Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227799 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NITLT Tour Is Third Highest Grossing Tour EVER
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NITLT Tour Is Third Highest Grossing Tour EVER  (Read 3455 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: November 23, 2019, 11:24:12 PM »

GypsyNote:  The first listed article was taken from the second [Billboard] article

GUNS N ROSES "Not In This Lifetime" Tour Is Third Highest Grossing Tour EVER

Guns N Roses grossed more on their most recent run of reunion shows than most countries.

According to Billboard, the three year tour, which featured the first time Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan shared the stage in 20 years has grossed $584.2 million from some 5,371,891 tickets sold across three continents.

Billboard notes it's the third highest grossing tour in the history of their "Boxscore" tracking. That's no easy feat. In fact, that's higher than the British Virgin Islands' GDP.

Guns N' Roses are no doubt pleased with the results and hoping to replicate them in a few years when they, hopefully, have a new album out. The band is reportedly working in the studio right now.

The tour itself was a massive undertaking. Here's a video from 2016 explaining the production.

Source:  https://metalinjection.net/its-just-business/earnings-attendance/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-is-third-highest-grossing-tour-ever?fbclid=IwAR1yvP9Hf5Eftjh_FC3qAJXpKyIJg1UI2HWVZg_GwpxLAXiFcPEc7HI2AxU

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8544389/guns-n-roses-in-this-lifetime-tour

Guns N' Roses Wrap 'Not in This Lifetime… Tour': $584 Million; 5.4 Million Tickets
11/22/2019 by Eric Frankenberg

After more than three years and 158 concerts, Guns N' Roses' Not in This Lifetime… Tour has come to a close. And, the final numbers are in: $584.2 million grossed from 5,371,891 tickets sold across six continents' worth of shows. The tour, which began in 2016, concludes as the No. 3 highest-grossing tour in the history of Billboard Boxscore. GNR is represented by UTA's Ken Fermaglich and ITB's Rod MacSween. The tour was promoted by Live Nation. Guns N' Roses are managed by Fernando Lebeis and Team Brazil Management.

The tour reunited Guns N’ Roses members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan, who -- before reconvening in 2016, hadn't played a show together since 1993.

After warming up at the 500-capacity The Troubadour in West Hollywood, Calif. on April 1, 2016, a newly reunited Guns N’ Roses gave an unofficial kick-off to the Not in This Lifetime… Tour with two shows at the then-newly opened T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The April 8-9, 2016 concerts sold out at 28,889 tickets and a blistering $7.3 million gross according to figures reported to Billboard Boxscore. Three-and-a-half years and six continents later, GNR returned to Vegas to wrap their sprawling global trek with two final shows at The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace on Nov. 2-3.

From 2016 to 2019, GNR maintained a busy schedule, maximizing their global potential with trips around the world. The tour was rooted in North America, with 87 of 158 shows (55%) taking place in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. But there were also multiple visits to Europe (31 shows), Asia (16) and South America (15), plus eight dates in Australia and one in Johannesburg, South Africa.

With more time in North America, the band was able to play a more even mix of stadiums and arenas, as opposed to quicker runs of only stadiums internationally. Their home-continent touring amounted to $258.5 million and 2.3 million tickets sold, still far ahead of Europe’s $166.1 million.

The tour’s top performing engagements are representative of the band’s global approach. They broke $10 million on five separate engagements throughout the run (London; East Rutherford, N.J.; Tallinn, Estonia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Sao Paulo, Brazil). Similarly, they eclipsed 100,000 tickets on four occasions (London; Mexico City; Buenos Aires; East Rutherford). The London Stadium shows on June 16-17, 2017 were the highlights of the tour on both accounts, with a $17.7 million gross and a paid attendance tally of 140,877.

The Not in This Lifetime… Tour marked the first time that Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan played together since the 1993 Use Your Illusion Tour and their reunion proved the power of the band’s classic lineup.  On a per-show basis, the band leveled up from an average gross of $617,000 on the 2012-14 Appetite for Democracy Tour to $3.7 million each night on the Not in This Lifetime… Tour.

Fans may have thought a reunion (much less a reunion that has lasted three years so far) was impossible but at the close of the decade, here we are: Guns N’ Roses mounted the third most successful tour of all time, closing with a string of sold-out shows in the trek’s fourth and final year.

Gary Miller/Getty Images
Axl Rose and Slash of Guns N' Roses perform in concert during weekend one of the 2019 ACL Fest at Zilker Park on Oct. 4, 2019 in Austin, Texas.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »

Congrats to the band and crew.  Cheesy  

St Louis is back on places to tour.  ok
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:56:16 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 06:01:02 AM »

What an amazing experience to be part of. Smiley

42 countries. New places, old favorites and everything in between.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 07:52:34 AM »

success was predictable but that's a great achievement for all
the people involved, especially Team Brazil who were criticised
by some fans over the years.

kudos to the band to stick together without any public drama,
even if I miss drama  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 02:21:05 PM »

Yeah. I think most expected it to do great.

But I don't know how many predicted it to go on for three and a half years with no canceled shows or other incidents.... Smiley

Or for it to end up as the third biggest tour of all times. Which is quite the feat for a hard rock band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 01:07:37 PM »

On balance, I think it's the best tour.

Axl may have been in better voice back in the day, but does anyone really miss the old Axl behavior?  I'd make that trade.

This tour was professional in every aspect.  No riots, no late starts.  Not even any mid-show drama when Axl saw a sign he didn't like or wanted to kill his sound guy.

It also, and I don't think this gets enough play, seemed the guys seemed like they were having honest to god fun up there.  I listen to my UYI bootlegs way more, but face it, that was not a stage full of happy campers.  Whether it was temper tantrums, substance abuse...that tour had its share of problems that didn't produce the happiest mood.

This tour was excellent.  Looking forward to the next one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 03:46:17 PM »

Being a bit old school, I still like seeing Guns featured in publications like Billboard, Rolling Stone, etc.

The tour was a phenomenal achievement for a band as historically polarizing and controversial as Guns was.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 05:42:42 PM »

Between GNR and me, we made approximately $584.2 million during the tour.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »

Between GNR and me, we made approximately $584.2 million during the tour.

Haha. Good job, you 2.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: