Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Fall 2019 tour - Not In This Lifetime
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Fall 2019 tour - Not In This Lifetime  (Read 29545 times)
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2019, 01:16:21 PM »

I passed on the Vegas shows. I went in to the live nation presale and saw that nose bleed seats would be over 200 after all is said and done. Good seats were outrageous. I’ll wait for an arena show with more options for better seats. First time I’ve ever passed on seeing GNR. Hope everyone has a great time though.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2019, 03:19:57 PM »

Is level 400 really nosebleed seats? Someone else said it’s a small venue so all seats are good. How does this venue compare in size to The Joint at Hardrock where they did those residences?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2019, 04:37:52 PM »

The Joint holds 4,000 and Caesar’s about 4,500
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2019, 05:36:38 PM »

If there is ever a chance of Izzy jumping on board this is it a very short tour based mainly in the US so maybe if they ask him again he would do it .I find it odd that after touring the world extensively for two years they announced these run of shows ,I don't get the reasoning behind it as they've played most of these places recently hopefully they've told Axl about it they do need to move on from the nostalgia tours and start touring on the back of new music.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:40:54 PM by Executioner » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2019, 07:54:28 PM »

If there is ever a chance of Izzy jumping on board this is it a very short tour based mainly in the US so maybe if they ask him again he would do it .I find it odd that after touring the world extensively for two years they announced these run of shows ,I don't get the reasoning behind it as they've played most of these places recently hopefully they've told Axl about it they do need to move on from the nostalgia tours and start touring on the back of new music.

I'd be astonished if Izzy shows up at this point in the game. That boat seems to have sailed.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2019, 02:04:00 AM »

I just don’t see Izzy taking part.  The ship has sailed.  I love his contributions, but don’t see him in the future.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2019, 02:54:40 AM »

I just don’t see Izzy taking part.  The ship has sailed.  I love his contributions, but don’t see him in the future.

Same here. Of course we can't know what has been talked or not but I'd imagine nothing. It's just not happening anymore.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2019, 08:08:53 AM »

I wouldn't rule it he and Axl were the closest in the band and he has a habit of turning up when least expected,nobody thought  Slash would ever rejoin GnR most were resigned to glorified tribute act made up from a bunch of hired players. 
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2019, 06:20:42 PM »

Same here. Of course we can't know what has been talked or not but I'd imagine nothing. It's just not happening anymore.

"Not in this lifetime" is still in progress.

axlvai
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2019, 06:24:08 PM »

sounds good  peace
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2019, 10:54:41 PM »

The only way I could envision Izzy taking part is a smaller, one-off show.  GNR should do a one-time charity event with all 5 original members, and they could raise a huge amount of money for whatever charity they chose.  That would be the only conceivable way I would see Izzy or Steven rejoining at this point, but then again, Not In My Lifetime did I ever think Slash would rejoin either, so....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:40:37 PM by Bridge » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »

The only way I could envision Izzy taking part is a smaller, one-off show.  GNR should do a one-time charity event with all 5 original members, and they could raise a huge amount of amount for whatever charity they chose.  That would be the only conceivable way I would see Izzy or Steven rejoining at this point, but then again, Not In My Lifetime did I ever think Slash would rejoin either, so....

I think so too. Izzy said quite clearly that his not returning was about money, so that would have to be a factor, which would involve two scenarios; less money for the current members in order to pay him, or an event where no-one is making money, such as a charity one.

Going forwards though, the shows are going to take something more to give them a sales push. Working out a deal with Izzy would provide that push. At the moment though I don't think we're at that stage.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »

The only way I could envision Izzy taking part is a smaller, one-off show.  GNR should do a one-time charity event with all 5 original members, and they could raise a huge amount of amount for whatever charity they chose.  That would be the only conceivable way I would see Izzy or Steven rejoining at this point, but then again, Not In My Lifetime did I ever think Slash would rejoin either, so....

I think so too. Izzy said quite clearly that his not returning was about money, so that would have to be a factor, which would involve two scenarios; less money for the current members in order to pay him, or an event where no-one is making money, such as a charity one.

The thing that always amazed me is how izzy thought he could get the same amount of money... I mean he's the only guy who REALLY left by choice almost 30 years ago... He hadn't to fight for years (right or wrong) like the others guys for the legacy of the band and so on... And if it's only for the money he can stay away from the reunion... I mean if he can spit on I don't know how much money and he prefers having 0 $ (genius) just because the loot it's not equal it's fine for me...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:56:18 AM by ITARocker » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 03:25:46 PM »

Yeah, frankly I'm tired of the deification of Izzy these days. People act like he was 90% of GNR which is fucking ridiculous. Yeah, he got credit on some good songs (and some stinkers), but he's done absolutely nothing of value since, while Slash and Axl have both continued making top grade music. And if he's such a pure artist above all the money grabbing stadium tours, why does he give a fuck what cut he's getting? Shouldn't it be about the music? About the brotherhood? They're all clean and sober adults now. If Axl and Slash can patch it up, what the hell is Izzy's excuse?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »

I totally understand the love for Izzy he helped create the band we know and love but I am a huge fan of Richard Fortus and I think he has complemented this band perfectly. If Izzy wants to come do a couple songs at a show here or their great but I am greatful for Richard and what he has contributed and what he will contribute too in the future. Please give some love to Richard.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2019, 10:08:18 PM »

I totally understand the love for Izzy he helped create the band we know and love but I am a huge fan of Richard Fortus and I think he has complemented this band perfectly. If Izzy wants to come do a couple songs at a show here or their great but I am greatful for Richard and what he has contributed and what he will contribute too in the future. Please give some love to Richard.

From way outside looking in, IMHO, Izzy and Richard have had absolutely no issues playing in GNR together.  I admit I had serious doubts when I first heard they would be together on stage but I admit I was totally wrong and blown away by how the two played together and off of each other beautifully, seamlessly and showed IMO mutual respect and admiration for each other's contributions and standing within GNR.

Whatever Izzy's issues are about playing with GNR, I don't believe Richard is one of them.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2019, 06:37:17 AM »

From way outside looking in, IMHO, Izzy and Richard have had absolutely no issues playing in GNR together.  I admit I had serious doubts when I first heard they would be together on stage but I admit I was totally wrong and blown away by how the two played together and off of each other beautifully, seamlessly and showed IMO mutual respect and admiration for each other's contributions and standing within GNR.

Whatever Izzy's issues are about playing with GNR, I don't believe Richard is one of them.

Yeah, the Izzy shows I saw seemed fine in terms of them both playing together. I don't think that's the problem at all. The only problem we know of is the money one - that's what Izzy himself has said, so we've got to take that as the primary reason.

I think there's an element of 'wanting what you haven't got' here too. If Izzy was playing with them, people would want Steven. If Steven was, people would want Sorum. And so on.

There will always be demand for the 'AFD 5', but i'd say that's incredibly unlikely - the band haven't been a 5 piece for a long, long time now.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2019, 04:21:33 PM »

There will always be demand for the 'AFD 5', but i'd say that's incredibly unlikely - the band haven't been a 5 piece for a long, long time now.

Not since 1990 in fact -- when the 5 piece Appetite lineup last performed together!

However, I don't think being strictly a 5 piece band is really the issue.  If we actually had Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, and Izzy all on one stage at the same time, I think few would complain about the presence of the newer members.  I mean, Steven got huge ovations every time he appeared with GNR in 2016 -- and that was with Melissa, Dizzy, and Richard onstage too.  So I don't think having only five guys onstage is the only thing that will satiate fans of the original lineup.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:25:21 PM by Bridge » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2019, 05:54:38 PM »

Not since 1990 in fact -- when the 5 piece Appetite lineup last performed together!

However, I don't think being strictly a 5 piece band is really the issue.  If we actually had Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, and Izzy all on one stage at the same time, I think few would complain about the presence of the newer members.  I mean, Steven got huge ovations every time he appeared with GNR in 2016 -- and that was with Melissa, Dizzy, and Richard onstage too.  So I don't think having only five guys onstage is the only thing that will satiate fans of the original lineup.

Oh, SOMEONE would complain, you can guarantee it!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2019, 05:55:38 PM »

Out of interest, does anyone know where and when the last 5 piece show was?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: