Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR playing Bud Light Superbowl Music Fest, January 31st, 2020 in Miami
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR playing Bud Light Superbowl Music Fest, January 31st, 2020 in Miami  (Read 24689 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 04:20:35 PM »

Guns N' Roses @gunsnroses
Miami, we're bringing @SnoopDogg
Dogg as our special guest to the @SBMusicFest.
See you on 1.31
🤘
#SuperBowlMusicFest https://gunsnroses.com/tour

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 04:50:14 PM »

Finally, somebody with a decent connection to a sponsor with coffee!  Donuts are pretty good too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 01:03:09 PM »

Snoop Dogg? Haha, now this is interesting! Can you imagine if they brought him out for a song? Maybe do the rap version of Paradise City that Slash recorded?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 01:06:57 PM »

Snoop is a legend, what a brilliant addition  beer smoking
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »

They should do '2 Of Americaz Most Wanted'.

Axl can do Pac's parts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 07:09:20 AM »

Also, some part of this is supposed to be televised on Fox, at 11 PM, on the 31st.  We'll see!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 11:35:25 AM »

Axl can do Pac's parts.

No.  Just No.

That's even a worse suggestion than whoever thought it would be a good idea for Julia Roberts to portray Harriet Tubman.

Axl may be described as a lot of things (good N' bad) but "gangsta" ain't one of them.

And if he were to survive the first six mentions of the N word in that song, dime to a dollar says when the song gets to the lyrics "My n***a Dogg with me", no one would be surprised (or blame him) if Snoop's knee jerk reaction is to pull out that Glock and end Axl right then and there!!!

Youze all know that I think Axl can do and get away with most anything BUT Axl doing Tupac's part in anything would be nothing short of blasphemy.

I'm sure there are plenty of songs denigrating women that would be more appropriate for a GNR/Snoop Dogg collaboration.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 01:40:48 PM »

Axl can do Pac's parts.

No.  Just No.

That's even a worse suggestion than whoever thought it would be a good idea for Julia Roberts to portray Harriet Tubman.

Axl may be described as a lot of things (good N' bad) but "gangsta" ain't one of them.

And if he were to survive the first six mentions of the N word in that song, dime to a dollar says when the song gets to the lyrics "My n***a Dogg with me", no one would be surprised (or blame him) if Snoop's knee jerk reaction is to pull out that Glock and end Axl right then and there!!!

Youze all know that I think Axl can do and get away with most anything BUT Axl doing Tupac's part in anything would be nothing short of blasphemy.

I'm sure there are plenty of songs denigrating women that would be more appropriate for a GNR/Snoop Dogg collaboration.

Hahahaha

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2020, 09:35:12 PM »

Also, some part of this is supposed to be televised on Fox, at 11 PM, on the 31st.  We'll see!

Just checked (and set it up to record on the DVR):  It starts at 11:30 PM on local fox affiliates, on Feb 1st.

Together again,
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2020, 11:00:50 PM »

Just checked (and set it up to record on the DVR):  It starts at 11:30 PM on local fox affiliates, on Feb 1st.

Eastern?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2020, 07:57:04 AM »

Eastern?

Yup!

Together again,
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2020, 03:31:33 PM »

What do you think of our chances for getting a new song on January 31?

Eastern?

Yup!

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2020, 04:05:17 PM »

Eastern?

Yup!

Again, I have no earthly idea.  I'd say, for me, it's a toss up.

But....I gotta tell you...I just don't feel the "urgency" to get news from the GnR crew that other posters do right now.  IDK....I take Fernando at his word until there is good reason to believe I shouldn't.  And that means I'm not really worried or jonesing for a follow up til his time frame has passed.

If we haven't heard anything specific about new music by the end of March.....I'll wonder whats going on and maybe be a little more hungry for an update.

Til then? Meh.....I'll enjoy the recap show on the 1st.

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2020, 04:37:59 PM »

Urgency?

I personally don't' understand not understanding the need, desire and thirst for new music at this juncture but to each their own.

Simply put - a new album with Slash and Duff involved again can quite simply be a game changer. Maybe I'm overstating it but I know they have potential to put out an album on the level of a Physical Graffiti or even better- I don't think I'm alone on this either. Something like this is something I can take with me through the next 20 years at least - the same way the older albums meant something enormous to me and still do. And this could be the last window, who really knows.

A mere announcement that it is happening, even if it's a year or two away, is something that will strike at my soul 1000% more than another show played with the same old songs played and reading about a tweak to the setlist.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »

I personally doubt it. I don't really consider this the start of the new tour or "chapter" or whatever.. I figure this is more of a one off show for a crowd of casuals who expect to hear the hits. A new song without context would just confuse them. If GNR had announced a new album by now or actually dropped a single to get it into the public consciousness, I would feel differently.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2020, 06:15:51 PM »

You could be right in that nothing solid has materialized and everything is just speculation.

Rizzo160
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 06:36:15 PM »

I personally doubt it. I don't really consider this the start of the new tour or "chapter" or whatever.. I figure this is more of a one off show for a crowd of casuals who expect to hear the hits. A new song without context would just confuse them. If GNR had announced a new album by now or actually dropped a single to get it into the public consciousness, I would feel differently.

That is a good point.
Well put
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2020, 05:17:12 AM »

To be honest, the people I was stood around at the NITL shows were confused by Coma, Double Talkin Jive, anything off CD etc. Pretty much anything that wasn't a 'Greatest Hit' was met with bafflement, sadly.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2020, 06:42:30 AM »

Urgency?

I personally don't' understand not understanding the need, desire and thirst for new music at this juncture but to each their own.

Simply put - a new album with Slash and Duff involved again can quite simply be a game changer. Maybe I'm overstating it but I know they have potential to put out an album on the level of a Physical Graffiti or even better- I don't think I'm alone on this either. Something like this is something I can take with me through the next 20 years at least - the same way the older albums meant something enormous to me and still do. And this could be the last window, who really knows.

A mere announcement that it is happening, even if it's a year or two away, is something that will strike at my soul 1000% more than another show played with the same old songs played and reading about a tweak to the setlist.

I don't think you're getting what I'm putting down.

I certainly want new music.  And I think that new music will be HUGE. And I'm REALLY excited to hear it (as an aside, I avoided the leaks!).

But I don't feel urgency FOR AN UPDATE RIGHT THIS SECOND from the band.  I wouldn't be disappointed to hear one.  I just don't feel the same sense of urgent need for more information beyond that, RIGHT NOW.

Fernando said 6 months...about 3 months ago.  

I don't have a burning need for a monthly/weekly/daily update.  Until we hear plans have changed (and I'm talking more than Slash's guitar interview), I'm good waiting til March.

If we don't have any more info on April 1, THEN maybe I'll feel a little more "urgency" in terms of getting more information.

I'm not saying other people feeling that "urgency" is wrong. It's their nature.  It's just not mine.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:44:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2020, 10:39:58 AM »

I don't necessarily need (or even want) a new song to be the one chosen for the broadcast.  It's not just GNR being shown in that hour long special.  Each act will get a few tunes, I suspect.  As other have alluded, a new song the first night might well sound like ass.

But we will see the setlist of what they play.  First and foremost, I do not want to see the exact same NITL structure.  If it is, it's not a death knell by any stretch.  But it's also hardly anything to be jazzed about.

I'd like a new song in there somewhere, because the inclusion of even one new song means an album is coming out this year.  'Hard School' for example, was written some time ago.  Long before the NITL tour even began.  I know it was an alternate on NITL setlists, but it really made no sense at that time during what was, really, a greatest hits tour.

You'd play it (or something else "new") because, god willing, 2020 won't just be Year 5 of the $BIG DOLLAZ$ Greatest Hits revue.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: