side of fandom on this board unfortunately.

Who knows what the future will bring. Id absolutely love to see new material. We should know by now not to bet the house on it materializing though.

What happens happens and if they decide to go on tour without new material will be a let down but Ill still go see them play if they are at a venue near me and I will have a great time.

And life will go on.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 05:33:32 PM »

Pretty sure this new festival we will see the same show format... unfortunately. With a new single maaaaayyybe... or idk.... i dont know nothin.

Maybe im wrong. But i see a "closing" NITLT here, to prepare a new album with a 2020 tour. "Like a Suicide 2020 tour!" Oh Yeah! peace

axlvai
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »

It's easy to be positive when your favorite band is active. Compared to not being active. Because you think them not being active is a great alternative because it must mean you're getting whatever you've dreamed up in your head.....
 Some of us prefer to live in reality. Smiley

I agree.  How is this a *bad* thing, them still playing gigs?

"The perfect is the enemy of the good" fits this fanbase like a glove.  If all you are ever going to happy about is hearing that a new album is done and coming out tomorrow...well, I got bad news on that front.  You aren't going to spend much time being happy.

But look at it this way, people.  I'll give you an example : The Police.  No one ever thought they reunite,because they all hated each other.  But they did.  And they did a huge reunion tour.  And by they end of it...guess what?  They all remembered why they hated each other and after the last show, they all agreed : NEVER AGAIN.

That is not what we have.  The guy are still into it.  It doesn't mean a new album is on the immediate horizon.  But nor did these guys have that same experience The Police had where there will NEVER be anything again.

Hang in there, folks.  A iron in the fire is always a good thing.  Not a bad thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2019, 12:39:59 PM »

Some seem to believe in the theory that a band that's not on tour only has one other place they can be....

That's not necessarily true. Yes, it could be, but it also could just mean that the band is just taking time off.... Personally I don't buy the theory that if a band isn't on tour, they must be recording something. Bands will record new music when they wish, not whenever it fits their fans' schedules.... Smiley

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 03:54:52 PM »

GNR writing is probably held off until after your touring is done. But have you ...

No, we're actually into it now, but at the same time everybody's still busy with a million other things. We haven't been able to sit down and completely focus on just the one thing, but we have been toying around with stuff.

Do you have material that you've already written and intend to present to the band, or does it kind of work more where everyone gets in a room and works it up from scratch?

I think there's no set rule for this. I don't think anything has been worked up to the point of ... well, let's put it this way. Ideas are coming in.

Got it. And such a great tour that you guys put on. From your own perspective, what was maybe the biggest surprise of having the GN'R tour do what it did?

The biggest surprise was the tour itself. I mean, everything else, it was a surprise and the icing on the cake. The biggest fucking thing about the "Not in This Lifetime" tour, was the fact that it even existed at all. You know? That was just the big shocker.

Full interview: https://loudwire.com/slash-boulevard-of-broken-hearts-live-video-guns-n-roses-interview/

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2019, 06:54:51 PM »

GNR writing is probably held off until after your touring is done. But have you ...

No, we're actually into it now, but at the same time everybody's still busy with a million other things. We haven't been able to sit down and completely focus on just the one thing, but we have been toying around with stuff.

Do you have material that you've already written and intend to present to the band, or does it kind of work more where everyone gets in a room and works it up from scratch?

I think there's no set rule for this. I don't think anything has been worked up to the point of ... well, let's put it this way. Ideas are coming in.

Got it. And such a great tour that you guys put on. From your own perspective, what was maybe the biggest surprise of having the GN'R tour do what it did?

The biggest surprise was the tour itself. I mean, everything else, it was a surprise and the icing on the cake. The biggest fucking thing about the "Not in This Lifetime" tour, was the fact that it even existed at all. You know? That was just the big shocker.

Full interview: https://loudwire.com/slash-boulevard-of-broken-hearts-live-video-guns-n-roses-interview/

/jarmo

With Slash's work etich im not worried at all. Hope to see the band back in europe in 2020 with new, frech GnR material drool Cool

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2019, 01:08:08 AM »

I may be naive, but I think they all have something to prove still.  They just proved that they could do a major tour without a hitch(I believe this was extremely important to them), and I believe they want to show that they can produce another great album together.  They are all very driven.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2019, 04:46:25 AM »

https://wrif.com/episodes/talkin-rock-with-slash/

May 28, 2019
Talkin' Rock with Slash

"And then coming September October we turn on the Guns thing, and then that goes from there. After those Guns dates, the festival dates, we'll be working on the record, and doing [call drops]"

Call gets reconnected:

"When we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence working on what will end up being the next Guns record."

The interviewer points out last time they spoke, Slash was kinda saying "never say never" regarding new GN'R material...

"Yeah, the thing is...We hadn’t really done anything yet. And I don’t like to say anything like "Oh yeah!". You know how people promote shit and lie through their teeth? So I just wanted to be honest about it, so there really was no telling what we were gonna do at that point. But at this point, I do know we are going to do this one, and we’ve already started working on stuff. So, there you go."

The interviewer asks about rumors that he was at Axl's house recently.

"Oh yeah. It’s funny, because there was a rumor I was over there, yeah. It was before I had even been there. So I was like Jesus Christ, that’s a pain in the ass and annoying. But I am excited about what we’ve got going on, and everything, so, it’s gonna be cool. It’s awesome."

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2019, 05:17:19 AM »

https://wrif.com/episodes/talkin-rock-with-slash/

May 28, 2019
Talkin' Rock with Slash

"And then coming September October we turn on the Guns thing, and then that goes from there. After those Guns dates, the festival dates, we'll be working on the record, and doing [call drops]"

Call gets reconnected:

"When we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence working on what will end up being the next Guns record."

The interviewer points out last time they spoke, Slash was kinda saying "never say never" regarding new GN'R material...

"Yeah, the thing is...We hadn’t really done anything yet. And I don’t like to say anything like "Oh yeah!". You know how people promote shit and lie through their teeth? So I just wanted to be honest about it, so there really was no telling what we were gonna do at that point. But at this point, I do know we are going to do this one, and we’ve already started working on stuff. So, there you go."

The interviewer asks about rumors that he was at Axl's house recently.

"Oh yeah. It’s funny, because there was a rumor I was over there, yeah. It was before I had even been there. So I was like Jesus Christ, that’s a pain in the ass and annoying. But I am excited about what we’ve got going on, and everything, so, it’s gonna be cool. It’s awesome."

/jarmo

Good one...At least now we know they will start doing something ok ok As i said before,  I hope they will write something new (i don't want to hear just a CD 2 reworked), just to see if they still can create that magic  Cheesy.. Maybe just 2-3 straight hard rock songs and then the rest. And a 2016 live tour DVD , thanks  hihi.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2019, 08:17:00 AM »

Funny how news like this can just give a guy a little extra juice for his day
Don't think he'd state something so clearly if it were not the plan.
All good right now
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: