Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:11:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] November 2nd, 2019 Las Vegas, NV
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] November 2nd, 2019 Las Vegas, NV  (Read 14731 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: November 02, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »

[Updates] November 2nd, 2019 Las Vegas, NV @ Colosseum at Caesars Palace

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 11:54:50 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/kanefrentzel/videos/10220329095888264/  CW

https://www.facebook.com/kanefrentzel/videos/10220328935804262/  RQ

https://www.facebook.com/kanefrentzel/videos/10220328838041818/

https://www.facebook.com/georgeovelyons/videos/2825448510798990/

https://www.facebook.com/michael.stavrinakis/videos/10218587484790593/

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.lucero/videos/10216687001984362/

https://www.facebook.com/KnowleDJ/videos/2830014777023188/

https://www.facebook.com/georgeovelyons/videos/2825392847471223/

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 01:16:44 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 12:12:09 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.lucero/videos/10216687001984362/

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/kanefrentzel/videos/10220329040126870/?__tn__=%2CdlC-R&eid=ARDwvW7gqDP1fWlJFer2ELnRAkfEEXtvL6_aqtRoTa_EBPdsJvu1OmldpLJfySKE522eyrUHxQtxd3Zn&hc_ref=ARQocO-GIGYLdnZdHKAndgGSX6yymbRSnNfdlVT6q2sNA8zB0ScaSobAMMMna9Nnm8w

cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 01:15:50 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/kanefrentzel/videos/10220329095888264/?__tn__=%2CdlC-R&eid=ARAUh_rg39iw_zVbRa9gNnH4s6BhbvOv-Bfp5ReSeazrNYPK3ejMc7HlrmYWBeBBG3DJp0E5ijqv_hgO&hc_ref=ARQi_2XR94GIIsRHUh8oGV-c4dvUEoG9-WKvGRQMezCNV6vYxOA-qD7O0Krxsgq_1fo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 01:34:50 AM »

WTF, my trigger finger hurts from clicking refresh.  Grin

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 01:55:24 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.lucero/videos/10216687386233968/

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 01:07:14 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/georgeovelyons/videos/2825618807448627/

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 01:16:57 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/454202131880307/

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 01:27:40 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/kanefrentzel/videos/10220329444776986/

https://www.facebook.com/georgeovelyons/videos/2825649234112251/

MADDY!!!!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 01:32:01 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 01:39:40 AM »

That was great.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 01:41:16 AM »

Thank you GNR, happy holidays  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 01:19:24 PM »

Really liked the stage here.  Seemed more modern for some reason.  Not sure who is doing the videos but I think they are cool.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 05:48:26 PM »

Well it's finally over, a good tour indeed. Now it's time for GNR to get into the studio and work on an album. Hopefully get a new album by the spring and then go back on tour. See what happens hope for the best.

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 08:49:00 PM »

I think it's time to get on the phone with Jersey Jack and make sure we have a new pinball machine for Christmas/studio time.  Cheesy

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 01:08:15 AM »

Oof, some of those screams in Madagascar (took me this long to realize that's what you guys mean by "Maddy") sounded really damaging to his voice.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »

Oof, some of those screams in Madagascar (took me this long to realize that's what you guys mean by "Maddy") sounded really damaging to his voice.

Axl's live vocals are hit or miss these days.  Just the way it is.  And not even "good nights" versus "off nights".  There some shows his voice varies song to song.

Thing is, you don't notice it as much when you are there.  It's much easier to spot and grade on recordings.  But that's probably true of anyone.

What's hard for GNR fans to reconcile are the AXL/DC shows.  I saw GNR in July 2016.  Took my Pop.  We had a great time.  Then 2 months later, I took my brother with me to see the last AXL/DC show.  3 songs into it, he turns to me and says "Axl sounds incredible.  I should have gone with you in July."

So how do you explain to him to you don't get *that* Axl with his own band?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »

Simple. Variety of the voice range that the GN'R songs are comparable to the DC ones.

"...It don't really matter..."
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 03:30:01 PM »

yeah. well, ACDC songs permits more respiration for a singer I suppose, plus, with Angus, he had to rehearse,
something he joked about but he didn't (want to) learned the lesson apparently.
AND I have the impression he's doing these shows at 50% of his capacities for whatever reasons.

to be honest I thought he was ill for quite some time, some thyroïde problems or whatever
losing weight would be a good thing if he can manage it

I wonder what Duff & Slash thinks about his performances these days, if they don't really care, or...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 02:31:27 AM »

I wonder what Duff & Slash thinks about his performances these days, if they don't really care, or...

I wonder this too.  I mean...they aren't deaf.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 03:31:22 AM »

Axl's live vocals are hit or miss these days.  Just the way it is.  And not even "good nights" versus "off nights".  There some shows his voice varies song to song.

Thing is, you don't notice it as much when you are there.  It's much easier to spot and grade on recordings.  But that's probably true of anyone.

What's hard for GNR fans to reconcile are the AXL/DC shows.  I saw GNR in July 2016.  Took my Pop.  We had a great time.  Then 2 months later, I took my brother with me to see the last AXL/DC show.  3 songs into it, he turns to me and says "Axl sounds incredible.  I should have gone with you in July."

You don't notice it cause you're not focusing on Axl's voice. His voice it's so weird today, it lacks consistency...Age..medications..who knows. I think the ac dc shows were his swan song in terms of "old axl's voice": he pushed himself beyond his limits (with a little help of the technology) just for a short amount of time.  Hope the new songs would suit better his voice.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:34:47 AM by ITARocker » Logged
DeN
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 09:10:47 AM »

I wonder this too.  I mean...they aren't deaf.

don't want to paint the guys more cynical that they are but I suppose when you make this
amount of millions of dollars, you don't care too much if one of the guys is not really at
the level of the game

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 10:49:51 AM »

don't want to paint the guys more cynical that they are but I suppose when you make this
amount of millions of dollars, you don't care too much if one of the guys is not really at
the level of the game

It's hard not to see things that way, let's be honest. 

These dudes left a fortune on the table for over 20 years.  It's only human nature to want to recoup as much as you can while the getting is good.  And maybe you aren't rocking the boat.

Now, let's not go too doom & gloom here either.  He doesn't sound horrendous.  But while thinking he might ever recapture his UYI chops is a total fantasy, I think it's more than fair to say he doesn't even sound like 2006 or 2010 these days.  I also think fans are more willing to roll with the punches given that hes not up there with a bunch of replacement scabs either.  So there is considerably more leeway.

Here is my question though.  I constantly hear that AC/DC songs are "easier" to sing, or whatever that spin is.  Would seem to me that if he can crank up some rasp for Angus for 2 hours, why can't he for GNR fans?  But let's even say he has to pick his spots.  OK, fine.  So where is the rasp on the end of 'You Could Be Mine'?  That's one verse of one song.  And one that sorely needs some of the classic Axl voice.

In closing, I think on balance on the NITL tour is the best one they have ever done.  Professional, and no drama.  I loved it.  But you can think that and still ask these questions.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »

the level of the game

It's hard not to see things that way, let's be honest. 

These dudes left a fortune on the table for over 20 years.  It's only human nature to want to recoup as much as you can while the getting is good.  And maybe you aren't rocking the boat.

Now, let's not go too doom & gloom here either.  He doesn't sound horrendous.  But while thinking he might ever recapture his UYI chops is a total fantasy, I think it's more than fair to say he doesn't even sound like 2006 or 2010 these days.  I also think fans are more willing to roll with the punches given that hes not up there with a bunch of replacement scabs either.  So there is considerably more leeway.

Here is my question though.  I constantly hear that AC/DC songs are "easier" to sing, or whatever that spin is.  Would seem to me that if he can crank up some rasp for Angus for 2 hours, why can't he for GNR fans?  But let's even say he has to pick his spots.  OK, fine.  So where is the rasp on the end of 'You Could Be Mine'?  That's one verse of one song.  And one that sorely needs some of the classic Axl voice.

In closing, I think on balance on the NITL tour is the best one they have ever done.  Professional, and no drama.  I loved it.  But you can think that and still ask these questions.

At this point, I'll take a properly timed whistle for Paradise City...

The voice question is interesting...I've seen Axl/DC and yeah, he had rasp for a majority of the show.  I've also been to a few NITL shows...and it's definitely more pick and choose. 
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 09:18:18 PM »

I get how difficult it is on your vocal cords to sing with a forced rasp, but can’t Axl use more of his natural lower register than the clean vocals?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 04:42:32 AM »

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying his voice sounded bad, at least not in the usual "mickey mouse" way, but rather that he was forcing rasp/distortion into his voice in a very unhealthy way and it sounded like he was about to blow out his larynx or something. Here, listen from 8:30 in this video:

https://www.facebook.com/georgeovelyons/videos/2825649234112251/

He sounds like he's gargling mucus and God, I hope that's all it was, because if not, he had to be doing damage to the vocal cords.

Simple. Variety of the voice range that the GN'R songs are comparable to the DC ones.

AC/DC has plenty of variety in range. Songs like RNR Thunder and RNR Damnation have fairly low end vocals, while others can get just as high as Guns if not higher (like when he tried to hit studio notes with Hells Bells, the fucking madman!).

And even if that were the case, he should be able to still use that AC/DC voice within that same range for Guns.

the level of the game

Or they just realize he's getting older and vocals deteriorate and it's not like there's anything they could do to turn back time. The fans clearly want to see them all together, so what are you suggesting they do otherwise?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 10:50:12 AM »

bah, Axl has had issues ever since he came back with the new band. Sometimes he is on sometime he is off. Its not gone though. So I dont worry about Axl in the studio.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »

Easy explanation is that Axl chooses not to sing that way in GN'R. Why? Only he knows. I suspect that it is for the long term preservation of his voice.

Ali
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 12:43:51 PM »

He sounds like he's gargling mucus and God, I hope that's all it was, because if not, he had to be doing damage to the vocal cords.

This happens when u go for the rasp but vocal cords don't vibrate as they should. But it doesn't really mean that he's forcing that much, maybe your cords are already fucked up somehow, or u are just tired & they just don't cooperate...I mean, he's not really screaming, it's all about "compression". I don't have his vocal range, but i have a powerful voice, i can do the rasp as well in my range and, you know, it seems that you are screaming and destroying your cords, but you are not, its just a technique (and i can even singin high and clean but that really stresses my cords, more than the rasp in my natural range, so it doesnt really mean anything). On the other hand when u are angry and u scream "for real" u lose your voice after 2 min...

U can notice this even on ac/dc concert and the evolution of his rasp. I think he even use a little bit of autotune or ghost tracks cause when you're voice s crackin its almost impossible stay in tune. The cracks that you hear are unnatural, u can feel he's cracking but somehow he manages to keep singin in tune... so i think he's using something (nothin bad btw)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 12:48:17 PM by ITARocker » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 11:16:35 PM »

New LED screen, that's why the videos looked so good.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/guns-n-roses-delivers-a-tidal-wave-of-power-on-las-vegas-strip-1885002/

DeN
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2019, 10:21:48 AM »

U can notice this even on ac/dc concert and the evolution of his rasp. I think he even use a little bit of autotune or ghost tracks cause when you're voice s crackin its almost impossible stay in tune. The cracks that you hear are unnatural, u can feel he's cracking but somehow he manages to keep singin in tune... so i think he's using something (nothin bad btw)

I thought it was control & talent

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2019, 11:04:48 AM »

I thought it was control & talent

Ehm just no.. But I wasn't saying that in a bad way...it's pretty common nowadays... I even think he should use a very tiny "distorsion" effect when he's in the mickey  mouse mode. Or some vocal effects for songs like ycbm or locomotive. It would sound good..Just my opinion btw
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:39:52 AM by ITARocker » Logged
DeN
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2019, 02:32:55 PM »

if you have any video examples I'm interested to listen to them

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 01:54:38 AM »

This happens when u go for the rasp but vocal cords don't vibrate as they should. But it doesn't really mean that he's forcing that much, maybe your cords are already fucked up somehow, or u are just tired & they just don't cooperate...I mean, he's not really screaming, it's all about "compression". I don't have his vocal range, but i have a powerful voice, i can do the rasp as well in my range and, you know, it seems that you are screaming and destroying your cords, but you are not, its just a technique (and i can even singin high and clean but that really stresses my cords, more than the rasp in my natural range, so it doesnt really mean anything). On the other hand when u are angry and u scream "for real" u lose your voice after 2 min...

Basically every single professional vocal coach says that rasp is not healthy. And the rest of your "explanation" makes it pretty clear you don't actually know how the voice works.

Ehm, just no...

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 09:26:41 AM »

Basically every single professional vocal coach says that rasp is not healthy. And the rest of your "explanation" makes it pretty clear you don't actually know how the voice works.

Ehm, just no...

I haven't said it's healthy. But it's not that dangerous (in long terms its not the greatest thing but u can handle it) if u know how to do it ...Knowing that before u use distorsion (so called rasp) you have to learn how to sing clean, and not viceversa. There's plenty of singers who lost their range and power and they don't use rasp at all just because they don't know how to sing properly, they don't know what  to do and what not to do. An Example: do you remember the thing Axl did in the 90's, i mean the short scream at the end of the songs, between verses etc (kinda like the Michael jackson thing but using the rasp)?? Even when he was back in full rasp in '06 an '10 he didn't do it anymore and do you know why? Cause that "little" thing damages your vocal cords A LOT cause u use a lot of air which makes your vocal cords dry.

if you have any video examples I'm interested to listen to them

Every single "do you know where the fuck you are?" scream. I already knew it but if u check the last rock in rio (disaster) when he screams in his baritonal register u can clearly hear the ghost track or the autotuned voice in a higher register. It's probably at the 5%-10% of axl's mic volume but here u can hear it clearly.

1:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cTvr3zyfYg (does axl have 2 voice?don't think so)

I could check some guns/ac dc video and show you other examples, but it would be deadly boring, but trust me...In guns n roses there are very few of this things mainly during the screaming parts (90% just delays and reverbs..."classic" effects, but sometimes autotune and/or ghost tracks).
In ac dc you can notice a little bit of autotune or something like that when the rasp voice turns into the "pterodactyl" voice: my voice is cracking and/or  it's out of control but somehow i stay in tune so u can clearly hear an unnatural sound, even for the magic vocal cords of mr axl rose  Grin. It's like you're running zig zag but a superior force makes your run straight hihi

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:30:05 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 09:32:45 AM »

I could check some guns/ac dc video and show you other examples, but it would be deadly boring, but trust me...

Too late. Your posts have been boring for quite some time now.

If you wanna continue this same old boring crap, please feel free to use the Dead Horse section.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2020, 01:22:33 PM »

dizzy_las_vegas191102 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

frank_las_vegas191102 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

slash_2_las_vegas191102 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

melissa_las_vegas191102 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

richard_2_las_vegas191102 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

duff_2_las_vegas191102 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

richard_las_vegas191102 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: