Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  YouTube live videos
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: YouTube live videos  (Read 5329 times)
GnRScouse
Rocker

« on: September 10, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »

I’ve noticed that a few of the full pro-shot concerts are not on YouTube anymore, Indiana and St Louis 91 for example.
Does anybody know why, or if they’ll come back?

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:32:32 PM »

Most videos have been removed as part of a copyright sweep.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:42:14 PM »

Maybe it's preperation for a massive release  yes

Anyway, glad the songs are still there. Have to watch this (almost) every day: https://youtu.be/3MUE2Oy-3j0

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 01:44:26 PM »

Excellent choice. Looks like I’m gonna have to dig out my old dvds!

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 04:43:53 PM »

That was my first reaction too. Still have hundreds of them. I even just bought a new blu ray DVD player so if they stop making or selling DVD players I can still watch my GNR DVDs when I am 70.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
eduardo'GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 03:18:54 PM »

You mean... Your illegal dvds
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »

Yep, that's what he means. I imagine everyone on this board has bootleg GNR DVDs. As well as the officially released ones. It's what keeps the fanbase alive.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
eduardo'GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 01:38:15 PM »

Yep, that's what he means. I imagine everyone on this board has bootleg GNR DVDs. As well as the officially released ones. It's what keeps the fanbase alive.

I was being sarcastic. He was glad that youtube videos are being taken down: "excellent choice" he says. A youtube video isn't more illegal than downloading and having a bootleg in an obsolete format like a DVD.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 01:40:24 PM by eduardo'GNR » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 01:44:40 PM »

I was being sarcastic. He was glad that youtube videos are being taken down: "excellent choice" he says. A youtube video isn't more illegal than downloading and having a bootleg in an obsolete format like a DVD.

Ah, got you.

I'm a firm believer in artists of an type being compensated for what they do and don't believe any art should be free, but that bootlegs of stuff unavailable anywhere keep people interested.

I wouldn't call DVDs 'obsolete'! They still sell hugely. I'd buy a new GNR one in an instant.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 06:02:10 PM »

Most of those shows removed from youtube were never available in any legitimate form anyway, so it's not like the band is losing money if they're available for viewing. Dunno how true it is, but from what I've read in other places GNR aren't the ones responsible for many of these takedowns.

Btw, I think 'excellent choice' was in response to the video posted (now removed), not about the removals.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 01:20:29 AM »

Most of those shows removed from youtube were never available in any legitimate form anyway, so it's not like the band is losing money if they're available for viewing. Dunno how true it is, but from what I've read in other places GNR aren't the ones responsible for many of these takedowns.

Btw, I think 'excellent choice' was in response to the video posted (now removed), not about the removals.

Exactly this. If the band released Saskatoon 93, I would buy that shit immediately!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 07:17:49 AM »

Exactly this. If the band released Saskatoon 93, I would buy that shit immediately!

I'd buy pretty much anything they released that is music related. I can't be buying toy trucks and laundry bags though!

GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »

Yes, to confirm that when I said ‘Excellent choice’ it was the choice of video from the link, not that YouTube videos were being removed. It was Perfect Crime from St Louis by the way...which has since been removed which is worrying in itself. Now that they’ve removed full concerts are they (whoever ‘they’ may be) going to start removing songs from said concerts?

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 06:04:16 PM »

The famous Perfect Crime from Indiana video was purged as well. Hell, even uploads of RIR III have been removed, and I don't think the copyright on that show belongs to GNR or any record company.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »

After years of trying, I finally discovered a true uncut version of the famous MTV Ritz show from 2/2/88.  MTV had long since deleted this footage from their archives, so youtube is the only way to get it.  Referencing the last few posts, I always thought it was "criminal" to not release a "legal" version of that show.  Best GNR show ever!

EDIT:  I just checked, they also removed the Ritz video.  Thankfully, I downloaded it from youtube before they nabbed it!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:47:10 PM by Bridge » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 07:29:58 AM »

Frustrating.

Lips Sealed

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 09:15:13 AM »

We dont need a Ritz 88 4.0 rofl

We need something like Guns N' Roses 1988-08-09 Cayuga County Fairgrounds, Weedsport, NY COMPLETE!

axlvai
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: