Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:45:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to play at Vive Latino, Mexico City in 2020
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to play at Vive Latino, Mexico City in 2020  (Read 29613 times)
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2020, 09:14:14 PM »

The show in Milwaukee is apparently cancelled as well. I think the whole tour might be postponed.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2020, 07:42:49 AM »

The show in Milwaukee is apparently cancelled as well. I think the whole tour might be postponed.

Yeah, just seen that. The whole event it was part of (Summerfest) has been rescheduled for September, but no word on what is happening with the GNR concert in terms of rescheduling.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »

I wonder if the rest of the North America tour dates will be canceled.  I have tickets for MetLife stadium on July 18.   See what happens.

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

I wonder if the rest of the North America tour dates will be canceled.  I have tickets for MetLife stadium on July 18.   See what happens.

So, here's the rub.

I SUSPECT we will have gone back to "mostly normal" by then. Especially on the heals of the testimony in the UK a couple days ago by Neil Ferguson from Imperial College, who has revised his estimates based on current data, saying he thinks we should be able to start opening things back up in 6 to 8 weeks (from now).  But I'm not sure we will be at the point where we want tens of thousands of people in one place, yet.  I think the best answer is: You got a shot, kid.

If it were June, I'd say almost certainly not.  But July and August I think there's an outside shot.

Or they may just decide to scrap it and resechedule the whole thing for 2021, just to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:34:37 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »

Thanks for the update! beer

Rizzo160
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2020, 03:52:19 AM »

I wonder if the rest of the North America tour dates will be canceled.  I have tickets for MetLife stadium on July 18.   See what happens.

So, here's the rub.

I SUSPECT we will have gone back to "mostly normal" by then. Especially on the heals of the testimony in the UK a couple days ago by Neil Ferguson from Imperial College, who has revised his estimates based on current data, saying he thinks we should be able to start opening things back up in 6 to 8 weeks (from now).  But I'm not sure we will be at the point where we want tens of thousands of people in one place, yet.  I think the best answer is: You got a shot, kid.

If it were June, I'd say almost certainly not.  But July and August I think there's an outside shot.

Or they may just decide to scrap it and resechedule the whole thing for 2021, just to be on the safe side.
The Europe leg imo is forget about it. It is due to start way too soon. US leg July 4th there's definitely a chance. If we continue to diligently do the social distancing for at least another month and ramp up the testing. Testing is the biggest key. We do this we will know where the worst is and can do the quarantining and contact tracing. You gotta think right now look how bad it is in places like New York and NOLA and they still are a few weeks away from reaching the height of their infections. We have a lot of work to do in the next 2 months to have a chance to slow this down.
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2020, 07:21:23 AM »

Even if it is relatively contained by the summer months people will be extremely hesitant about attending events with 60,000 people and rightfully so. The Olympics, Euro league etc have all been postponed. Such mass events could cause a second wave of infections.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think any touring before the fall is extremely unlikely.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:55 AM »

Even if it is relatively contained by the summer months people will be extremely hesitant about attending events with 60,000 people and rightfully so. The Olympics, Euro league etc have all been postponed. Such mass events could cause a second wave of infections.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think any touring before the fall is extremely unlikely.

A lot can happen by then but this is more likely true then not. We still need more time to see how effective the stay at home orders are and if any existing drugs show signs of helping. Seeing what happens in China when they start going back to normal in April and see if it spikes again.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2020, 08:50:53 AM »

The Europe leg imo is forget about it. It is due to start way too soon. US leg July 4th there's definitely a chance. If we continue to diligently do the social distancing for at least another month and ramp up the testing. Testing is the biggest key. We do this we will know where the worst is and can do the quarantining and contact tracing. You gotta think right now look how bad it is in places like New York and NOLA and they still are a few weeks away from reaching the height of their infections. We have a lot of work to do in the next 2 months to have a chance to slow this down.

Probably.

The EU is a bit ahead of the US curve right now, so again: MAYBE.  But I'd peg that maybe as a lot less of a chance.  Maybe 25% that many/most of those shows happen on schedule.

I would say if you were attending a UK show....you have close to a zero % chance of those shows happening.

As I said: The US shows I'd say are 50/50 for most of them.  I'm feeling more and more pessimistic about the  show at metlife.  Given how NYC looks right now (and yes, I know metlife is in NEW JERSEY)....I think that show is in the most jeopardy.  That place is going to be a mess for a long, long time even AFTER the peak.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2020, 09:01:40 AM »

Probably.

The EU is a bit ahead of the US curve right now, so again: MAYBE.  But I'd peg that maybe as a lot less of a chance.  Maybe 25% that many/most of those shows happen on schedule.

I would say if you were attending a UK show....you have close to a zero % chance of those shows happening.

As I said: The US shows I'd say are 50/50 for most of them.  I'm feeling more and more pessimistic about the  show at metlife.  Given how NYC looks right now (and yes, I know metlife is in NEW JERSEY)....I think that show is in the most jeopardy.  That place is going to be a mess for a long, long time even AFTER the peak.
I know i sure wouldn't go placing any bets on any large event in the NY/NJ area anytime soon. They are gonna need awhile to recover just because of the population. I see the same scenario playing out in California. States with extremely large populations are gonna get hit harder and longer.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »

I have tickets to the MetLife stadium but I think it will be postponed.  Maybe they will reschedule for the following year. Crazy times, hopefully life will be back to normal by the fall.

Rizzo160
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »

I believe the tour will start in south america like originally intended in late november, the rest of the world will be 2021.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:22 PM »

I believe the tour will start in south america like originally intended in late november, the rest of the world will be 2021.
Thats a good guess.
Same dates just 2021

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2020, 08:27:14 PM »

Yes most bands like The Who, Roger Waters, Stones, etc have postponed til 2021.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2020, 11:10:42 PM »

I haven't any reports blaming this concert for a large outbreak.  Time is up on when they can blame the concert.  Got it in right under the wire.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: