Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:20:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to play the Hollywood Palladium this Saturday (9/21)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to play the Hollywood Palladium this Saturday (9/21)  (Read 24400 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2019, 01:13:17 PM »

VERY cool to see Hard School on the setlist. It's begging for Slash's guitars.  Would also be rad if that's what's in Terminator, however unlikely.
hard school is a cool song, i’ve listened to it only 10 Times before the song has gone and i can remember it vividly, even that shitty solo (tobias?)...i think slash can do something better

I like the solos  yes

But yes, I agree, in the hands of Slash it could make the song a next level GNR classic.

The solo is "different" but it's really trivial too, no style changes. I know it's a demo but it needs a kick in the ass for sure. The rest of the song it's ok already, from the intro to the end, it could be used as an opener instead of it's so easy/wttj/cd.. U can start the show with a new proper song when your voice is still good and maybe put out another new song as an alternate. This would save a weak and abused setlist

It'd be neat if Slash gives is faster, meatier, intro akin to YCBM.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »

I am so disappointed in how Axl sounds.  I still love the band.  I saw them in 91, 92, 2011, 2012, 2016, and 2017.  When you are there it is so great, but unfortunately, his voice really sounds off on this past show.  I hope like other tours, it comes on point again.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »

I am so disappointed in how Axl sounds.  I still love the band.  I saw them in 91, 92, 2011, 2012, 2016, and 2017.  When you are there it is so great, but unfortunately, his voice really sounds off on this past show.  I hope like other tours, it comes on point again.

I only listed to 1 clip I found and not much of it, but something to keep in mind is that Axl usually isn't very impressive at the 1st show coming off a longer break. 

He certainly looks like he has aged more and has a few more pounds on him since we all saw him last. Don't think the haircut helps.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2019, 02:37:56 PM »

A few fans have also confirmed that Hard School was soundchecked before the show.  ok
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »

Disagree completely. His voice was fine. He wasn't pushing his voice like he might ordinarily, but other than that, he was fine.

Ali
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2019, 06:19:45 PM »

After the show on Saturday, a crazy series of events led me back to within a couple of blocks of the Palladium around 4am, so I figured I'd swing by just to see if anything was going on. Just as I arrived, a black SUV was drove through the parking lot and backed up to the rear of the venue. There were a few fans present that chased the SUV and quickly lined up. I joined the end of the line just as Axl walked out and started signing things and taking photos. He appeared quiet, tired, but in good spirits. We took a photo together and I asked if there was any chance of a one-off show with the original 5 Appetite guys. He went on to sign another item and didn't respond, so I assumed he was just ignoring me. He finally replied, saying, "anything is possible".

Now, I've been a fan of this band for decades and I know that any tiny piece of news inevitably gets blown out of proportion. Let's not blow this out of proportion. Smiley From my point of view, the only interesting thing about his response is that he didn't immediately shoot down the idea. It was a non-committal answer and should be taken that way.

Guns N' Roses is no longer those five guys and I'm totally fine with it. Enough time has passed and the latest incarnation of the band has done enough touring to solidify the fact. A one-off, classic full reunion would be cool to see and it seems that it's at least in the realm of possibility.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2019, 08:51:08 PM »

After the show on Saturday, a crazy series of events led me back to within a couple of blocks of the Palladium around 4am, so I figured I'd swing by just to see if anything was going on. Just as I arrived, a black SUV was drove through the parking lot and backed up to the rear of the venue. There were a few fans present that chased the SUV and quickly lined up. I joined the end of the line just as Axl walked out and started signing things and taking photos. He appeared quiet, tired, but in good spirits. We took a photo together and I asked if there was any chance of a one-off show with the original 5 Appetite guys. He went on to sign another item and didn't respond, so I assumed he was just ignoring me. He finally replied, saying, "anything is possible".

Now, I've been a fan of this band for decades and I know that any tiny piece of news inevitably gets blown out of proportion. Let's not blow this out of proportion. Smiley From my point of view, the only interesting thing about his response is that he didn't immediately shoot down the idea. It was a non-committal answer and should be taken that way.

Guns N' Roses is no longer those five guys and I'm totally fine with it. Enough time has passed and the latest incarnation of the band has done enough touring to solidify the fact. A one-off, classic full reunion would be cool to see and it seems that it's at least in the realm of possibility.

cool thanks for sharing that!  ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2019, 12:52:02 PM »

I have come to the realization that, at this point, you are good if you are in the building.  You likely won't want to hear a bootleg after.

I'm a huge bootleg guy.  Listen to my UYI bootlegs constantly.  But, to be honest, the latest bootleg I can say I listen to with any regularity are the 4 far east shows that the band did in December 2009. 

I saw the NITL tour twice.  Both times in the building, I had zero qualms.  Both times, I tracked down bootlegs of them afterwards.  They are not stellar.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2019, 04:23:52 PM »

I have come to the realization that, at this point, you are good if you are in the building.  You likely won't want to hear a bootleg after.

I'm a huge bootleg guy.  Listen to my UYI bootlegs constantly.  But, to be honest, the latest bootleg I can say I listen to with any regularity are the 4 far east shows that the band did in December 2009. 

I saw the NITL tour twice.  Both times in the building, I had zero qualms.  Both times, I tracked down bootlegs of them afterwards.  They are not stellar.

That's a very accurate summary I think. Having said that, the LA forum recording that went out live sounded (to my ears) great.

I can't say I listen to too many bootlegs regularly simply because there's a limit to how often I can hear the same songs! I almost view listening to GNR as a 'treat' these days. There's so little back catalogue that I ration myself!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »

I asked if there was any chance of a one-off show with the original 5 Appetite guys.  He finally replied, "anything is possible".

the only interesting thing about his response is that he didn't immediately shoot down the idea. It was a non-committal answer and should be taken that way.

Awesome story bro!   ok  And you're right, it IS interesting that Axl didn't arbitrarily shoot down the idea of the original five members sharing the stage again.  Just a very few short years ago, his answer to that very same question was.... drumrolll.......NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!   Grin  Agree with you that nobody should be holding their breath about it.  I'd pay good money to see it happen though!   ok
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:20:29 PM by Bridge » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »

He may have been taking a deep breath and counting to 10 so he didn't say anything mean.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2019, 12:32:15 AM »

The truth is, the Palladium would've been the ideal time to gather all 5 original guys to do at least a few songs.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »

gnr_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

slash_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

frank_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

richard_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

richard_duff_slash_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

melissa_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

duff_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

dizzy_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

duff_slash_palladium190921 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gnrtour/albums/72157711793076733/with/49069506367/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2019, 01:57:20 PM »

That shot of Richard is sick!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2019, 03:41:17 PM »

When did Dizzy grow facial hair?  Feel like it's been a long time since we've had pictures of him.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: