Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR playing Bud Light Superbowl Music Fest, January 31st, 2020 in Miami
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR playing Bud Light Superbowl Music Fest, January 31st, 2020 in Miami  (Read 24746 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2020, 07:16:50 PM »

Love this band, but wow. ‘New chapter’ ‘New show’ you cant charge fans $$ and play the exact same show from the last 3 years whilst promoting otherwise. Utterly disappointed. Seriously how hard is to even open the show with a different song??

The lack of comments on this thread seem to indicate the lack of interest this band generates from the ‘hard core’  fans. Very very sad.

Or maybe because, you know, nobody was considering this part of the New Chapter tour that starts in March? Also, they brought out You're Crazy for the first time with Slash and Duff.

Back on topic, I thought the performance was actually pretty damn good for a modern day SCOM. It's one of Axl's weakest songs these days so I get the feeling the band had no input and maybe even didn't know which song would be chosen before hand so they could give a little extra care to it. Regardless, I think he sounded pretty damn good in the verses, obviously not that powerful but his tone was not Mickey either. Not as good in the chorus, but good in the outro. All the shitty comments on Twitter are just the usual assholes being assholes.

I liked that show.  Before it seemed like they were speeding their way through the show.  This one seemed to flow at a speed that allowed you time to be drawn in.  Wasn't holding on so tight to my mouse, lol.  Hope that's an indicator of future shows.

Interesting, what do you mean by this? The tempo of the songs? I didn't really notice.

Slash ‘s  solo was very good, frank keeps on rushing (it’s almost unbelievable after 4 years with this lineup) axl is out of breath but at least his clean voice in scom works well, one of the few songs imho. The choice of the song was correct imho

They all have a tendency to rush; Slash does it on solos, Axl does it often with Shadow, and Frank in general.

I’m sure the networks selected the song and if that’s the case, they’re going to pick the most well known song. Some corporate big wig isn’t going to listen to that whole concert and try to determine where they sounded the best.

The thing is, a band like GNR could have absolutely dictated to the network what song they wanted shown (and obviously they know where they sound the best). And yet, it seems like they chose not to. Weird.

Exactly! So we are expected to believe that in the next month the band are going to rehearse a complete different show. Which is likely, the past few months could have been 'off time' for the band. And they haven't gotten together to yet rehearse anything new, but will use this month to do so. This is being positive, but for anyone using the Miami show as an indicator of what to expect would be disappointed if they have seen this show before and are purchasing tickets.

Well, what do we mean by "entirely new show"? Do we mean a new stage? (it did look different to me) New songs? Just because they didn't play new songs at this show doesn't mean they haven't been rehearsing them already. They could have been rehearsing new stuff for the past two months. Just because changes haven't debuted yet doesn't mean they haven't been worked on and must be crammed in the next month.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2020, 07:27:46 PM »

Patience was featured in one of the super bowl commercials.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2020, 10:53:34 PM »

Seeing Crazy with Slash, Has Slash player on crazy in the newer era?

No, this is the first time they've played "You're Crazy" since Slash rejoined the band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2020, 07:21:13 AM »

By "months before" you mean one month before, right?  The "next chapter" starts in March. 

About 1.5 months.

Is it possible that the two upcoming tours aren't gonna be exactly the same? That some things could be added for South America, but the biggest change will be on the European leg?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2020, 08:25:15 AM »

By "months before" you mean one month before, right?  The "next chapter" starts in March.  

About 1.5 months.

Is it possible that the two upcoming tours aren't gonna be exactly the same? That some things could be added for South America, but the biggest change will be on the European leg?

/jarmo

Everything is possible...in theory  hihi hihi
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2020, 08:38:58 AM »

Well Live nation just announced the US tour... Facebook had an even created for GNR At Comerica Park in Detroit on 7-11... I think it’s gonna be a great year!! I hope they can get Dirty Honey to support for the entire tour... would be an excellent addition!!

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2020, 03:44:20 PM »

Not to sound corny or anything, but I am super thankful that since 2016 I've gotten to see GNR w/ Slash and Duff at least once a year, usually twice.  beer

Just as simple as that.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2020, 03:50:54 PM »

It's not corny. It's reality.

Sometimes we forget that things aren't always as bad as they are portrayed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2020, 04:12:45 PM »

Not to sound corny or anything, but I am super thankful that since 2016 I've gotten to see GNR w/ Slash and Duff at least once a year, usually twice.  beer

Just as simple as that.

I had a blast at both of my shows.  Told anyone that asked they were awesome.

It's no doubt a great night out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2020, 05:46:04 PM »

I had a blast at both of my shows.  Told anyone that asked they were awesome.

It's no doubt a great night out.

Exactly.

/jarmo

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2020, 06:48:57 PM »

This is very true we could go back to the Wonder Years of 94-02 and then 03 to - what like 08 when they started to tour a little more and sporadically thru the early 2010s
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2020, 02:53:19 PM »

axl_slash_miami200131 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

duff_miami200131 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

dizzy_miami200131 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

frank_miami200131 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

slash_miami200131 by Jarmo Luukkonen, on Flickr

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2020, 08:44:09 AM »

Great pics, jarmo!

That last one of Slash mid jump is FUCKING stellar.  I'd order a poster sized print of that and hang it on my wall!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:23 AM »

Great pics, jarmo!

That last one of Slash mid jump is FUCKING stellar.  I'd order a poster sized print of that and hang it on my wall!

There's been a couple I've wanted in the past too - ones of shows I was at mainly.

I wonder if this might be a possibility....if there's a commercial issue, perhaps that could be navigated by doing it at cost price or accepting charity donations rather than payment? 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »

Thanks! Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: